jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not feeling my lats the day after

Normally the day after a workout i feel my muscles ache a little bit, like my chest or biceps...but iv never felt my lats be sore. Does any1 else find this?

TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no all mu muscles ache but my biceps

stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stuart109 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No i don't usually feel it in my lats either. I do if have taken a break for a while. Jus keep doing the pullups and increasing the weight

tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try working them in a diffent order.like if you work your bis first work your back first.
    Why does **** have HIT in it?
    FINALLY LIFTING AGAIN!!!PROPERLY!!!LETS ADD SOME BEEF!!

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If your lats are growing , who cares if you are feeling it or not , if you want lat soreness do 4 second negatives on weighted pullups / chins and rows
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

dpdancestud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have some big lats. Some Bruce Lee **** lol. Probably because im Asian. HAHA. I always feel my lats after I work out. I have a naturally strong back and go heavy. Im 5'7 solid 140.

I do
    Lat pull downs with a grip width a little wider than shoulder width

Underhand pull downs shoulder width grip

Vbar pull downs

Pullups

I do three sets for each exercise, rep range from 6-8

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    don't worry about feeling. if you're growing slowly/getting stronger, you're doing it right. if you arn't, well then you arn't doing it right.
    <->

EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) EGun247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to have the same problem, I found that doing pullups/pulldowns with your elbows flared out really helps target the lats
    Remember: Go wide to get wide. Chins are good for the lower lats becuase they let you go with a good, full range of motion, but for instant width, go for wide grip. I do pullups till failure, I'm kinda weak so after the 2nd set or so I do assisted. But I'm progressing and I'll soon be able to do them unassisted.

Remember: pullups, wide grip, elbows flared out. Not behind your head though, that'll give you problems with your RC. Squeeze your shoulder blades at the top of the movement.

Is this lats, or middle back? I remeber to hit my lats hard, and then do rows for thickness. My back feels good and sore the next day.

Try a pullover machine as well.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by EGun247
    I used to have the same problem, I found that doing pullups/pulldowns with your elbows flared out really helps target the lats
    Remember: Go wide to get wide. Chins are good for the lower lats becuase they let you go with a good, full range of motion, but for instant width, go for wide grip. I do pullups till failure, I'm kinda weak so after the 2nd set or so I do assisted. But I'm progressing and I'll soon be able to do them unassisted.

Remember: pullups, wide grip, elbows flared out. Not behind your head though, that'll give you problems with your RC. Squeeze your shoulder blades at the top of the movement.

Is this lats, or middle back? I remeber to hit my lats hard, and then do rows for thickness. My back feels good and sore the next day.

Try a pullover machine as well.
    that's just a myth - wider != wider lats. wider = less rom, leverage, more chance of r/c injury.
    <->

DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DecemberDays86 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i made the exact same thread about this like 2 weeks ago. at the end of the contraction, squeeze your shoulder blades together like you're trying to hold a pencil between them. now dont say "yeah they go together because im pulling back"... u need to conciously squeeze as hard as u can to get the best contraction. hows that, $AJ?
    1/01/2005 185 lbs 22.5%
    1/29/2005 181 lbs 20.5%
    6/26/2005 153 lbs 14.7% crap
    2/23/2008 ~202 lbs ~21% (crap again!)

Ez_Motion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ez_Motion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ez_Motion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ez_Motion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ez_Motion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    that's just a myth - wider != wider lats. wider = less rom, leverage, more chance of r/c injury.
    Really? How wide should my grip be? When i do them i go wide as the door frame(palms out)... Palms facing i go shoulder width.

Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000) Kovalchuk is a name known to all. (+5000)

Red face hmmm...

Of all muscles my lats experience the most soreness...

When i wake up the day after a back workout they are so tender and beaten up its a good ol' feeling. I concentrate on getting the most stretch posssible when doing lat-pulldowns, rows and/or chins etc. Also to finish off my back workout i just hang from a chin bar for as long as possible. But i guess everyones different, some groups of muscles dont get sore for me either dependes on the person.

Originally Posted by Ez_Motion
    Really? How wide should my grip be? When i do them i go wide as the door frame(palms out)... Palms facing i go shoulder width.
    shoulder width or a few inchs past is fine.
    <->

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by $AJ
    shoulder width or a few inchs past is fine.
    Always shoulder width IMO

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's amazing, but when I train my lats, I feel my lats get torqued. I feel them squeeze all the way down my back to the origins on my spine. And when I'm done, it feels like an electrical charge is buzzing through them for quite a while. That's very satisfying. The growth is even better.

And when someone tries my exercise for the first time, they say they've never felt that in their lats before. That's because most "lat" exercises are really biceps exercises, and poor lat exercises.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ATrainer
    It's amazing, but when I train my lats, I feel my lats get torqued. I feel them squeeze all the way down my back to the origins on my spine. And when I'm done, it feels like an electrical charge is buzzing through them for quite a while. That's very satisfying. The growth is even better.

And when someone tries my exercise for the first time, they say they've never felt that in their lats before. That's because most "lat" exercises are really biceps exercises, and poor lat exercises.
    He's right. His lat exercise has blown my and my training partner's lats up, I've personally encountered more growth of them than with any other exercise. while im on the subject ATrainer, is it imperative to remain vertical whilst performing this or is a slight angle ok?
    Last edited by GGHT; 12-15-2004 at 09:24 PM.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    Wide grip IS less range of motion. So? You are a MAJOR proponent of "rack pulls" or PARTIAL deadlift, and of partial rom dips etc. So, do you like partial rom or not?

The wide grip: a. pulls the scapula out b. makes the UPPER fibers of the lats/teres pull in a straighter line. The lats are a fan shaped muscle like the pectorals.
    c. removes the leverage of the humerus flexors, forcing the lats to do more work.

That is why guys like Dorian Yates, Lee Haney and Ronnie Coleman, while using rows and narrow grip pulldowns/chins to work the lat BELLY (thickness) have ALL acknowledged that they LOSE width when they have stopped doing wide grip back exercises in the past, and have come back to them.

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Smile

Originally Posted by GGHT
    He's right. His lat exercise has blown my and my training partner's lats up, I've personally encountered more growth of them than with any other exercise. while im on the subject ATrainer, is it imperative to remain vertical whilst performing this or is a slight angle ok?
    Good ol' ATrainer.

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Yeh where is he?