Thread: First Time

Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000)

First Time

Ok. I know it's a lot late but I've been traveling alot this spring. I'm at home for a couple of months and need to cut. I'm looking to drop I'd guess around eight pounds of fat. I've been a little lax on the weight training over the last 5 weeks. I'm not sure how to get going. Should I kick in the cardio first or get back to the weights. Should I start to diet before I kick in the cardio or just go hog wild. I've never had to lose weight before so I'm not sure how my body will react. Any body got any advise for a first cut this late in the season.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Can't say I've ever had to lose weight, but I like the "hog wild" idea. If you're going to cut anyway, why not watch your diet, throw some cardio in and lift weight for cutting.

If you were after mass then it would be a different story. I'm sure others with more experience will add there suggestions. Going hog wild just sounds like more fun

Good luck.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000) Macattack is just really nice. (+1000)
    ALL OF IT, get your diet straightened out, figure out what a good weight routine would be, and do your EOD cardio or whatever you think you can maintain just dont go out and kill yourself and get all sore and discouraged start slowly and peak to intensity, JMO
    Work in progress...

"Insane in the membrane, got no brains gone insane"

" Its all the petroleum products, thats why i make no sense"

"Cry now, smile later:)

TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000) TwoWalks is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Macattack
    ALL OF IT, get your diet straightened out, figure out what a good weight routine would be, and do your EOD cardio or whatever you think you can maintain just dont go out and kill yourself and get all sore and discouraged start slowly and peak to intensity, JMO
    I concure with Mac: weight train - cardio - diet all together.

Drop calories 250 for a couple of weeks and see how the fat loss is going. If it is too slow drop another 250 for two weeks and again check. If needed to reach your goal you could drop another 250. You want to lose the fat slowly to minimize lean mass loss.
    Question is: are you really going to mind if you hit your goals without puking 3 times a week?
    by Daniel Roberts

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by TwoWalks
    You want to lose the fat slowly to minimize lean mass loss.
    Brings to mind that you may want to consider using Glutamine. Some say it does nothing, others swear by it for minimizing muscle loss.

It's worth looking into.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000) Steinkalt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the reply's. My plan is to do a 3 day slpit M,W,F, (legs, push pull). Then do cardio on the other 4 days. I have an eliptical machine and a heavy bag in the garage that I'll rotate back and forth on. The diets the killer I've never counted calories so I don't currently know how many cals a day to take 250 away from.

Originally posted by Steinkalt
    The diets the killer I've never counted calories so I don't currently know how many cals a day to take 250 away from.
    That is the hard part for me as well. I never counted them myself. I want to gain some weight so I don't know how many to add since I don't know how many I take in now. I've just started eating more and watching what it is that I eat.

Does anyone know of an easy way to count calories? Especially for the things that are served to you when you go out and there's no label.

edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) edster951 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If your diet is like most of us you could etch it in stone.

Just try removing 1 item a day for a couple of weeks.

I'm thinking of dropping out the coffee's x 3 or 4 a day. All my coffee's are made with fat milk and 1 1/2 sugars.

Thats another starting point for me. Starting on Monday. Been cutting now for 6 weeks with moderate results.

See my challenge - Edster951.

cheers
    edster951
    Invercargill
    New Zealand

www.angelfire.com/zine2/transformation/

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Start the cardio and weights again. Watch your body weight; if it goes down (even slowly) due to increased calorie demand, there may not even be any need to change your diet. If it stays the same, just trim your calories a bit. Don't get in a hurry.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was just about to say what Miloman said.
    ~*Belle*~

www.ironfreaksforum.com/forum

And I want to echo what Belle said about what Milo said

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd like to reiterate what Belle and Overload both stated.

Ack! Stuck in a loop! I am Nomad, I am perfect, I am Nomad, I...

Originally posted by MiloMan
    Ack! Stuck in a loop! I am Nomad, I am perfect, I am Nomad, I...
    LMAO. Someone who can appreciate the classic original Star Trek

Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Belle has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

Ditto stook in loop ...lmao!
    ~*Belle*~

Where's the loop gone? (Sorry don't mind me I'm just posting on every thread so it "cleans" the board up a little).
    ~*Belle*~

Originally posted by Belle
    Where's the loop gone? (Sorry don't mind me I'm just posting on every thread so it "cleans" the board up a little).
    I can see that. You're name is all over the place. lol

In that case, ditto to what Belle said...