againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Unhappy Heart problem HELP? (very serious)

A week ago, something starts squeezing in the left side of my chest. At first, the pain was brief and infrequent. It built up over the next few days until later today the discomfort persisted. When I'm doing moderate physical labor there's no pain at all. At the moment I stop or resting the squeezing/cutting sensation comes back randomly. Right this week I am taking a break from gym so I don't know how working out will affect the situation. I am taking Ecotrin right now. What should I do?

I am 22yro, 5'7, 185lbs. I've been weightlifting one year. Brought my weight up from 120. I run two times a week. My diet is solid. No drink, no smoke. Minor heart issues on mother's side.

Please help!!!
    Last edited by againstall0dds; 07-22-2007 at 12:48 AM.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    May be heart - get it checked quickly!

May also be a rib joint or a spinal joint referring pain.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Can you describe the pain? Is it a stabbing, crushing, twisting etc. pain? Does the pain radiate anywhere - to your left arm, back, neck, jaw? Any shortness of breath, dizziness, light-headedness, sweating, palpitations etc.?

As you say that the pain only comes on when you stop exercising or rest, I don't think it's your heart (not medical advice).

dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Cardiac Pain

There are a couple of options here. One, it could just be something pulled in the inner chest wall and minor work loosens it. Or, it could be something more serious.

The heart is wrapped in a muscular sack. Something pulled or damaged in this area could, I repeat COULD, cause these symptoms. However, this is not a diagnosis.

In Aug of '04, I had a massive hearet attack. I was 49 and had just finished a killer two hour workout. I felt GREAT. Then, I walked into the locker room and some gnome came around the corner and slammed me in the chest with a 5lb mallet. At least that's what it felt like. ;-)

I ended up with a Quintuple By Pass. Not my idea of fun. However, I'm now three years Post Op. I was back in the gym, on the treadmill, at 7 weeks.

Bottom line, age has nothing to do with a heart problem. You are more likely as you age, yes. The body has more time to build up the pressure/damage until it comes over the dam and you have an attack.

Get your carcass into a Doctor. It could be a minor pull or tear, or it could be the first warning sign of something more serious. That is unless you would like a really neat spiffy 10" scar down the center of your chest. At least I'm fairly furry, so it's hard to see. It's just that the fur is getting a bit white. ;-)

againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) againstall0dds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ben3133 View Post
    Can you describe the pain? Is it a stabbing, crushing, twisting etc. pain? Does the pain radiate anywhere - to your left arm, back, neck, jaw? Any shortness of breath, dizziness, light-headedness, sweating, palpitations etc.?

As you say that the pain only comes on when you stop exercising or rest, I don't think it's your heart (not medical advice).
    I don't know how to put it in words exactly. But definitely feels like cutting from within. The pain doesn't go nowhere, occurs at the same place every time. Last night when the pain was continual I was really tired and sleepy although I woke up at 2pm, thats as far as the changes I've experienced, no sweating nor palpitations etc. Seems like when I inflate my lungs, especially after moderate physical exertions, it happens. Today I feel alright however, took 3 aspirins so far from last night. I think I'll keep taking one every 4 or so hours and see what happens.

Originally Posted by dbrunner00 View Post
    There are a couple of options here. One, it could just be something pulled in the inner chest wall and minor work loosens it. Or, it could be something more serious.

The heart is wrapped in a muscular sack. Something pulled or damaged in this area could, I repeat COULD, cause these symptoms. However, this is not a diagnosis.

In Aug of '04, I had a massive hearet attack. I was 49 and had just finished a killer two hour workout. I felt GREAT. Then, I walked into the locker room and some gnome came around the corner and slammed me in the chest with a 5lb mallet. At least that's what it felt like. ;-)

I ended up with a Quintuple By Pass. Not my idea of fun. However, I'm now three years Post Op. I was back in the gym, on the treadmill, at 7 weeks.

Bottom line, age has nothing to do with a heart problem. You are more likely as you age, yes. The body has more time to build up the pressure/damage until it comes over the dam and you have an attack.

Get your carcass into a Doctor. It could be a minor pull or tear, or it could be the first warning sign of something more serious. That is unless you would like a really neat spiffy 10" scar down the center of your chest. At least I'm fairly furry, so it's hard to see. It's just that the fur is getting a bit white. ;-)
    Wow. It happened after workout-sounds like what I have right now. So what did you do? Were you able to walk/talk? You never appreciate what people go through until you're in same situation.I feel for you.

I am just 22yro, eat right, exercise, don't do drug and you'd expect me to be in best shape of my life. I am gonna keep taking aspirin and little more rest from now on. If it fails I'll go see a doctor on Weds when I am off. Thanks!
    Last edited by againstall0dds; 07-22-2007 at 12:58 PM.

dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbrunner00 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What Happened

Originally Posted by againstall0dds View Post
    Wow. It happened after workout-sounds like what I have right now. So what did you do? Were you able to walk/talk? You never appreciate what people go through until you're in same situation.I feel for you.

I am just 22yro, eat right, exercise, don't do drug and you'd expect me to be in best shape of my life. I am gonna keep taking aspirin and little more rest from now on. If it fails I'll go see a doctor on Weds when I am off. Thanks!
    I had a "Classic" Heart Attack. There was a feeling of pressure in my upper chest. I describe as someone putting a horseshoe, upside down, in center of my chest and laying a bar across it. Then starting to push, hard. I had some numbness in my arms and pain in my jaw. This was also followed by tunnel vision. It included nausea. In a few minutes, it passed, almost completely. I figured that I had better get home and contact my Doctor. On the way home, it hit again. I took a left and headed for the hospital, with my Cell Phone in my hand. I made it without incident. I never lost consciousness or became disoriented. However, I knew I was introuble and went into the mental "Survivor Mode". I'm TRIAGE Certified in HazMat. I knew what was happening and I knew I had to get medical attention, NOW.

Looking back at it, 20/20 Hindsight, I should have called the hospital at the first signs. But, I think the Testosterone and the male ego got in the way of common sense. The hospital I got to did not have a Cardiac unit, at the time. I live out a bit out. I lost about 30% of my left ventricle, due to the attack.

The good news is that today I finally reached the point that I can actually run a bit. I've been doing a LOT of walking and leg work. Today I got up and actually ran for over two minutes. And I mean I RAN. Damn, it felt good. I think that most people don't really appreciate their capabilities until they can't do something anymore.

But, next month I'm three years post op. Since the attack I've repelled into caves, gone white water rafting and several other activities that are somewhat strenuous. The attack didn't stop me, it just slowed me down. At least for now. ;-) I'm just too damned old and stubborn to lie down and quit.

Get yourself checked out. It's probably something minor like a torn muscle. But, it's worth the effort to verify it.

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A week ago, something starts squeezing in the left side of my chest. At first, the pain was brief and infrequent. It built up over the next few days until later today the discomfort persisted. When I'm doing moderate physical labor there's no pain at all. At the moment I stop or resting the squeezing/cutting sensation comes back randomly. Right this week I am taking a break from gym so I don't know how working out will affect the situation. I am taking Ecotrin right now. What should I do?

I am 22yro, 5'7, 185lbs. I've been weightlifting one year. Brought my weight up from 120. I run two times a week. My diet is solid. No drink, no smoke. Minor heart issues on mother's side.

Please help!!!
    Um. your heart normally doesn't just start hurting...most likely your having cramps in your serratus anterior or a muscle underneath the pectorals.

However, to be safe, you should definitely see a doctor,...maybe time for a physical.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Originally Posted by dbrunner00 View Post
    I had a "Classic" Heart Attack. There was a feeling of pressure in my upper chest. I describe as someone putting a horseshoe, upside down, in center of my chest and laying a bar across it. Then starting to push, hard. I had some numbness in my arms and pain in my jaw. This was also followed by tunnel vision. It included nausea. In a few minutes, it passed, almost completely. I figured that I had better get home and contact my Doctor. On the way home, it hit again. I took a left and headed for the hospital, with my Cell Phone in my hand. I made it without incident. I never lost consciousness or became disoriented. However, I knew I was introuble and went into the mental "Survivor Mode". I'm TRIAGE Certified in HazMat. I knew what was happening and I knew I had to get medical attention, NOW.

Looking back at it, 20/20 Hindsight, I should have called the hospital at the first signs. But, I think the Testosterone and the male ego got in the way of common sense. The hospital I got to did not have a Cardiac unit, at the time. I live out a bit out. I lost about 30% of my left ventricle, due to the attack.

The good news is that today I finally reached the point that I can actually run a bit. I've been doing a LOT of walking and leg work. Today I got up and actually ran for over two minutes. And I mean I RAN. Damn, it felt good. I think that most people don't really appreciate their capabilities until they can't do something anymore.

But, next month I'm three years post op. Since the attack I've repelled into caves, gone white water rafting and several other activities that are somewhat strenuous. The attack didn't stop me, it just slowed me down. At least for now. ;-) I'm just too damned old and stubborn to lie down and quit.

Get yourself checked out. It's probably something minor like a torn muscle. But, it's worth the effort to verify it.
    Glad you got out of it alright. I am feeling good today, but definitely gonna go see a doctor soon.

Registered User IronReloadDC 04's Avatar
    IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please help!!!

jesus ****ing christ dude........This isnt the ****ing place to be asking this.........I could think of a better place jesus man

Registered User IronReloadDC 04's Avatar
    IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronReloadDC 04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after reading, no disrespect to anybody qualified on here

but for the love of god, it is very unwise to not have already been in to see a doc

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do not rule out lung pathology here, it is not very likely to be your heart from what you've described. Get to a doc.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863