Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by michaeljazz View Post
    You guys won't believe this but....

Originally I had asked if it were a little too ambitious of a goal to want to gain 20lbs of muscle in two months.

Well, it turns out that I've actually gained 26lbs (hopefully of muscle ) in one month!! WOW!

I think I've shattered my goal... SWEET!!!
    Oh, we certainly believe you've gained 26lbs in 4wks.

Um...rock on!
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Oh, we certainly believe you've gained 26lbs in 4wks.

Um...rock on!

The scale doesn't lie bro...
    It can be wrong, I guess, but it certainly doesn't lie
    Last edited by michaeljazz; 08-13-2007 at 10:50 AM.
    My workout sessions are so vicious, so auspicious, and so clankalicious!

*My son, Evan, is HERE!!!* (10/3/07 - 9lbs 12oz 21in)

Take a Repcheck:
    Freakin' Hibs x2
    Booze
    WTex
    Kodlaw

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mornin' everyone...

That sure sounded optimistic to me but I'm certainly no expert and will wish you luck on that goal.

Granted, I'm older than some here but I eat clean and it took me about 1 1/2 years to gain 18#. I started at 167# and am now at 185# or so.
    Just steady, consistant and disciplined workouts with as much intensity as I could muster....and proper encouragment from the 'O35' forum.

Later....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)

Well, it turns out that I've actually gained 26lbs (hopefully of muscle ) in one month!! WOW!
    If you had the best genetics in the world and were on the worlds newest top secret AS stack it wouldn't happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble but look at your pics and look at any of the natural BB competitors on this site and none of them have put on anywhere near 25# of mass in the last year. Your family is stroking your ego.

Check your BF% because it's going up rapidly. I can easily go up 5% without anyone knowing and that's 10 pounds of pure flab.

dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dbx has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The scale doesn't lie bro...
    It can be wrong, I guess, but it certainly doesn't lie
    Seriously, I don't think anyone doubts you gained 26lbs, but I don't think you get it. Go back and carefully read the responses you got when you started the thread asking about the possibility of gaining 20lbs of muscle in 60 days. You're only fooling yourself if you think you just accomplished something good here. At the rate you're going, you will be 100lbs heavier in just 90 more days. Does this sound good to you? In other words, not to rain on your parade, but an educated guess would be that maybe, just maybe, you managed to gain 5lbs of LBM out of the 26 you just gained...in a 4wk period. If someone doesn't tell you this now, you'll be obese in a very short time frame.
    "If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) michaeljazz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks man!
    Perhaps it isn't all muscle that I've gained. I've heard of a symptom called Couvade, where a man develops pregnancy symptoms along with his wife.. including weight gain. This especially occurs when men are particularly sensitive to their wives.

That's me to a tee! I've been nauseous, have had cravings, so it is quite possible that I threw on some extra weight too.

The funny thing though, is that my wife is almost full term, and I hadn't gained a pound until just last month when I started working out.

Also, looking at myself in the mirror, I certainly don't look any fatter than before I started.. but I am noticing changes in my muscular development.

Seems hard to believe, even to myself and my wife. But the numbers are there. I can't explain it!

Take a Repcheck:
    Freakin' Hibs x2
    Booze
    WTex
    Kodlaw

Originally Posted by dbx View Post
    Seriously, I don't think anyone doubts you gained 26lbs, but I don't think you get it. Go back and carefully read the responses you got when you started the thread asking about the possibility of gaining 20lbs of muscle in 60 days. You're only fooling yourself if you think you just accomplished something good here. At the rate you're going, you will be 100lbs heavier in just 90 more days. Does this sound good to you? In other words, not to rain on your parade, but an educated guess would be that maybe, just maybe, you managed to gain 5lbs of LBM out of the 26 you just gained...in a 4wk period. If someone doesn't tell you this now, you'll be obese in a very short time frame.
    Thanks man; no that definitely doesn't sound good! LOL
    I'll take a closer look at my diet and see what the heck is going on.

I'll keep working hard and see where I'm at next month.

Take a Repcheck:
    Freakin' Hibs x2
    Booze
    WTex
    Kodlaw

But the numbers are there. I can't explain it!
    Well, we've tried to, lol. Just keep working hard at it.

Originally Posted by lukamar View Post
    If you had the best genetics in the world and were on the worlds newest top secret AS stack it wouldn't happen.

Sorry to burst your bubble but look at your pics and look at any of the natural BB competitors on this site and none of them have put on anywhere near 25# of mass in the last year. Your family is stroking your ego.

Check your BF% because it's going up rapidly. I can easily go up 5% without anyone knowing and that's 10 pounds of pure flab.
    I will check that out man, thanks. Gotta love family! Definitely good for a man's ego

Those pics up now are a bit outdated; I'll put some new ones up.. but I can see what you're saying.

I'll keep a close eye on my BF.. take a closer look at my diet.. and keep on gettin' me some in the weight room! It's all good!

Take a Repcheck:
    Freakin' Hibs x2
    Booze
    WTex
    Kodlaw

lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000) lukamar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When my wife says to me "you are getting too big to get my arms around" it's not always good news for me.

As most men gain around their waist first there is a quick and nasty and not too accurate way of telling if your BF% is going up or down. I use 2 fingers on the same hand and stretch them from my belly button to the left side of my abdomen, this will always put your reading in the same place. Where it stops I take a caliper reading, but any way to measure the skin-fold would work. I used an automotive in/out gauge for a long time before I bought the calipers I wanted. If it gets thicker I'm putting on weight, if it gets thinner I smile more. I can tell very quickly just by looking now if I'm going up or down. Great for week to week tweaking of your diet.