matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question about Cooking, i dont want to make any transfats or something bad

I read on here before that if u cook something in a certain fat say like flax seed oil it can turn it into a transfat and that would make it really bad for you

Is there any downside to sauteing my chicken in Fat Free Italian Dressing?
    Will it change the make of the Dressing? maybe get rid of sodium in the dressing or do anything bad to the chicken?

I might be a stupid question but im just curious, thanks
    living life

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by matth87 View Post
    I read on here before that if u cook something in a certain fat say like flax seed oil it can turn it into a transfat and that would make it really bad for you

Will it change the make of the Dressing? maybe get rid of sodium in the dressing or do anything bad to the chicken?

Sunflower Oil is a good fat. Try that. Doesn't sound like a good cook book to me I don't think things can convert but then again I'm not an expert.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by matth87 View Post

You won't make any transfats matt. Sauteing is done with a fat, not a dressing. Marinate your chicken in the Italian dressing for a few hours, pat dry and then saute in the olive oil, or saute the chicken first then drizzle some Italian dressing over. About the flax oil, never use that for cooking, and actually never use any poly oils whatsoever for frying. Use a mono fat like oilve or avacado oil or use a saturated fat of some kind.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unsaturated fats have electron-rich double bonds between one or more carbon atoms. These double bonds are more reactive, especially at high temperatures. This is what causes healthy oils to be converted into their unhealthy counter parts.

I suggest you stir fry stuff in regular cooking oils or saturated fats, not flaxseed oil.
    You cannot make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position you can make a crowd of men.
    -Max Beerbohm

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation Transfats can b formed at high temperature . . .

The biggest transfat danger is from using partly-hydrogenated oils or shortening. But even w/ non-hydrogenated cooking oil, if u get ur oil too hot so it smokes, u might create a little transfat just from the high temperature.

That's more of an issue where the oil keeps getting reused & is held at high temperature constantly, such as in the deep fat fryers in fast food restaurants.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.