dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Question about fat loss and lifting weights

I'm currently looking for a program that i can stick w/ for a month. I keep seeing this "fat loss" workouts and then these "Put on some mass!" workouts. I know i want to put on some mass, but my main goal is to lose fat. Should i look into those mass workouts regarldess of what my goal is? just as long as i can get the right cals and still do cardio?
    I've noticed that most mass workouts have deadlift, squat, bench WHICH I LOVE. thanks

Edit: i was interested in this program http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

it's a bulking program, and im on a cut, so thats the problem right there
    Last edited by dcarrera; 07-21-2007 at 02:49 PM.
    I did it for teh lulz

Cheif Executive Hustler Dipset007's Avatar
    Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Dipset007 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    my goal is to lose fat too.

imo riptoes + 20 min moderate cardio works best
    (diet + recovery is the most important tho)

other than that if cardio is boring, u can work on the bag
    Toronto YO

m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    imo, your routine shouldn't really change whether you're bulking or cutting, just tweaking your diet and caloric intake. Pick whether you want to lose weight or gain muscle though, because they kind of counteract eachother (to lose fat you need a caloric deficit; to gain muscle you need a caloric surplus). I do think that all beginners should bulk though, because what's the point of cutting down to look like a starving Ethiopian baby? You'd be surprised what your current level of fat would look like with an additional 10-15lbs of muscle, not nearly as noticable
    Workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=265614091#post265614091

dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) dcarrera is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by sam32465 View Post
    imo, your routine shouldn't really change whether you're bulking or cutting, just tweaking your diet and caloric intake. Pick whether you want to lose weight or gain muscle though, because they kind of counteract eachother (to lose fat you need a caloric deficit; to gain muscle you need a caloric surplus). I do think that all beginners should bulk though, because what's the point of cutting down to look like a starving Ethiopian baby? You'd be surprised what your current level of fat would look like with an additional 10-15lbs of muscle, not nearly as noticable
    Well i'm not necessarily trying to cut, i'm just trying to transform my body. Once i start seeing abs, i will bulk up. My question was basically if i should do bulking workouts if i'm also doing HIIT and if im not intaking that many cals (2,200)
    I did it for teh lulz

m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500) m3ds is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dcarrera View Post
    Well i'm not necessarily trying to cut, i'm just trying to transform my body. Once i start seeing abs, i will bulk up. My question was basically if i should do bulking workouts if i'm also doing HIIT and if im not intaking that many cals (2,200)
    Originally Posted by sam32465 View Post
    Workout doesn't matter... and abs are all about diet, counterproductive trying to gain muscle and see abs at the same time. Do some reading bro, you've got a lot to learn about the way the body works.
    Workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=265614091#post265614091

Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Govithoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you really want to look "fit" and at least in shape is how you seem to want it ("abs"), you could cut to say, 12% and then start bulking. 12% isn't ripped, per se, but it's better than the average gym rat when you get some muscle on after that.

EDIT: If you get a really clean diet in check and do a clean bulk, you could lower your BF% by just gaining more muscle mass without gaining fat. You could have XXlbs of fat on your body, then gain, say, 10lbs of muscle, and you're 10lbs heavier but with no additional fat = lower BF%.
    Last edited by Govithoy; 07-21-2007 at 04:29 PM.