Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

National Guard, Army or Marines. which is better?

For people who have been in military please help answer these questions.

I want to join the military because my friend is also joining, well he is just joining because he wants to be a police officer [he does not want to go to collage], I want join so that I serve my country.

So my questions are which is better National Guard, Army or Marines?

Also what is the difference between these three?
    Which is safer and which pays more. I plan to be active and I want to sent the money to my parents to help them out.

I am going to apply for training in 2005 for one of these.

2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I spent 4yrs with 1st Battalion, Seventh Marines, Charlie Co. I was a groundpounder in the infantry, and carried a SMAW. So with that being said, I am probably biased, but I will tell it like I see it. All special forces aside, I feel that the Marine Corps is the toughest by far. I did numerous combined force exercises with the Army and everytime it was a masacre. If you decide to go this route, make sure you know what you want to do and get it in writing, before singing anything. As far as being safe, the Marines are always in harms way yet they are prepared for it as well, with some of the best training in the world.

As far as the other branches, I cannot say much about them. I do feel that if you want to be safe, you should not join the national guard. I feel that they are undertrained and underequiped and underskilled and when put into combat...well you know.

As far as your friend wanting to do it to join the police after, great, but he should not go Military Police while serving. When I got out I talked to alot of law enforcment agencies and they will take MP's normally last. This is due to the knoledge that MP's must learn and maintain, is very diffrent from the civilian world and retraining is tough.

Keep in mind this all is just my .02, maybe some of the other branches could sound off.

C. Gillespie

redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) redneckbandit2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Talking

Marines!!!!!

nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nitr0x2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    coast guard for sure

c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2THICK
    I spent 4yrs with 1st Battalion, Seventh Marines, Charlie Co. I was a groundpounder in the infantry, and carried a SMAW. So with that being said, I am probably biased, but I will tell it like I see it. All special forces aside, I feel that the Marine Corps is the toughest by far. I did numerous combined force exercises with the Army and everytime it was a masacre. If you decide to go this route, make sure you know what you want to do and get it in writing, before singing anything. As far as being safe, the Marines are always in harms way yet they are prepared for it as well, with some of the best training in the world.

As far as the other branches, I cannot say much about them. I do feel that if you want to be safe, you should not join the national guard. I feel that they are undertrained and underequiped and underskilled and when put into combat...well you know.

As far as your friend wanting to do it to join the police after, great, but he should not go Military Police while serving. When I got out I talked to alot of law enforcment agencies and they will take MP's normally last. This is due to the knoledge that MP's must learn and maintain, is very diffrent from the civilian world and retraining is tough.

Keep in mind this all is just my .02, maybe some of the other branches could sound off.

C. Gillespie

I still don't know
    my friend wants to join something but he wants to join same as me, after military he is planning to join the police academy

But do you know why they take MP's last?
    Is it easier for MP's to get on a S.W.A.T?

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TuZaN c0vJeK

I want to join the military because my friend is also joining, well he is just joining because he wants to be a police officer [he does not want to go to collage], I want join so that I serve my country.

Which is safer and which pays more. I plan to be active and I want to sent the money to my parents to help them out.

Depends on what your motives are as to which is 'the best'. From what you have said, I'd have to say go with the National Guard. I say this b/c if you go regular Army you're stuck in that job/lifestyle for X amount of years. At least if you go guard, it's only one weekend a month and two weeks AT. And you'll probably get sent to Iraq or Afghanistan for a year with whichever one you choose. Only advantage of the guard is after your tour, you go back to the 1 weekend a month deal but with the others your still stuck on active duty which you may or may not end up liking.

Marines, only go Marines if you are the type that knows you want to be a Marine 100% and don't care about anything else except being a Marine. I can tell you are not that type already b/c if you were you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

Pay for all 3 while activated is based on rank so it will basically be the same for all depending on your rank and MOS (some jobs kick in a little extra for certain skills etc). There are pay scales on military.com for each rank's base pay. There is also information about different incentive pays etc but you probably won't understand them right now.

Another thing good about the guard is when you get activated and sent overseas you will get the BAH of wherever you live as long as you pay rent (if you don't really pay rent or have a rental agreement/mortgage and live with your parents you can just have a notorized letter stating that you pay X amount of dollars/month to them). This is basically free money usually used to cover people who have to maintain a home while they are away i.e. if I own a house I still need money to cover expenses etc. This is a huge advantage for the guard b/c it adds up to tens of thousands of dollars over a deployment. If you're active army or marines, you already live on post so you won't get any of this unless you're married and live off post.

As far as being safer. Depends more on your MOS than anything. I don't think the Marines let you choose your MOS but I may be wrong on that one. Army and Guard do. However, there's going to be a certain amount of danger in whatever you do if you get shipped overseas. Of course infantry is obviously going to be more dangerous than most.

Underage Thinking user4165146510's Avatar
    user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) user4165146510 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Join the National guard. Don't show up. And you could be PRESIDENT some day!
    "I find this thread allows me to be a more positive person" - TheDukeUSMC -- commenting on the sexy gif thread.

2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2THICK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tiger20
    LMAO

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by tiger20
    Depends on who your father is. lol

Originally Posted by sculli
    Depends on what your motives are as to which is 'the best'. From what you have said, I'd have to say go with the National Guard. I say this b/c if you go regular Army you're stuck in that job/lifestyle for X amount of years. At least if you go guard, it's only one weekend a month and two weeks AT. And you'll probably get sent to Iraq or Afghanistan for a year with whichever one you choose. Only advantage of the guard is after your tour, you go back to the 1 weekend a month deal but with the others your still stuck on active duty which you may or may not end up liking.

Marines, only go Marines if you are the type that knows you want to be a Marine 100% and don't care about anything else except being a Marine. I can tell you are not that type already b/c if you were you wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

Pay for all 3 while activated is based on rank so it will basically be the same for all depending on your rank and MOS (some jobs kick in a little extra for certain skills etc). There are pay scales on military.com for each rank's base pay. There is also information about different incentive pays etc but you probably won't understand them right now.

Another thing good about the guard is when you get activated and sent overseas you will get the BAH of wherever you live as long as you pay rent (if you don't really pay rent or have a rental agreement/mortgage and live with your parents you can just have a notorized letter stating that you pay X amount of dollars/month to them). This is basically free money usually used to cover people who have to maintain a home while they are away i.e. if I own a house I still need money to cover expenses etc. This is a huge advantage for the guard b/c it adds up to tens of thousands of dollars over a deployment. If you're active army or marines, you already live on post so you won't get any of this unless you're married and live off post.

As far as being safer. Depends more on your MOS than anything. I don't think the Marines let you choose your MOS but I may be wrong on that one. Army and Guard do. However, there's going to be a certain amount of danger in whatever you do if you get shipped overseas. Of course infantry is obviously going to be more dangerous than most.
    Thx I wanna join something for 2-3 years but i also want to have alot of time when I can just come home to see my parents, cusins, friends.
    Would National Guard count as military service? like for police you need 2 years of military if you don't want collage, so would that count?

I still don't know
    my friend wants to join something but he wants to join same as me, after military he is planning to join the police academy

But do you know why they take MP's last?
    Is it easier for MP's to get on a S.W.A.T?
    They normally want MP's last due to all the retraining that is required to go from Military law to civilian law. Ex...Audaltery is illegal in the Marine Corps and can land you in the brig...civilian life, oh well...The laws are very diffrent.

As far as the SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics), I am assuming they would want someone with more of there type of training, ex..Urban terrain warfare, use of diffrent types of concusions, explosives and improvised munitions.....The MP's dont do much if any of this, Infantry are the ones who learn all the good stuff.

Thx I wanna join something for 2-3 years but i also want to have alot of time when I can just come home to see my parents, cusins, friends.
    Would National Guard count as military service? like for police you need 2 years of military if you don't want collage, so would that count?
    Yes it counts as military service. I believe they giver preference for 'veterans' which you can still get in the guard if you get sent on active duty.

Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000) Tech_Zilla is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation

Joining the military while living under The Bush Dictatorship is like digging your own grave

he'll prolly have you fighting penguins in Antarctica because they have ties to terrorists

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)

Police Officer coast guard or air force
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tech_Zilla
    Joining the military while living under The Bush Dictatorship is like digging your own grave

he'll prolly have you fighting penguins in Antarctica because they have ties to terrorists
    But he will pay you right and raise your bah
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

Originally Posted by Deadgame
    Police Officer coast guard or air force
    for coast guard I am not going to join because I get sea sick and i hate boats lol

Air Force needs to much education

police officer needs collage or 2 year military service to join [my friend is going for this]

Originally Posted by Deadgame
    But he will pay you right and raise your bah
    3.5% raise next year not sure about the BAH rates though.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't go because your friends are doing it because there is a real good chance that you could be in different companies, different assignments (station assignment or deployment assignment) and never see each other anyway.

Don't go to the marines because like someone else said "if you don't know 100% that you want to be a marine.... then you don't want to be one" All marines are die hard marines and they want to be a marine and nothing else is an option

National Guard- Goes through Army training although retains less because its only 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a year. Does the crap work for the bigger branches. I wouldn't do this only because there are less people to switch in and out of war so you may be there longer with less training.

Army- I like this branch but are kinda in the marines shadows. Easy to get hidden in a crowd with these guys. My friend likes there training.

NAVY and AIR FORCE- If you want a cake walk with good money. Go here. Plus if your in the Navy you are 100 miles away from any fighting.

SgtMcNary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SgtMcNary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SgtMcNary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sculli
    This is very well put... If you are looking for a cakewalk dont join the Corps. In the Marine Corps you are given less and expected to do more with it. Here is one of my favorite quotes about the Corps.

"We promise you sleep deprivation, Mental torment, and muscles so sore you'll puke... But we dont want to sugar coat it"

firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firedawg120982 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    air force

Originally Posted by cardioking
    Don't go because your friends are doing it because there is a real good chance that you could be in different companies, different assignments (station assignment or deployment assignment) and never see each other anyway.

I am also doing it for myself I need disaplean and because its fun.
    I checkout National Guard websites so far and it looks awsome.

For Marines thing if I am not 100% sure then not to join. I am 16 and I am looking for something right now,I wanna make the right decision thats going to be easy and right for me. I still am not really sure what i wanna do after military.

The only reason why I even asked which is safer or pay more is so that my parents don't have to worry about me alot and so that i can give them money and help them.

I need more info because recuiters and the websites lie to get you to join, so i need people who have expiriance with military to tell me about those 3 services and to help me decide

Exotic Game Hunter NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Recism is ignorance, recists are uneducated"

...first you gotta learn how to spell racism, and racists...
    This account was created for the purpose of roleplaying and satire. All posts, messages, images, or other media produced by this Bodybuilding.com profile, including stories, names, references to characters and incidents, and views expressed, are fictitious and intended as parody. No identification or association with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or products is intended or should be inferred.

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Air Force for sure. And make sure you specialize in office work too!

Epik9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is the air force really that difficult to get into and what about the physical training and stuff like that?

Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000) Ruthless4Life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Epik9
    Is the air force really that difficult to get into and what about the physical training and stuff like that?
    No. That's why I recommend it. You don't do have to do jack ****. Well, maybe you have to make your own bed.

tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SgtMcNary
    "We promise you sleep deprivation, Mental torment, and muscles so sore you'll puke... But we dont want to sugar coat it"

BRING IT ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!

p.s. leaving for the corps in May

if you want to go to boot camp and be station w/ your friend afterwards, there is a program that allows you to do so.

the National Guard type thing, once a month/two wks a year is just like being in the reserves and Army and Marines have them

You said you want to serve your country...how do you go about doing that? You have to have some idea of what you want to commit yourself to doing for the next X number of years. If you just want the "pride of serving" just go in a sign and open contract...*note* doing this confirms that you are an idiot

You, my friend, need to sit down and think long and hard about this. This is war time, and when/if you do go through processing there WILL be a statement on the form that says "I do understand that I can and will be deployed into dangerous territory" REGARDLESS of your mos. There is no "good time" to join the services, like with 9/11, war can break out anytime..anywhere.

I do know that in the Marines, you will eat, sleep, drink, and s*** dicipline...right after they beat it into you for 13 weeks. Its just a matter of how prepared you are for the challanges...just gotta have that "I can overcome" attitude

Army offers the most money for education

National Guard are for those who just want something part-time and a chance to stay near their home

Differences to the best of my knowledge:

Marines are usually the first to fight. History and the military says their purpose is to take/strike enemy territory along the coastline. But now, they are use for small battles..offensive assults, raids, they defend U.S. Embassy's all over the world..along w/ the U.N. Embassy. They go in fast and hard and let the army takeover. they are the smallest branch, and you'll notice that brotherhood type thing when you are in processing w/ other future Marines. They have positions for land, air, and sea combat. Remember every Marine a rifleman

Army wins wars...nuff said. They are deployed the longest...fight the longest..move slowly..ect. They only deal w/ land combat. Biggest and oldest branch.

National Guard, they are the milita. They assist w/ things such as disasters (like floods, major storms), they can be called to assist police when there is more help needed. Presidents have called them to assist when the civil rights thing was happening. They are more trained for domestic problems but are also sent to war and conflicts when needed.
    R.I.P. Steve, thanks for the memories

4-16-07

"It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not"

tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tank03 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the air-force is currently over-manned. If you sign up, you'll be placed in DEP for nearly a year just waiting for your job to open up.

and no, they don't do jack ****...I talked to a guy that was in the air-force and he said "we are hardly condsidered military....how many people from airforce are in Iraq that you have heard on the news...ok then *smiles*"
    Last edited by tank03; 12-14-2004 at 04:48 PM.

4-16-07

Epik9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So if I were to sign up and enlist I wouldnt be stationed anywhere at all and just wait????

So if I were to sign up and enlist I wouldnt be stationed anywhere at all and just wait????
    correction if you enlist you will be given a date to go to bootcamp the time between that and bootcamp is called DEP..delayed entry program. Sometimes you can leave right after going to MEPS but if you are given a future date for your job to open up then you'll be put in the delay entry program. You can stay in there for one year. You can also opt to go into DEP if you got some debts you want to pay, finish school, ect. While in DEP you keep in contact w/ your recruiter weekly and attend a monthly "poole meeting" where you do exercises and learn more about the branch.

Also you have the opportunity to earn a promotion by gather phone numbers of people who want to join your branch. If you get X number of people to enlist you get your promotion. You will also get a promotion if you attended college

oh yeah, you can get disqualified by doing stupid stuff like going to jail, getting too many tickets, ect. So you got to act like your already in the service.
    Last edited by tank03; 12-14-2004 at 05:11 PM.

4-16-07

Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000) Bakira is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tank03
    the air-force is currently over-manned. If you sign up, you'll be placed in DEP for nearly a year just waiting for your job to open up.

and no, they don't do jack ****...I talked to a guy that was in the air-force and he said "we are hardly condsidered military....how many people from airforce are in Iraq that you have heard on the news...ok then *smiles*"
    You mean after basic training, you could be sent home for almost a year before they call you in to serve? Hope I understood you correctly.

I was thinking of joining the Air Force and I was possibly wanting to make a career out of it. Don't want to be put on hold for a year after basic training just so I can be in the Air Force.

Edit: Nevermind. Just read your above post.
    Last edited by Bakira; 12-14-2004 at 05:17 PM.
    Support the Fair Tax:
    www.fairtax.org

Thy next foe is...

"Flip the jab, FLIP THE JAB!! I didn't hear no bell." Mickey from Rocky