Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bigwhitee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation bootcamp in 45 days "USAF"

i run, run and run, i do about 100 pushups and sits ups, but what about after bootcamp, or in the immediate future??? question marks -Dustin
    Attached Images
    Last edited by bigwhitee; 12-12-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forget about working on your physique for now and just practice strength and conditioning. Even if you do make good gains before you leave, you'll lose them all while you're in basic. They feed you virtually nothing while you're there and work you so hard, it's literally impossible to maintain any size while you're there (fat or muscle).

As someone who had a brief foray in the military, let me give you a word of advice: start doing the I.T. exercises now. I.T. stands for incentive training, and it's what you get when you or your division **** up. It's far and away the hardest thing about boot camp. Your P.T. stuff should be a breeze. Anyone can run 1.5 miles in 13:30 or whatever it is. But the I.T. is where they get you, and those military bastards can come up with some pretty creative ways to make you miserable. Start doing those exercises where you jump down to your hands and feet, kick your legs out, and jump back up. I don't know what they are in the Air Force, but in the Navy, we called them 8-count bodybuilders (with a couple of extra steps thrown in) and they will literally force you to do those until you pass out. Be able to do at least 100 of them without stopping before you leave. Practice holding your best salute for AT LEAST thirty consecutive minutes. You have no idea how tiring that can be. Practice holding a heavy book out in front of you adjacent to your face. When we screwed up, our commander made us hold our Bluejacket's Manual out in front of us and read the definition of "discipline" over and over again. Be able to do jumping jacks for at least thirty minutes straight at a VERY fast pace. Practice holding a squat position with your arms at 90 degrees to the ground for at least ten minutes. And practice doing all those well shouting out "one sergeant, two sergeant, three sergeant..."

LOL, sorry to go on for so long, but you NEED to know these things before you ship out. You'll see so many guys dropping like flies during the first week because they weren't prepared for the I.T. You also might want to practice all of the above in your room with door closed, in a full sweat suit and the heater on to get you ready, because Texas is hotter and more humid than a mother****er. One last thing. Practice getting out of bed and getting fully dressed (tied shoes, socks, everything) in under fifteen seconds. The part where the whole military aspect really hit me was the morning after the first night we got to sleep, and Chief came in throwing chairs and screaming for us to get up. You see it all the time in movies, but it's way different when it actually happens.

Heh heh, good luck, man!
    "It is a good day to fight!
    It is a good day to die!
    Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front!
    Weak hearts and cowards to the rear."

-Crazy Horse

richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) richie191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hehe....I remember about a year ago when I was in the same situation. I was all bulked up bigger than ever, and then I end up going to lackland. I lost about 15lbs while I was there, and stay that weight for the next 3 months after basic, because I didn't have time to workout during tech school. Now I'm stationed in Guam, and I've gained back 25lbs. I'm so much bigger than I was then, and it only took me a few months to get it back. So bro, don't worry about losing weight. They give you plenty of food to eat, but they only give you a few minutes to eat it. So practice eating a plate of food and 3 small glasses of water in under 3 minutes. Practice everything else too. Richie
    www.WhoIsRight.info
    www.BobadillaKnives.com
    www.MyCustomKnife.com

Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joe_65 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by richie191
    Hehe....I remember about a year ago when I was in the same situation. I was all bulked up bigger than ever, and then I end up going to lackland. I lost about 15lbs while I was there, and stay that weight for the next 3 months after basic, because I didn't have time to workout during tech school. Now I'm stationed in Guam, and I've gained back 25lbs. I'm so much bigger than I was then, and it only took me a few months to get it back. So bro, don't worry about losing weight. They give you plenty of food to eat, but they only give you a few minutes to eat it. So practice eating a plate of food and 3 small glasses of water in under 3 minutes. Practice everything else too. Richie
    Lucky Air Force bastards. LOL. In the Navy, we would get three courses with what looked like ice cream scoop size servings (usually some kind of meat or poultry, rice or pasta, and bread). They usually had good desserts like donuts or cakes, though. That's where most of your calories in a day will probably come from. There was a salad bar, too, but not much room on the small trays we got. Now that I think of it, I was probably on 2,100 calories a day with less than 50 grams of protein!
    It is a good day to die!

-Crazy Horse

Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Darksoul9000_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Joe_65
    Forget about working on your physique for now and just practice strength and conditioning. Even if you do make good gains before you leave, you'll lose them all while you're in basic. They feed you virtually nothing while you're there and work you so hard, it's literally impossible to maintain any size while you're there (fat or muscle).

As someone who had a brief foray in the military, let me give you a word of advice: start doing the I.T. exercises now. I.T. stands for incentive training, and it's what you get when you or your division **** up. It's far and away the hardest thing about boot camp. Your P.T. stuff should be a breeze. Anyone can run 1.5 miles in 13:30 or whatever it is. But the I.T. is where they get you, and those military bastards can come up with some pretty creative ways to make you miserable. Start doing those exercises where you jump down to your hands and feet, kick your legs out, and jump back up. I don't know what they are in the Air Force, but in the Navy, we called them 8-count bodybuilders (with a couple of extra steps thrown in) and they will literally force you to do those until you pass out. Be able to do at least 100 of them without stopping before you leave. Practice holding your best salute for AT LEAST thirty consecutive minutes. You have no idea how tiring that can be. Practice holding a heavy book out in front of you adjacent to your face. When we screwed up, our commander made us hold our Bluejacket's Manual out in front of us and read the definition of "discipline" over and over again. Be able to do jumping jacks for at least thirty minutes straight at a VERY fast pace. Practice holding a squat position with your arms at 90 degrees to the ground for at least ten minutes. And practice doing all those well shouting out "one sergeant, two sergeant, three sergeant..."

LOL, sorry to go on for so long, but you NEED to know these things before you ship out. You'll see so many guys dropping like flies during the first week because they weren't prepared for the I.T. You also might want to practice all of the above in your room with door closed, in a full sweat suit and the heater on to get you ready, because Texas is hotter and more humid than a mother****er. One last thing. Practice getting out of bed and getting fully dressed (tied shoes, socks, everything) in under fifteen seconds. The part where the whole military aspect really hit me was the morning after the first night we got to sleep, and Chief came in throwing chairs and screaming for us to get up. You see it all the time in movies, but it's way different when it actually happens.

Heh heh, good luck, man!
    Trust me. This guy right here is telling the truth, especially about the I.T. part *L*. I was in the Coast Guard boot camp earlier this year for about a month (sorry to say I did not pass boot camp because of a swim test I was unable to pass. I can swim, just not so far away). To be honest they were feeding us about 3 meals a day and had us constantly drink water every single day. The only other beverage we could drink was orange or fruit juice, but only in the morning. However, at their gym, they would not let us use any free weights only those machines with the square weights stacked up on top of each other (if you know what I'm talking about) and I hate those machines. I did not get much of a workout at all. Believe it or not, I had more of a workout doing Incentive Training than at their gym. As crazy as it sounds, I actually enjoyed I.T. sometimes over there too because of this.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why you should not continue with your bodybuilding exersice plan after you leave boot camp of the A.F. or any other military boot camp. You probably can accomplish more after you leave boot camp anyway.
    Shawn Davis

Feel free to add me to yahoo messenger to talk about bodybuilding and nutrition freedomwarrior666@yahoo.com.

me puedes agregar a yahoo messenger para hablar del sujetos de ejercicio y nutricion.
    freedomwarrior666@yahoo.com

tu veux m'ajouter en yahoo messenger pour parler sur le sujet d'exercice et de nutrition.
    freedomwarrior666@yahoo.com

NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    you don't need to do anything really. I never worked out, ran did sit-ups or push-ups before I went to AF bootcamp and i did alot better than some people. AF bootcamp is an absolute joke. I was really dissappointed. Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it too much. They will build your way up starting with a 1.5 or 2 mile run twice a week. have fun.
    It's mainstream because it's shallow. -George Carlin

Don't argue with homosexuals, they'll put you in the red!

Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

Originally Posted by bigwhitee
    i run, run and run, i do about 100 pushups and sits ups, but what about after bootcamp, or in the immediate future??? question marks -Dustin
    Why are you going in the first place?? When we are at war!

.BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) .BrokeN. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Shouldn't that be all the more reason? What would the courageous people who founded the country think about people who thought of comments like that. Don't be a tree hugging anti war puss.

Go ahead and practice wearing a key around your neck at all times too, and taking 30 second showers.

Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jazzy1170 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by .BrokeN.
    Shouldn't that be all the more reason? What would the courageous people who founded the country think about people who thought of comments like that. Don't be a tree hugging anti war puss.

Go ahead and practice wearing a key around your neck at all times too, and taking 30 second showers.
    Don't need flamers here on this board. it's the rules!!!! We went after the wrong guy in the first place, even our service people know this. And Bush knows it!! All the beheadings. anti war, "Not".. don't put words in my mouth!!!
    The question was directed to "bigwhitee".
    Jazzy
    Last edited by Jazzy1170; 12-13-2004 at 12:11 PM.

Jarhead1775 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol you be a complete fatass and pass AF bootcamp with flying colors. The only other boot camp I'd worry about is Marine Corps and MAYBE army.

If you want to see some "IT" (we called it getting "quarterdecked" or "pitted") come on over to Parris Island, SC.

oorah
    Semper Fidelis

Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluids will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I heard they ride bikes and stuff in the Air Force bootcamp, lol.
    INTENSITY
    Fueling-Body-Mind-Spirit

"The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NJE has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Fluids
    I heard they ride bikes and stuff in the Air Force bootcamp, lol.
    No, for awhile that became the operational AF's PT test. They did away with it and now are doing a 1.5 mile run with a waist measurement, push-ups and sit-ups. The AF is the most slack-a$$ branch of service when it comes to PT.
    It's mainstream because it's shallow. -George Carlin

Don't argue with homosexuals, they'll put you in the red!

Originally Posted by Jarhead1775
    lol you be a complete fatass and pass AF bootcamp with flying colors. The only other boot camp I'd worry about is Marine Corps and MAYBE army.

If you want to see some "IT" (we called it getting "quarterdecked" or "pitted") come on over to Parris Island, SC.

oorah
    They changed the Navy's boot camp now so it's more like Marine Corp bootcamp. They do the whole sleep deprivation thing and all that now.
    It is a good day to die!

-Crazy Horse

yo

my comback when people say that af bootcamp is weak is that your just mad yuor asvab scores wernt high enough and that works most of the time. and i would love to go to iraq, 4 members of my family are in the af and they have been over there. i drive a truck for ups and by the time i get home b/c of peak season im dead tired and ready for bed, so these next few weeks are really going to be hard for me to get the kind of work out that i want, thanks all- dust-in-louisville

bigwhitee, you really think you have to be smart to be in the Air Force?? lol if you get a 35 on the ASVAB you can easily get a job in the AF. With my MOS in the Marines it's required that you have a 110 GT or higher... and the minimum to join any branch is 80(GT). So I guess that beyond "average". I know one Marine in my MOS field who scored a 1440 on the SAT. Dumb jokes no longer apply to the military of today. 20 years ago? Yes, but not today consideirng all parts of the military is becoming more technological and complex, even infantry.

Navy boot camp harder?? My friend just graduated boot camp in October and he said he wasn't "ITed" or punished one time. Usually if they screw up they just get yelled at. Not saying that it's hard, but nothing touches Marine Corps boot camp when it comes to physical/mental stress.
    Semper Fidelis

Cool

my comback when people say that af bootcamp is weak is that your just mad yuor asvab scores wernt high enough and that works most of the time. and i would love to go to iraq, 4 members of my family are in the af and they have been over there. i drive a truck for ups and by the time i get home b/c of peak season im dead tired and ready for bed, so these next few weeks are really going to be hard for me to get the kind of work out that i want, thanks all- dust-in-louisville
    So just because 4 family members are over there you want to go? I have family members over there also, because they couldn't get a job they weren't making ends meet here and 1 of them was a trouble maker. I know another person that has been in the service before 9/11. He's married with kids and it was cheap rent, free i think. Now he's sorry he inlisted. You seem to have a good job being with UPS. Whatever..... My best to you and I hope you stay safe.
    Last edited by Jazzy1170; 12-13-2004 at 06:00 PM.

justphilp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by Jarhead1775
    bigwhitee, you really think you have to be smart to be in the Air Force?? lol if you get a 35 on the ASVAB you can easily get a job in the AF. With my MOS in the Marines it's required that you have a 110 GT or higher... and the minimum to join any branch is 80(GT). So I guess that beyond "average". I know one Marine in my MOS field who scored a 1440 on the SAT. Dumb jokes no longer apply to the military of today. 20 years ago? Yes, but not today consideirng all parts of the military is becoming more technological and complex, even infantry.

Navy boot camp harder?? My friend just graduated boot camp in October and he said he wasn't "ITed" or punished one time. Usually if they screw up they just get yelled at. Not saying that it's hard, but nothing touches Marine Corps boot camp when it comes to physical/mental stress.

right behind you brother but nothing touched it six or seven years ago these new kids are lazy with ther digitals and no shine boots......no wait nevermind i like the new digis just not the newbys.

Talking

Originally Posted by justphilp
    right behind you brother but nothing touched it six or seven years ago these new kids are lazy with ther digitals and no shine boots......no wait nevermind i like the new digis just not the newbys.
    Lol...., new kids have been lazy since the early 80's. I was in tool & die for over 22 years. 55 hours was a standard work week. 80 hours a week when we were busy. I started the trade when I was 18 years old. Disabled now. Newbe's didn't want to work anymore than 40 hours a week and they wanted to make the same money as mommy and daddy as starting pay... not!

UPS drivers do put in long hours and good pay also.
    Last edited by Jazzy1170; 12-13-2004 at 06:32 PM.

180 stops today in the snow, now thats something i can tell my grandkids, haha. yea i make pretty good money and good benifits but this is something i dont wana do for the rest of my life. i want to be a aircraft mechanic, and thats why im leaving soon. peace it out-dustin

aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10) aserecuba is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Joe_65

L
    and all of that will help zero% against a bullet coming at you

He's got spaghetti arms! CumingDaynNight's Avatar
    CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [QUOTE=Jarhead1775]bigwhitee, you really think you have to be smart to be in the Air Force?? lol if you get a 35 on the ASVAB you can easily get a job in the AF. With my MOS in the Marines it's required that you have a 110 GT or higher... and the minimum to join any branch is 80(GT). So I guess that beyond "average". I know one Marine in my MOS field who scored a 1440 on the SAT. QUOTE]

If GT is an ASVAB score im pretty sure 98 is the max score........ What is your job?

For the thread starter, I went through basic in July 03. You have physical training/pt 4-6 times a week. You alternate with a running day and a calisthenics day. Even on calisthenics days you will probably run 1/4 mile to 1 mile.

On running days you start out in groups of 10 or so and you have to run around a track in a line and the last man has to sprint to the front. You do that for about 25 minutes and you cant stop to walk or anything. Then you walk for like 2 minutes to rest a bit. After that you do 30 seconds of walking followed by 30 seconds of sprinting and repeat. You do this for like 5-10 minutes.

On calisthenics day they do alot of random workouts with little to no rest but the workouts usually alternate muscle groups like alternating a set of pushups and a set of sit ups for 3 sets each. Some of the workouts are flutter kicks, situps, crunches, leg raises, diamond pushups, pushups, wide grip pushups, reverse pushups, squats, military press, and on the pullup bar you do hanging leg raises and pullups.

The food limit is way more than you can probably eat. You have about 30 seconds your first week there and maybe 3-5 minutes your 6th week. Three drinks, can start as three waters first week and sixth week 1 water and 2 gatorades (maybe a milk, maybe maybe maybe soda.)

PM for other questions

Smile

180 stops today in the snow, now thats something i can tell my grandkids, haha. yea i make pretty good money and good benifits but this is something i dont wana do for the rest of my life. i want to be a aircraft mechanic, and thats why im leaving soon. peace it out-dustin
    Got ya! That makes sense to me now. Aircraft mechanic's make good money also. At least you will be in a trade and you will be able to work anywhere.

Good luck!
    Jazzy

CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) CumingDaynNight has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you are smart enough do air traffic control

Originally Posted by CumingDaynNight
    if you are smart enough do air traffic control
    Those guys make big money. I read the median salary is like $95,000 a year.
    It is a good day to die!

-Crazy Horse

Thumbs up

i was looking into airtraffic control and it is really hard to get a job at this time. you have one try to pass the test and if you fail then you cant take it again. the job market for that career is going to boom in the next 5-10 years b/c of the average age of air traffic controlers. it is a high stress job,and me and stress dont get along very well. i have a uncle that is a aircraft mechanic and he doesent do crap at work, they all play cards he tells me. this is ups too, so shhh. ok later on dustin

im in atc and it is not stressful at all...... maybe it is because i lift weights.... its only stressful if you are working some busy ass airport like atlanta, or newark or something. What test do you have to take to get in the career field?

"CumingDaynNight" GT is a "line score" ... not sure what it stands for. My percentile score on the ASVAB was a 78. Oh, and the max score is 99 because two of my friends from high school got that. My MOS is 0651/0656 Tactical Data Networking = Grunt with laptop.

I had two friends who were brothers that went to Lackland in ****ty shape (couldnt run for their lives, and one had open heart surgery before basic) and they went thru Air Force basic without a problem.

Question: It's rumored that you're PFT is riding on a bike?? Oh, do you guys even touch a rifle during basic?
    Semper Fidelis

they used to ride bikes for the pt test before i got in.... im not sure if that was in basic training. in basic you get to shoot m16 one day during the 5th week which is also know as warrior week. 5th week you do the gas chamber and other field exercises as well as the obstacle course.

also in air traffic, you could probably go 4 years without going to the desert (if you chose). there is usually someone volunteering because reenlistement bonus's are tax free in the sand box and 65 thousand tax free is some nice cash. (i think the reenlistment bonus dropped somewhat recently). the only tour you can do is korea for a year.

as for the pay.... my friends dad has been in air traffic for 20 years or so and makes 250k a year and all he does is schedule people for work. starting out at easy facility (low traffic/difficulty) if you are a radar controller you make about 60k just to be in training. each position you get certified to work in you get a pay raise. average pay around 95k

joey22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

lolol i dont think theres IT in the airforce! they used to use bikes???????????????????hahahahahahahahaha

semper fi

blah

semper fi=bullet trap