Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ravi Dev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MakinItBIG
    I know, I said because they do not know that they can become malnourished. They do not properly know how to eat. I am very open minded. becoming a chiropractor has nothing to do with being a vegan..LOL i duno what your getting at. Im sort of joking around when I say they only eat lettuce. if they want to stay away from meat, thats them. I dont care. But anyways..you cant go to chiropracting school right from HS. You need a degree in some science, Im a senior next year at Umass, once I get my exercise physiology degree, then I will apply either to Bridgeport University or one in NY.

Intresting.
    actually, i do know you cant go strait to a chiro school, i didnt say i was going to a chiropractic college next year, i said i am going to college to become a chiropractor.
    I havent fully planned everything out yet, but I think im gonna get my BA at Middlesex community college then go to UMass Lowell, & finally Palmer College of Chiropractic West (palmer.edu)

"becoming a chiropractor has nothing to do with being a vegan..LOL i duno what your getting at" - i dont see how you would think i said it did, i was mearly stating that chiropractor are normally alot more open minded about that kind of thing.

"malnutrition is a problem with being a vegan with many females, they are more than men, because they do not know there are supplements that can be taken for that type of thing" basicly you are saying females dont no **** about supps, i am in total agreement w/ uhockey, that is an extremely sexist statement which tells us you obviously dont know many women & you think that all women are just like the ones you know.

oh 1 more thing, have you ever checked out a nutrient database? because there a ton more vitamins & minerals in vegetables & fruit than in meat or eggs.

here are two good ones, checkem out read up, learn & dont say stupid things without evidence to back it up.
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/nutrient.htm

http://www.nutritiondata.com/index.html

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ravi Dev
    Intresting.
    actually, i do know you cant go strait to a chiro school
    I know for a fact that this is incorrect. My sister-in-law is a chiro and went straight from high school. I'm sure it depends on the school, but it is possible to go straight from H.S. to chiro school.

Originally Posted by johnsbod
    I know for a fact that this is incorrect. My sister-in-law is a chiro and went straight from high school. I'm sure it depends on the school, but it is possible to go straight from H.S. to chiro school.
    dont tell me, tell MakinItBig "you cant go to chiropracting school right from HS. You need a degree in some science," i never fully checked up on the matter, but all of the colleges i checked out had such requirements.

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    dont tell me, tell MakinItBig "you cant go to chiropracting school right from HS. You need a degree in some science," i never fully checked up on the matter, but all of the colleges i checked out had such requirements.
    You can go straight to chiro from H.S. That's exactly what my sister-in-law did. I'm sure the requirements vary depending on school, but you CAN go directly from H.S. and I've seen first hand that it has been done.

You can go straight to chiro from H.S. That's exactly what my sister-in-law did. I'm sure the requirements vary depending on school, but you CAN go directly from H.S. and I've seen first hand that it has been done.
    ****ING trolls! BB.com has hundreds of these little sh!ts running around!

Unhappy

****ING trolls! BB.com has hundreds of these little sh!ts running around!
    I'm not a troll, I just happened to register today. It's my understanding that I'm allowed to post after joining, so I don't know why you're giving me a hard time. I'm also not flaming or starting trouble, I'm simply sharing some first hand experience. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but I'm telling the truth.

I believe her degree is from Palmer (can't remember the full name). She has 7 siblings, 4 of which are also chiropractors. If I remember correctly, they all went to the same school.

Thanks for the nice welcome.
    Last edited by johnsbod; 12-28-2004 at 02:52 PM.

I'm not a troll, I just happened to register today. It's my understanding that I'm allowed to post after joining, so I don't know why you're giving me a hard time. I'm also not flaming or starting trouble, I'm simply sharing some first hand experience. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but I'm telling the truth.

I believe her degree is from Palmer (can't remember the full name). She has 7 siblings, 4 of which are also chiropractors. If I remember correctly, they all went to the same school.

Thanks for the nice welcome.
    not convincing me, if you werent a troll you would have no reason to double post.

not convincing me, if you werent a troll you would have no reason to double post.
    What am I double posting? I posted factual information that you told me was wrong. I responded to your rebuttal because I know it's not true. That's a dialogue, not a double post. If that's what you call double posting, then you have done the same thing.

Every new guy/gal on here is not a troll and I don't think I have posted anything that should lead someone to believe that I am a troll. Give me a break, you don't start off on a message board with loads of rep points and hundreds of posts. You have to start from 1 which is what I did. I've already shared my first hand facts, so do with it what you want. At 30 years old I have a lot more valuable things to do with my time than argue with someone over whether or not I'm a troll, and in fact it is not my job as a new member to convince you that I am not a troll. There's also nothing in the membership information that suggests that new members must post responses that agree with "more seasoned" members at all. It's just too bad that someone can't join a website and get a warmer reception. Hopefully the other users on here aren't the same way about new members.
    Last edited by johnsbod; 12-28-2004 at 03:16 PM.

Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well Ive done my research and as far as I know, you need a degree in a Science before going to any chiropracting specific school. Ive spoken with two already, the one in NY and also in Connecticut. Going right from HS, one would be lost because they do not teach anything having to do with the body in depth anyways...such as physiology, anatomy, human biology...etc, im sure some HS but none that I know of. Which school did your in-law go to? I wanted to go right from the start too but i couldnt cuz I did not have the degree yet.

"I too am going to college to become a chiropractor next year, just got to finish up high school, what chiropractic college do you plan to go to?"
    ...you said, you are going to chiro school to become one after you finish HS.you never said anything about going to college first for a degree but anyways..

Heres some evidence too, my statements are not stupid...

Being a vegetarian has its benefits but if not properly planned, one can easily become malnurished. The American Dietetic Association, in a doc developed by Messina and Burke, stated that those veget diets can be healthful IF planned out properly but if the foods chosen to eat are not carefully selected, they may suffer a deficiency involving calories, vitamins, minerals and protein. Although calories are one of the lesser concerns, having that plant products are low in calories naturally, they may be on an inproper diet for their body weight, esp. in younger adults/children. Strict vegetarians may incur a viatmin b12 deficiency because this vitamin is not found in any plant foods. it is found in animal products and will be consumed by some vegans but not a ovolactovegetarian. Also, if a vegan is not exposed to sunlight, they will also need vitamin D which is also not found in plants.
    Mineral deficiences of iron, calcium, and zinc may also occur. during the digestion process, some plant foods form compounds known as phytates and oxalates that can bind these minerals so they cannot be absorbed into the body. Iodine deficiency may also occur with strict vegetarian diets when plants grown in iodine depleted soil are ingested.
    protein being the biggest factor. Humans need an adaequate amount of the right types, esp in younger people. Consuming enough calories to maintain an optimal body weight will provide adequate amounts of protein. Complete proteins are needed, and they are found in animal products generally. Some vegatables will contain the right proteins such as grains and rice, corn. However, most vegtables lack one or more essential amino acid in sufficient quality.
    They are incomplete proteins and are generally not adequate for maintaining proper human nutrition. so in conclusion, like Ive said before, if they do not understand how the diet would work and do not consume the right amounts and types of foods(grains, rice, corns, wheat, nuts) then they could be deficient in what is important. So dont come tell me not to state things I have no idea about. I say what I learn from personal experience, not from someone elses views or information.

and uhock calling me ignorant? your the one who thinks a chiropractor is an overprice massuese. your out of your mind if you think that. A masseuse massages muscles and relaxes the body. go look into what a chiropractor does, yeah they may be one thing they will do for someone but its alot more in depth than you think. your dealing with actual spinal cords, bones..etc, a masseuse doesnt run the risk of paralyzing someone, a chiropractor could if they do something incorrectly. lets whine some more about how much of a stressed out med student you are. what med field are u going into and what major are you doing for school.

this is no attack, just putting it out there.

peace
    Last edited by MakinItBIG; 12-28-2004 at 08:57 PM.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Now children, let's simmer down and play nice. Is it nap time? lol

Seriously guys, this is getting way out of hand for a discussion about vegetarianism. Vegetarians are supposed to be PEACEFUL!

You can get "big" on a vegetarian diet, but it is a lot harder, and I personally think that you would NOT be able to attain the same size as if you were NOT a vegetarian. I have yet to see a really big veggie, and I doubt I ever will. I would believe they are out there, but they are somewhat like the Yeti... Very elsuive and hard to find. Ideally you want red meat and fish and chicken as well in your diet. They are complete protein without estrogenic sides (as have been found in soy). Meat, it's what's for dinner.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Melkor
    Now children, let's simmer down and play nice. Is it nap time? lol

Seriously guys, this is getting way out of hand for a discussion about vegetarianism. Vegetarians are supposed to be PEACEFUL!

You can get "big" on a vegetarian diet, but it is a lot harder, and I personally think that you would NOT be able to attain the same size as if you were NOT a vegetarian. I have yet to see a really big veggie, and I doubt I ever will. I would believe they are out there, but they are somewhat like the Yeti... Very elsuive and hard to find. Ideally you want red meat and fish and chicken as well in your diet. They are complete protein without estrogenic sides (as have been found in soy). Meat, it's what's for dinner.
    My point exactly Melkor, it would take dedication to be a successful bodybuilder vegetarian, but it is possible. And regardless of dedication, it STILL doesn't mean women are uneducated about supplementation or that veganism is DANGEROUS.

As for what "major," actually known as specialty, I am undecided as of yet, but I am currently leaning towards geriatrics or gastroenterology......both of which require a college degree, passing the MCAT, 4 years of medical school, all three steps of the boards, residency, internship, etc. They certainly cannot be entered directly after highschool...........you overglorified masseuse. No knock on nurses (they are great), but you can enter that directly out of high school and they are FAR more qualified as health care workers than a chiropractor.

iNeedAsponsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNeedAsponsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNeedAsponsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNeedAsponsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNeedAsponsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iNeedAsponsor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I stand my ground on this point, you can't get big and i mean BIG without chicken, steak, eggs and fish.

But sure, you could get to like 200lbs and being pretty lean, though it would take a considerable amount of time.

And no - I haven't just read ONE article, several articles in books and internet plus being told this by certified PTs and PE teachers.

Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clive Jones has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im done after this statement just because you feel the need to bash a good career and have absolutely no clue as to what a chiropractor is, read this and zip it

Chiropractors work with the bones and nerves of the spinal column and spinal cord respectively. Chiropractors spend years of highly specialized training in order to locate where misplaced spinal vertebrae are impinging the nerves that travel down the spinal cord and out through the spinal column to the muscles, organs, and glands of the body. After locating the vertebrae impinging the nerves (subluxations), the chiropractor, using various highly specialized techniques, is able to replace the misplaced vertebrae and thus release pressure on the nerves. That is called a spinal adjustment.

Chiropractors are trained as primary care physicians
    They perform thorough physical examinations, which may include orthopedic and neurological exams...etc

and ill say it again, masseuse massage muscles, thats it. neither a masseuse or nurse are able to examine/treat someone with a spinal cord injury. They do alot more than just crack your neck when it hurts.