Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    RipnLips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

50 caliber handgun

Has anyone seen, or more importantly, does anyone own a 50cal handgun.
    I have seen them and I am wondering if someone can tell me how they shoot.....ie.how much recoil and are they sufficiently accurate?
    Winning isn't everything,
    It's the ONLY thing!

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would have a deseret eagle but being in california it is classified as an assualt weapon
    and i am under 21
    God is bigger than you
    Christianity isn't just a belief, it is a lifestyle.
    "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did"- 1 John 2:6

chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chiba102 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Here you go....

Disclaimer:
    The thoughts and words in the above post are the product of an internet persona and are for entertainment purposes only. There is no basis in fact, especially regarding feelings about women or the use of chemicals.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"- George Orwell

I am guilty of stealing the affections of the women you love for my personal amusement-So What! You can have her back when I am done.

BigPoppaDump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I shot a desert eagle in .50 cal, my friend had it...The thing is like a cannon going off..we had the entire range surrounding us after we shot it..IMHO way too much recoil and noise for a defense weapon..you wouldnt want to shoot it indoors without hearing protection..and it's big but it still had a noticable bark/recoil to her...Ammo is costly...it was pretty reliable from what I could tell...

I guess it depends on what you want it for; a trophy? by all means, its definitely an attention getter; personal protection/carry weapon?? forget it...get yourself something practical, a good .40s&w from sig and be done with it..or if its for your home just get a shotgun...

Buttwind
    sig p226
    ruger p9

LMAO no bro I wouldnt want to try and conceal that or lug it around in a holster for that matter...**** i could do curls with the ammo...
    .....I was interested in just owning one.....for keeping at the house.
    I saw a couple at a range/gun shop..and thought DAMN!! That is awesome.I guarantee if someone saw that thing pointed at them they would crap themselves whilst running the opposite direction.....
    I was guessing that the recoil would have a horrible effect on accuracy, eeven though the barrels are quite long on one model I saw... and to get an idea of how accurate they are if anyone knows....Cause I like to target shoot....OUtdoor for that one I am sure!
    I already have shotguns, rifles, .38, .380, .22, .9mm...etc.
    so it is more of a want than a need, and they are high dollar...
    It's the ONLY thing!

Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
    I would have a deseret eagle but being in california it is classified as an assualt weapon
    and i am under 21
    What would make that an assault weapon? The caliber?
    It's the ONLY thing!

Re: Here you go....

Originally posted by chiba102
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/Products/Firearms/m500.htm#

Just a little info
    Thanks bro, but it doesnt really have the info I am looking for......ie, an unbiased real person firing the thing accuracy report....but a dam nice pic of one......makes mer wonder why they have to add magnum to the name...It is sort of obvious..isnt it?
    It's the ONLY thing!

PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000) PGHPump is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by RipnLips

The fact that it's in California.

whatdya mean? you guys can't have guns at all in cali?....
    It's the ONLY thing!

$Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50) $Big Pimpin$ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Desert Eagles are pretty cool, but its not the most effective handgun round espcially for piercing body armor. That title would belong to the Five- Se7en it has a 21 round mag, and fires damnit I cant find my book to find the caliber of the round.
    Last edited by $Big Pimpin$; 03-14-2003 at 02:15 PM.
    5' 11" 213lbs 18 years old measurements circa Nov 2002
    Biceps 17"
    Neck 17 1/4"
    Quad 24"
    More measurements to come
    Deadlift 440lbs for now
    Bench 270lbs getting better

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ask the politicians. I am writing a paper on Gun (see other thread) it is a freaking joke what Ca considers assault wepaons, such as flare guns and weapons with customized hand grips. I'll post my paper when I am done.
    God is bigger than you

Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Deagles .50 aren't that bad with recoil. I expected much more because everyone says its a hand cannon and such. I wouldn't really want to try to fire off 5 or 6 rounds real fast though. (will be real inaccurate)

They are really expensive though. $1500+ for a new one I think.

For home defense, you dont want anything that will go thru walls...You dont wanna hit your kids do you? Get yourself a nice semi-automatic or pump shotgun and blast the **** out of any intruders.

Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cerbinator is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh nm, didnt see the post where you said you had shotguns...

Well, yeah. If you can afford the deagle, they are nice to show off. I dont own one, but maybe if I had the $$ to throw around, I would consider it.

AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AMDEZ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    there great for hunting! if your into pistol shooting...

whats great about the desert eagle mag is not the fact it has one of the higher powered calibers but the fact it has interchangeable barrles...so insted of shooting the blocky .50 cal. you can switch to the .357 mag and have yourself a relighable self defence weapon....btw Deagle=bodybuilder handgun

Originally posted by AMDEZ
    there great for hunting! if your into pistol shooting...

whats great about the desert eagle mag is not the fact it has one of the higher powered calibers but the fact it has interchangeable barrles...so insted of shooting the blocky .50 cal. you can switch to the .357 mag and have yourself a relighable self defence weapon....btw Deagle=bodybuilder handgun

You can also modify it to shoot 30-06 and a few other rifle rounds, correct?

cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it's a very powerful weapon with a ton of recoil, quite awesome if i do say so myself. a past friend of mine owned one and could only handle shooting 2-3 clips at once, after that he said his hand would start to hurt and it would be very uncomfortable, he was a pretty big guy too, 230-240+ pounds, but i never shot it myself (damn)

-cj

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Cerbinator
    You can also modify it to shoot 30-06 and a few other rifle rounds, correct?
    IIRC there are models that fire the .357 and .44 calibers.

Silent Jhay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If your rich and want a really nice attention getter buy it. But keep in mind each bullet costs $1.20. So if someone is robbing you and you only have dollars, don't bother wasting a whole clip on em :P

Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Master Bates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    now why the hell would you want a 50 caliber hand gun? see this is what i dont get... what possible reason could there be for a civillian to need a 50 freakin caliber gun? have you ever seen someone shot with a 50 caliber? you will splatter their brains everywhere... the law does not allow for you to splatter someones brains, and therefor you will go to jail for sure... all your doing is asking for trouble

MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: 50 caliber handgun

Has anyone seen, or more importantly, does anyone own a 50cal handgun.
    I have seen them and I am wondering if someone can tell me how they shoot.....ie.how much recoil and are they sufficiently accurate?
    For a self-defense weapon, a .50 cal is the WORST GUN YOU CAN POSSIBLY GET.

Muzzle flash will blind you. One shot in an indoor house will cause you to go deaf. And all the .50 caliber guns are unreliable. The Desert Eagle jams 800% more than a Glock, H&K, or a good 1911.

But accuracy, yeah, the Desert Eagle is pretty accurate. The question is, how many accurate follow-up shots can you make? Never shot the S&W gun before.

You need a proper stance, and absorb the recoil with your shoulders. It's a freaking 12 guage. Not good for a beginner, I suggest at least 3 years of handgun experience before choosing a Desert Eagle, it's just too different from other guns.

And why do you need a Desert Eagle? A Desert Eagle is mainly a hunting weapon IMO, not a combat or a self-defense weapon. Too unreliable. However, hunting only requires a .44 magnum. But why a .50? A FMJ goes through the person, goes through your wall, the neighbor's walls, and other neighbor's walls, and maintains lethal speeds for over a mile. Not suggested.

A good self-defense caliber is 9mm, .40 S&W, and a .45. A .357 magnum is pretty good, just that in enclosed rooms, it makes too sharp of a sound that could cause hearing problems.
    When looking out after yourself, use your head...
    When looking out after others, use your heart.
    ---------------------------------
    If you are not liberal when you're 20, you have no heart. When you are not conservative when you're 40, you have no brain.
    Do not be restricted by any style
    As there is no better or worse style
    There is no superior art
    There is only difference
    All arts have the same basic principles
    Develop what is your own

MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50) MartialArtist will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And it looks like you are a total newbie to guns.

DO NOT BUY A GUN. RENT ONE AT A GUN STORE AND SEE HOW THEY SHOOT. Once you find one you like as in one that fits your hand perfectly, one with a trigger system that suits your liking (I personally like the 1911-type triggers), and etc. Looks, and caliber shouldn't be your main priority if you're looking for a self-defense weapon.

And TAKE ****ING CLASSES BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEONE. The key is practice, practice, and practice... After going to a couple of sessions.
    If you are not liberal when you're 20, you have no heart. When you are not conservative when you're 40, you have no brain.
    There is no superior art
    There is only difference
    Develop what is your own

goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goblin6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    for homew defense I recommend a 12 guage. Aim it in the general direction and pull the trigger. very simple to use. Also nothing freaks out someone breaking into your house more than hearing in the darkness the unmistakenable"chu-clack!" of you chambering a round.

Originally posted by goblin6
    for homew defense I recommend a 12 guage. Aim it in the general direction and pull the trigger. very simple to use. Also nothing freaks out someone breaking into your house more than hearing in the darkness the unmistakenable"chu-clack!" of you chambering a round.
    I recommend that you have a 12-guage (or a less powerful shotgun), a pistol as a backup, a Spectra tactical vest, and a flashlight (or tactical light). A rifle is also recommended... If you actually know what you are doing and have a lot of land. For various reasons.

I have a security system, and I have dogs that are very intelligent and will bark at anything that doesn't belong on the property. And yes, they can tell the difference between someone just walking on the grass with someone who's trying to intrude. I have an AR-15 just in case, a 12-guage, a spectra vest, and a Kimber 1911 loaded with JHP. The tactical vest carries everything I need. I will take the shotgun with me along with the vest (that has the pistol).
    There is no superior art
    There is only difference
    Develop what is your own

Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Vehementi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by MartialArtist
    I recommend that you have a 12-guage (or a less powerful shotgun), a pistol as a backup, a Spectra tactical vest, and a flashlight (or tactical light). A rifle is also recommended... If you actually know what you are doing and have a lot of land. For various reasons.

I have a security system, and I have dogs that are very intelligent and will bark at anything that doesn't belong on the property. And yes, they can tell the difference between someone just walking on the grass with someone who's trying to intrude. I have an AR-15 just in case, a 12-guage, a spectra vest, and a Kimber 1911 loaded with JHP. The tactical vest carries everything I need. I will take the shotgun with me along with the vest (that has the pistol).
    Have you ever had to use that stuff?

Man, you should watch Bowling for Columbine.

Hell, what am I thinking? You NEED to watch Bowling for Columbine.

dc27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Kalifornia

Originally posted by Jcfreak_02
    ask the politicians. I am writing a paper on Gun (see other thread) it is a freaking joke what Ca considers assault wepaons, such as flare guns and weapons with customized hand grips. I'll post my paper when I am done.
    I see you live in Kalifornia as well. Soon the wacko politicians here will outlaw guns totally. In England, they banned all guns, and guess what? Only the outlaws had guns. Violent crimes and robberies skyrocketed. The government said to the people, its only stuff just stay in your bedroom and let the robbers take whatever they want. One poor guy got arrested for jacking up a robber with a nice sword. We are soon on our way in Kalifornia.

dc27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BTW jcfreak, would you like to walk around west sac unarmed?

Originally posted by Vehementi
    Have you ever had to use that stuff?

Man, you should watch Bowling for Columbine.

Hell, what am I thinking? You NEED to watch Bowling for Columbine.

Like your liberal, "think about the kids" attitude anti-gun cases actually MEAN anything, especially when you're a kid who's a liberal. Statistically, there is a greater chance of survival when you own a handgun and there are armed robbers.

What Bowling for Columbine failed to tell you was that most the homicides were done by people who were already felons. Anti-gun laws won't change felons having guns. Japan's mobs still have guns, same with the UK. Reason for having such a lower crime rate? America, with more people than all those countries, and being the center of immigration, meaning that there are going to be the bad ones coming with the good. And most 1st generation immigrants from many countries live below a 14K income.

The AR-15, never for self-defense. But I did use my Kimber and my shotgun for defense. My Kimber is my concealed weapon, and I did use it when a guy pulled a knife and tried to rob me. What will you do in that situation? I pulled out my Kimber (which was in the cocked and locked position) and turned the safety off. The guy ran. My shotgun, I used about ten years ago. There was somebody in the garage. I put on my vest, armed my pistol, and took my shotgun. The guy was about to take my kid's bikes. Again, he ran.

So I've never shot my gun in self-defense, but I have used it. And I pray to God that I never have to, but you never know what will happen.
    There is no superior art
    There is only difference
    Develop what is your own

Re: Kalifornia

Originally posted by dc27
    I see you live in Kalifornia as well. Soon the wacko politicians here will outlaw guns totally. In England, they banned all guns, and guess what? Only the outlaws had guns. Violent crimes and robberies skyrocketed. The government said to the people, its only stuff just stay in your bedroom and let the robbers take whatever they want. One poor guy got arrested for jacking up a robber with a nice sword. We are soon on our way in Kalifornia.
    BUMP

Outlawing marijuana didn't change anything. Neither did the probation.

If a guy comes breaking down my door, he will have buckshot aimed at his torso.
    There is no superior art
    There is only difference
    Develop what is your own

Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocky388 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re: Kalifornia

i woulda kept a gun anyways. screw that if someones gunna rob me, im gunna try and get em outta the house...wether i have to shoot em, or if they run.
    +Rocky+

BTW jcfreak, would you like to walk around west sac unarmed?
    depends on the situation, if I go there it will get theological, somethign I think the board is sick of, at least from me.
    God is bigger than you