Ultra204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat form check

/ watch?v=5P6g3PaSvBw&list=UU88_nPPFDZTPo8WgkUaAxDw

This is me doing 90 kg (198 lbs) squat in the gym, let me know what you think. When I film at home or do bodyweight squats I typically have quite the buttwink, but it's not visible here for some reason (maybe the angle, maybe because it's weighted)? Not sure if you can tell too much from the video, but criticism is appreciated. This is my first form check, but I hope it's okay.

Edit: since I can't post links yet, just write youtube.com before the link and remove the space between the "/" and "watch".
    Last edited by Ultra204; 11-15-2014 at 07:37 AM.

PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ultra204 View Post
    / watch?v=5P6g3PaSvBw&list=UU88_nPPFDZTPo8WgkUaAxDw

This is me doing 90 kg (198 lbs) squat in the gym, let me know what you think. When I film at home or do bodyweight squats I typically have quite the buttwink, but it's not visible here for some reason (maybe the angle, maybe because it's weighted)? Not sure if you can tell too much from the video, but criticism is appreciated. This is my first form check, but I hope it's okay.
    What am I supposed to do with the gibberish link?

Originally Posted by PerthShane View Post
    What am I supposed to do with the gibberish link?
    Sorry, but can't post links yet. Just put youtube.com before the / watch, and delete the space from / and watch

PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10) PerthShane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ultra204 View Post
    Sorry, but can't post links yet. Just put youtube.com before the / watch, and delete the space from / and watch
    Ah, right. Looks pretty good, just want to check your hands. If that's a low bar squat (hard from this angle, I'm just guessing from your elbows) you'll want to make sure your wrists are flat and not bent back. Becomes more important with heavier weights and I find I need chalk to keep the bar from slipping in my palms.

Originally Posted by PerthShane View Post
    Ah, right. Looks pretty good, just want to check your hands. If that's a low bar squat (hard from this angle, I'm just guessing from your elbows) you'll want to make sure your wrists are flat and not bent back. Becomes more important with heavier weights and I find I need chalk to keep the bar from slipping in my palms.
    Thanks. I think it's a high bar one, but not sure. Would it place strain on my wrists to have them bent?

bump