Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    inkslinger82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best exercise to build lower chest

I have a pretty flat chest...and want to build the whole thing up, but mostly the lower chest so it makes that little ledge. I was thinking just keep doing dips, but I am doing the Frankies NY Mass, and only doing incline BB, and dips right now. Is there anything I could change about it to focus on my chest more? Thanks for the help.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow

Flat or decline presses with a barbell or dumbbells would definitely help.

Make sure you're leaning forward and have your chin tucked into your chest on dips as well to maximize tension placed on the chest rather than triceps.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by inkslinger82
    I have a pretty flat chest...and want to build the whole thing up, but mostly the lower chest so it makes that little ledge. I was thinking just keep doing dips, but I am doing the Frankies NY Mass, and only doing incline BB, and dips right now. Is there anything I could change about it to focus on my chest more? Thanks for the help.

I like DB decline presses, some like dips though and swear by them.

Decline BB presses are good too. Try all three and see which one you like the most.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    l-f dips, decline, then just time.
    <->

5'8" - 225lbs - Bulking Big-Golden's Avatar
    Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big-Golden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Flat bench should also hit the lower chest a bunch.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always found pec deck machine works my lower pecs real well.

Broomstick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do dips, leaned abit more forward then regular dips...you gotta get the right angle to really feel your lower chest, but once you get it you'll feel it

imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) imageek is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    dips, decline bench, flat bench, decline DB.
    -Mortality-

TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    decline dumbell press and/or dips. i dont do dips cause i am too heavy for them. i can only do like 5 BW only

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You mean a lower chest like this?
    Attached Images
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1: Decline bench with either BB or Dumbells
    2: Weighted Dips
    3: Dumbell pull over
    4: Decline power flys (go heavy, 6 rep max)

TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheNextArnie87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff

Make sure you're leaning forward and have your chin tucked into your chest on dips as well to maximize tension placed on the chest rather than triceps.
    May i ask why you are meant to tuck your chin into your chest? Sorry just that i never heard this before. I always do dips leaning forward and head facing up (but level with the ground).
    "Bodybuilding is about training muscle, not lifting weights" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Stop Whining!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr_J has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dips
    Flat barbell/dumbbell bench press
    Decline flyes

A good idea may also to be to employ some sort of intensity such as pre/post-exhaust, supersets, drop-sets, descending/ascending sets etc. (Not all, but vary different methods for different workouts)

Also, make sure you FEEL the lower chest being worked.

Also, make sure you're eating enough protein/carbs/calories.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ATrainer
    You mean a lower chest like this?
    he needs to eat more
    <->

dpdancestud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I found out that wide grip bench is more effective than decline bench. Decline for me works more of deltoid and tricep muscles. Everybody is different. Cable crossovers help as well for a finisher.
    *Asian Persuasion*

Originally Posted by dpdancestud
    I found out that wide grip bench is more effective than decline bench. Decline for me works more of deltoid and tricep muscles. Everybody is different. Cable crossovers help as well for a finisher.
    it is for pecs, BUT BUT BUT the trade-off is that you're exposing yourself to serious shoulder injuries in the future.
    <->

Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50) Serynu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TrAiTioR
    decline dumbell press and/or dips. i dont do dips cause i am too heavy for them. i can only do like 5 BW only
    I love LF Dips, when I first started them I hated 'em because I could only do 3 BW LF dips now I'm doing 3 sets of 8 with 30 lbs of weight strapped to me.
    Also, it has helped my lower chest a lot more then decline bench did. Then again I never gave decline bench a real chance before I discovered LF dips.

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    he needs to eat more
    That's what I told him. At 3.9% bodyfat, he was courting disaster if he got sick. Didn't hinder his mass gains though.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rkt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    it is for pecs, BUT BUT BUT the trade-off is that you're exposing yourself to serious shoulder injuries in the future.

so you're telling me that my extra wide grip incline smith bench is the thing making my shoulders hurt like hell ?damn i knew it..
    Msg com-shuk this account was banned so i dont use it anymore

Originally Posted by rkt
    so you're telling me that my extra wide grip incline smith bench is the thing making my shoulders hurt like hell ?damn i knew it..
    yes.

That's what I told him. At 3.9% bodyfat, he was courting disaster if he got sick. Didn't hinder his mass gains though.

he's not 3.9% bf. maybe 6-7 realistically.
    <->

Originally Posted by $AJ
    he's not 3.9% bf. maybe 6-7 realistically.
    Tested him myself. Paper thin skin too. Did both skinfold and Bio-electric.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Weighted dips.

If you do any flyes don't go too heavy on them like others suggested, you could hurt your shoulder that way.

inkslinger82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is what I did today and it felt like I hit my chest pretty hard. Since I am using the NY Mass program, I tried to keep it pretty close. Here was my day
    Incline BB Press 5x5
    Flat DB Press 5x5
    Shoulder press 2x8
    Dips (found the right angle) 5x5

I am thinking about taking shoulder press out completely because after the Incline and flat presses, they are pretty fried. Do you guys think taking out the shoulder press is a good idea? My shoulders seem to react to a medium weight with 8-10 reps by the way. I do not have 3.9% bodyfat...not that I know of anyway... I havent done one in a while....last time a year ago it was 7.9% but I think it may be up to 9 or so now cuz I put on a lot of weight.

Tested him myself. Paper thin skin too. Did both skinfold and Bio-electric.
    oh come-on now, we only know the only true way to test bf % is a muscle biopsy
    <->

Godfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff View Post

Hey man I currently have no access to a gym casue I am going to the University of Guyana for furthering my studies. My lower chest really looks awkward its looks a little puffy so can you please reccomend a exercise for me which doesnt involve weight lifting.

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just eat and do bench press and you'll get what you want. Flat, incline and decline. Hit your chest from all angles to even it out. Bench, works your entire chest. It'll all grow in time.

Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Complex89 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Man... This old *** thread. I didn't even realize it....

Originally Posted by Godfreak View Post
    Hey man I currently have no access to a gym casue I am going to the University of Guyana for furthering my studies. My lower chest really looks awkward its looks a little puffy so can you please reccomend a exercise for me which doesnt involve weight lifting.
    Push ups... Won't get rid of much fat, though.

flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000) flexwheeler123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TrAiTioR View Post
    You can't be too heavy, just too weak :P Edit do WEIGHTED dips

wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wessejason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bb bench decline, plus dipsnare often overlooked when hands positioned correctly its great for all over chest developement