romeo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

almost 4 days on low carb diet,feeling no "usual" affects..

I started the low carb diet on fri.I have got atleast 165-210 grams of fat a day since then,with protein varying quite a bit(but lower than It should be I am sure).If my calculations is right,I take in about 15-20 grams of carbs tops a day.

Anyway,I have not felt lightheaded,a lack of energy or any affect from lack of carbs.My bathroom breaks( #2) isnt any worst,but I do get quite a bit from nuts and a fiber supplement.

I am just wondering if everyone gets a lack of energy during the "shift"?does everyone feel light headed?

I have heard of ketostix,maybe I will give these a try.So have any of you guys felt no ill affects from the low carb diet? Is it too early to tell(I know my carb stores could still be filled up).

Thanks in advance.

romeo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also,for the record,I do not work out yet,but plan to join a gym within a week or 2.It was my beleive that I would feel horrible on this diet at first(like most people do,from my understanding) and did not want start working out while in this condition.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I feel fine. I feel groggy after I eat a high gi carb meal however.

No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50) No0b will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

I think it depends on how bad your diet was before starting keto or how bad of a carb up you do. Like if you eat a lot of sugar, then you'll most likely feel like **** when starting Keto again. And if you're going to have any ill effects from low carb/keto it would be within the first couple of days.

rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    have you joined the gym and started working out yet? have you gotten that groggy feeling yet? when i first started and was in ketosis the first time, i would work all day feeling fine, but once i got home i was done, all i wanted to do was sleep. well hope this diet works out for you.
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

JeremyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Am I the only one who expereinced and INCREASE in energy over my previous diet when starting keto? I feel worse usually when I carb up.

Although, pretty much any time I'm hypocaloric, I will get lightheaded. It usually only happens when standing up quickly after leaning down or working from my knees. I wouldnt say its related to keto at all.

jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    are your cals too low? lightheadedness isnt good, unless you are doing heavy squats that is
    M.S. Sport Management (in progress)
    B.S. Kinesiology
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jonpaul.htm

rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JeremyD-

Off topic, but I see you signature...nice work. Do you have any pics?

chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chimponarope is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JeremyD
    Am I the only one who expereinced and INCREASE in energy over my previous diet when starting keto? I feel worse usually when I carb up.
    Nope me too, although that could be all the thermo's

I am another one, both times when I started ckd, i got foggy for a day or 2 but once that is gone i am golden, the first time for over a year with no problems and now 3 months of the same. I wouldn't say more energy, but definately on par with how it was before but i generally feel better and healthier, and that is good.

JeremyD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rjd221
    JeremyD-

Off topic, but I see you signature...nice work. Do you have any pics?

Unfartunately, I never took any before picture. I never thought I would loose so much so quickly. I WAS doing good....but I've stopped loosing for the past month. I'm workin on it though.

keep it going. i was down 30, put it back on with a knee injury, and now 10 down and hoping to get to my goal of 40.

BD231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BD231 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How tall are you JD?

Are you loosing (or did you loose) much muscle while dieting down?

Congrats on the loss, 180 happens to be a point I can never quite get under and I'm 6 feet even with a pretty big build. I look like a ph*cking rail at 180 for some reason.
    Last edited by BD231; 01-07-2005 at 08:36 AM.
    "Count the shells suck'a'duck!!!!"