ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how do you guys count ur veggies

i'm just making my diet plan right now...i dont' know how to count my veggies as far as protein/carbs/fat....like a cup of steamed veggies how do i count that? especailly if i got a few different kinds? thanks

rick

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just make sure u eat them and don't worry about it I have never heard of anyone getting fat off veggies
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Just make sure u eat them and don't worry about it I have never heard of anyone getting fat off veggies
    but how do i count the carbs/protein?

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    www.calorieking.com
    Originally Posted by ws6ta
    but how do i count the carbs/protein?
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i dont even count the cals on my diet, i just slap on a extra 200cals because they hardly have no cals.
    Started: 114lbs
    Currently: 218lbs

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i just put down in my fitday log that i have about 4 c of broccoli and 6 c of spinach a day. this may be close to what i eat on some days but im certain i eat alot more then that plus i eat a salad everday too that i dont even worry about because in the end its like what, 30-40 cals from lettuce.
    this signature was purchased by melon:

"incongruous penguin"

Hey Saw in your sig i take it u don;t use a scale anymore lol
    @teamchampion

POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) saw14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Hey Saw in your sig i take it u don;t use a scale anymore lol
    lol, yeah i stopped weighing in on my bulk about three weeks ago. the scale was jumping too much for my taste, one week i was 185, then the next i was 190, then the next 183lbs so finally i just said forget it. i would just keep bulking w/o the scale until january and see how much i weigh then. coming from where i did, being a fat kid and now not being fat and trying to put weight on, its a constant mental struggle to allow myself to eat more food. as soon as the scale goes up i dont panic, but i dont like it for some reason. so rather then know how much i weigh im just eating and will see where i land after the new year.

"incongruous penguin"

thumbmaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm just making my diet plan right now...i dont' know how to count my veggies as far as protein/carbs/fat....like a cup of steamed veggies how do i count that? especailly if i got a few different kinds? thanks

rick
    i dont even look at nutrition info for veggies. i just eat few handfuls every day in between say 2pm and 11pm. they're vegetables.. as long as youre eating them, you're all good.

BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BluSilver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I only count carrots and higher calorie-dense veggies. I don't count any broccolli, cauliflower, cabbage, or any of the other greens like that because they have such a high thermic effect that it cancels out the calories consumed.
    On top of my game, and it don't stop til my hip don't hop anymore.

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well,

When I made my diet plan a few months ago, I decided to count cal from veggies.

Nowdays, I note that quite a few protein comes from veggies.

I was wondering if you guys counted protein coming from veggies and if it could be negative in my diet and results ?

Would it be better to make up a diet plan by counting only protein from animal source and complex carbs such as rice... ?

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by anthonyfel
    Well,

I was wondering if you guys counted protein coming from veggies and if it could be negative in my diet and results ?

Would it be better to make up a diet plan by counting only protein from animal source and complex carbs such as rice... ?

Thanks guys
    why? protein is protein. if you are eating an incomplete protein with another incomplete protein or with a complete protein it makes the protein complete.

"incongruous penguin"

gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gfletch has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well,

Thanks guys
    You're still getting protein from the veggies, they're just incomplete but your body is still using the Amino Acids in them. Just get most of your protein from complete sources though
    The Holy Trinity: Diet, weight training and cardio
    If you don't Squat or Deadlift, don't ask what supps will help you gain mass.

"Strength and wisdom are not opposing values." - Bill Clinton

Ravi Dev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

rick
    count'em by the pounds

hehe, actually i generally follow the rule of eating 50:50 raw-cooked veggies, i eat 3+lbs a day, & i just say thats about 200-300 cals (150-200 deducting fiber calories, because their not digested) (those cals are mostly protien, a few carbs & a ton of fiber), but if your a fan of the negative calorie theory you dont count any of those veggies or even quite a few fruit cals for that matter, the neg calorie theory states that it requires more energy (cals) to digest the nutrients in the food than the food contains. foods that are high in nutrients & low in cals are quite often neg calorie.

check out http://negativecaloriediet.com/, its based on the neg calorie theory, just dont buy what their selling, its bull****,
    lemme know if you want the list of neg calorie fruits & veggies, & i will post it here
    Last edited by Ravi Dev; 12-11-2004 at 07:54 AM.

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by gfletch
    You're still getting protein from the veggies, they're just incomplete but your body is still using the Amino Acids in them. Just get most of your protein from complete sources though
    It seems a lot of you guys does not count cal from veggies.

So, if you don't count cal from veggies in your diet, I assume you don't count protein from veggies as well, right ?

What do you think about that?

It seems a lot of you guys does not count cal from veggies.

So, if you don't count cal from veggies in your diet, I assume you don't count protein from veggies as well, right ?

What do you think about that?
    i think alot of guys do count the cals from veggies, but they extremely strict and anal about portion size. i estimate the amount of veggies i consume a day and track that, but i know for a fact that i go over that limit.

"incongruous penguin"

LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LiL_JaY is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i just steam a hole lot full, then weight it when its cooked and eat it, the left overs i either eat it tommorro, or my parents eat it.
    Started: 114lbs
    Currently: 218lbs

taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000) taffer is just really nice. (+1000)
    i count the calories in vegies but not carbs, i eat just over 2lbs of vegies a day, which is less than 250calories, so it doesnt really matter either way