JordanH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Compound Or Isolation Exercises For Mass?

Registered User ultraMagnetical's Avatar
    ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultraMagnetical will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    compound! but u do wanna throw some isolations in there

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JordanH
    There is no cure all for everyone. You will have to experiment with combinations of both for various bodyparts to see what works for you.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    food.
    <->

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by $AJ
    food.
    Another classic "in depth" AJ response

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Another classic "in depth" AJ response
    it's true

you can sit there all day doing this and that compound/isolation, but in the end, you want mass, you need to eat. why you think so much of the gym population is small - they have no clue what diet is
    <->

EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    it's true

you can sit there all day doing this and that compound/isolation, but in the end, you want mass, you need to eat. why you think so much of the gym population is small - they have no clue what diet is
    For once we are in agreement.

I advise EVERY newbie and AFL (average frustrated lifter), to print out the words $AJ just typed, and place them somewhere where you will see them everyday.

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i think if you're a beginner you should focus on compounds until youve built a good amount of strength, and then start playing with isolation and more advanced movements. But some compounds should always be in the mix. squats, deads, presses and rows never go out of style.
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

Originally Posted by EliteLifts
    For once we are in agreement.

I advise EVERY newbie and AFL (average frustrated lifter), to print out the words $AJ just typed, and place them somewhere where you will see them everyday.
    and then go buy my book, haha
    <->

Talking

Originally Posted by $AJ
    and then go buy my book, haha
    Can your book show me how to get HUGE biceps and the proper way to do the benchpress?

Originally Posted by DiamondDelts
    Can your book show me how to get HUGE biceps and the proper way to do the benchpress?
    sure
    <->

JordanH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

OK, the one thing that I can't understand is this...if my body needs time to recuperare, which I know it does, what kind of training regimen should I go by to get the workout I need while at the same time not overtraining my muscles. I workout each muscle group once a week and it seems to be working well for me. What I mean is, how and when do I work in the "basic" exercises like squats and deadlifts and still not have to worry about overtraining and fully recuperating. Would appreciate a veterans advice greatly.

um, put them in the proper day? (e.g., deadlift/squat in leg day)

m-chest/tir/shoulder
    w-legs
    f-back/bi
    <->

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JordanH

IMO it `s better to use both , make compounds the backbone of your workout and trow some isolations into the mix towrds the end of it
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    it's true

I'll bet you I gain more muscle from lifting and not eating right then from eating and not lifting.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by A-rod
    IMO it `s better to use both , make compounds the backbone of your workout and trow some isolations into the mix towrds the end of it
    *faints from disbelief*

I thought you were an "anti-isolationist"? Not that I'm displeased with the change of heart.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    *faints from disbelief*

I thought you were an "anti-isolationist"? Not that I'm displeased with the change of heart.

Actually i never been a "anti-isolationist" , i `ve always done lateral raises , curls , db extensions , skulls and a few other I-lifts i swear by
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice