tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)

are DL's enough to stop doing shrugs?

^ see title. opinions?
    i represent angry, gun-toting, meat-eating ****ing people!

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would still do shrugs , heavy full R.O.M ones !
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by A-rod
    that's exactly what i do (obviously on different days, though.) i'm making gains on my DL, but my shrugs are going nowhere. i do them heavy and with a full ROM...if i try to squeek out an extra rep or bump up weight, my ROM decreases though - i guess i hit the wall with shrugs. about 2-3 months ago, i even tried less weight and high reps on shrugs for a while...didnt really do too much for me.

hova has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

well...

When I started doing deadlifts, I stopped shrugging! I found that my forearms were toast after an intense back workout, and shrugs were not a priority, since they get a good workout from deadlifting.

However, the other day I had a great back workout. Started off with chins, then went to deadlifts, then bb rows, then lat pull downs. Then afterwards I started to shrug! It was a great feeling, let me tell you. Today my traps are sore and I can feel they got a superb workout.

My opinion, mix it up. Shrug here and there. Find what works best for you and go with it.
    - Jay "Hova" Metcalfe

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damned A-rod, I'm starting to really like you.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a couple sets of shrugs after deadlifts never hurt anybody =)

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hova
    When I started doing deadlifts, I stopped shrugging! I found that my forearms were toast after an intense back workout, and shrugs were not a priority, since they get a good workout from deadlifting.

However, the other day I had a great back workout. Started off with chins, then went to deadlifts, then bb rows, then lat pull downs. Then afterwards I started to shrug! It was a great feeling, let me tell you. Today my traps are sore and I can feel they got a superb workout.

My opinion, mix it up. Shrug here and there. Find what works best for you and go with it.
    LOL. I like the way you said that. I'm picturing this guy who starts shrugging against his will (maybe to music) and can't stop.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    LOL. I like the way you said that. I'm picturing this guy who starts shrugging against his will (maybe to music) and can't stop.

uve never heard of the shrug dance? its wacky sir

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    shrugs are cool but personally, I get some sick trap feelings from hang/power cleans.

I have a hard time doing shrugs personally because they hurt my neck really bad (for some reason when I shrug it pinches a nerve in my neck)

But, when I do do shrugs I like em just takes some focusing to hit traps for me personally. I used to do shrugs after deadlifting though, helped my deadlift a bit I think and in all reality a shrug here and there never hurt anybody

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I still do shrugs.

Deadlifts definitely do work the traps though.

ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ed073 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff
    I still do shrugs.

Deadlifts definitely do work the traps though.
    bumporama

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea, i stopped doing up right rows, for traps i still do deads, upright row(dont start argument), and high pulls

there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do shrugs but I don't really have a set exercise that I do for traps. I do whatever comes to mind. Sometimes I switch to smith shrugs or BB ones.

DL's, BB rows, SLDL's and deltoid work are all good for trap development tho.

One good reason to shrug is that if you do it from the beginning you can get up to using crazy weight. A lot of people do more than 500 pounds for shrugs.

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think your question answers itself, everybody is different, if it works for you, then go ahead by all means stop shrugs, but for most people DL are not enough.

bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by F W Nietszche
    I think your question answers itself, everybody is different, if it works for you, then go ahead by all means stop shrugs, but for most people DL are not enough.

dont listen to this guy, brad is always right

actually. hes right

JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JnJ23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dl's/rackpulls are enough for me...
    Train
    Eat
    Sleep

DC style

"If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got".

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Damned A-rod, I'm starting to really like you.
    Me too , let`s do the E-hug
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

thanks for all the posts, guys i noticed a lot of you guys say to keep shrugs after i do some DL's, but the thing is, i do them on different days. DL's are on back day and i throw the shrugs in on shoulder day. you still think it's worth keeping them?

Originally Posted by tbomb
    thanks for all the posts, guys i noticed a lot of you guys say to keep shrugs after i do some DL's, but the thing is, i do them on different days. DL's are on back day and i throw the shrugs in on shoulder day. you still think it's worth keeping them?

Oh , absolutely -> keep the shrugs in there
    5'11 @ 220lbs.

Oh , absolutely -> keep the shrugs in there
    word

capnseamonkey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    keep the shrugs with the deads.
    mod @ www.fortifiediron.com

i'm a rock carrying,stone lifting.keg throwing,log pressing sonofabitch strongman...grr