Thread: Recruiters

CAE2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Recruiters

bear with me. I am asking if when trying for positions in the military do you think that the recruiters are influenced by your physical stature? (hieght weight) I asked here because I thought this was the best place to get information.

Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000) Jimislash is just really nice. (+1000)
    I believe there is a height requirement for certain positions in the military, like MP and other guard positions.
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3059531

Bench- 465; Squat- 710; Deadlift- 575

Goals for 2008

Bench- 500; Squat- 800; Deadlift- 600

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CAE2008 View Post
    bear with me. I am asking if when trying for positions in the military do you think that the recruiters are influenced by your physical stature? (hieght weight) I asked here because I thought this was the best place to get information.
    I don't think so, they are numbers driven and they mostly go off of your asvab score. There are some physical standards for certain fields though. What are your stats?

Registered Something devil_s haircut's Avatar
    devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) devil_s haircut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's the height and weight charts for the Army.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/army/l/blmaleweight.htm

They're not strict. The military needs people. Special units like the Old Guard have very tight requirements for height and weight, but they're meant to look good, and they can be selective. Otherwise, as long as you can pass the minimum standards of fitness, you'll be fine.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crow223 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did some recruiting while in USMC.
    Main thing was a passing ASVAB score, no serious health problems, no habitual drug use, and a reasonably clear criminal record.
    I was 18 years old when I enlisted. I weighed 147lbs and was assigned to a tank unit. I only weighed a bit more than the m2 50 caliber machinegun I was assigned to.
    When I complained to my squad leader about how heavy it was he told me,"Don't worry kid, once you drag it around for 6 months it gets lighter."

Here's a pic of me at 19, carrying an m249 SAW. This was during a break, somewhere between mile 8 and 10 of a 27 mile stroll. It was kind of a running joke in my unit to give the skinniest guys, the heaviest guns.
    Attached Images
    Pain is just weakness leaving your body.

Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Hi CAE2008,
    CAE2008.... That's not a name.... so I will just call you.... Kid.

Ok Kid, Here is the real deal on recruiters.... They don't care a damn thing about you except that you are alive and breathing and can pass the entry tests. All you are is a number to them and money in their pocket. They will (LIE) tell you anything to get you to enlist. It's their job. What you need to know is the only thing that counts about what they tell you is what they put down in WRITING and that they have to sign it to make it an official contract. If whatever they tell you is not in writing then it will not happen. Don't let them BS you, get all promises in Writing before you sign anything. Considering you are signing your LIFE away get a lawyer to go over any enlistment documents you are thinking about signing, "Before" you sign them.

You want a guaranteed job.... Get it in writing.
    You want a guaranteed Station / Post / Base.... Get it in writing.
    You want a guaranteed Sign Up Bonus.... Get it in writing.
    You want a guaranteed College Fund.... Get it in writing.

I hope you are getting my message Kid. The only one looking out for you is yourself. The military is at war and needs bodies to replace the people getting killed. It is just that simple. So think about what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with serving your country, I did. I am a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and The U.S. Army Reserves. If I had it to do over I would join up again even now. I just wanted to give it to you straight with no BS so you can make the best decision with your life.

Whatever you do I wish you the best of luck.... Just remember to keep your head down and your ass low to the ground!

Take care,
    Brother Steel

One last thing about recruiters.... Just think of them as Con Men and you're their Mark.... They have been playing the game for a long time and you haven't so keep your guard up!

Just so you know, the above may sound like sour grapes but it is not.... I was not screwed over by my recruiter because someone I trusted told me the information that I have just told you. It was the best advice I ever got.
    Last edited by Brother Steel; 08-11-2007 at 07:13 AM.
    Here's what is happening in my neck of the woods....

Paving the way so the rubber can hit the road!

Repping back since 06!
    Reps owed:

PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by farsscf View Post
    I don't think so, they are numbers driven and they mostly go off of your asvab score. There are some physical standards for certain fields though. What are your stats?
    Exactly - as long as you are not a fat slob, they are pretty much only interested in what you have between your ears (Brain). Of course, you need to be in a certain condition, but they will "mold" you in boot camp.
    United States Navy Veteran - GO NAVY!

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crow223 View Post
    Main thing was a passing ASVAB score, no serious health problems, no habitual drug use, and a reasonably clear criminal record.
    I was 18 years old when I enlisted. I weighed 147lbs and was assigned to a tank unit. I only weighed a bit more than the m2 50 caliber machinegun I was assigned to.
    When I complained to my squad leader about how heavy it was he told me,"Don't worry kid, once you drag it around for 6 months it gets lighter."

Here's a pic of me at 19, carrying an m249 SAW. This was during a break, somewhere between mile 8 and 10 of a 27 mile stroll. It was kind of a running joke in my unit to give the skinniest guys, the heaviest guns.
    Yeah, when I was in the Saws and 60's always went to the skinniest guys or the girls. I never understood that.

newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000) newmexico123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crow223 View Post

Not always the smallest guys - I always carried a 60, extrat ammo and the mortar plate at the start - and them whem lame asses dropped out I ended up with their 16s as well!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by newmexico123 View Post
    Not always the smallest guys - I always carried a 60, extrat ammo and the mortar plate at the start - and them whem lame asses dropped out I ended up with their 16s as well!
    yeah, but you are a beast

Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Joe Go has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bear with me. I am asking if when trying for positions in the military do you think that the recruiters are influenced by your physical stature? (height weight) I asked here because I thought this was the best place to get information.
    Some good info posted so far. I am a honorably discharged US Navy vet. Brother Steel is giving it to you straight.

Don't worry if there's a weight issue. Boot camp will fix that problem. The military will give you a wavier if they feel the problem can be fixed.

Get in there and serve your country. I gave 4 years of my life to it and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a better man because of it. Would I join again...........Hell NO!

I'm a real person!! abcreations's Avatar
    abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Have to agree on this one. My husband was 220lbs when he was 19 and carried the 60.

If you have a high ASVAB score they might want to pressure you into an MOS that you don't want to do. As stated before "GET IT ALL IN WRITING"

All the men in my family (both sides) have served in the military. I was an active duty Army wife for 8 years. Wore alot of hats durring that time and learned alot. Wouldn't give it up for anything. My husband enjoyed his time in and he is also an Army brat.
    REMEMBER: People only rain on your parade because they are jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.
    https://www.********.com/pages/April-Bong-Strong-N-Fit/134415716748824?ref=hl

KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KLMARB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    YEAH!! I humped and jumped "The Pig" (23 lbs without ammo) many a time....
    I'll take arrogance and the inevitable hubris over self-doubt and lack of confidence, anyday.......

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    [QUOTE=Joe Go;68494103] Boot camp will fix that problem.

Oh yea, among other things.
    Got some chuckles out of some of the responses.

NM123....I could have used you on my fireteam!< grin >

Originally Posted by Joe Go View Post
    Get in there and serve your country. I gave 4 years of my life to it and wouldn't have it any other way. I'm a better man because of it. Would I join again...........Hell NO!
    I'm in total concurrance here too.
    Best of luck to you in whatever you choose.

A great day to everyone...
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"