keithkyp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

trying to get bigger

Hi I'm new to this. Well here's what my goal is. I'm trying to get into shape. I have not been in a gym since '92, so I started lifting weights april'02. I'm 5'8" and 176lbs. My arms are 141/2" and my chest is 38 1/2". My goal is at least 17" arms amd 42" chest. I just started doing incline and decline bench press 155 lbs. and 40lbs dumd bells. Am I on the right track? I eat a lot of peanut butter and beef, I also use creatine monohydrate and six to seven egg whites and orange juice.. I have gotten a little bigger since April but my friend says I should use nitro-tech but it gives me the runs... I hope someone can give me some advise' and let me know if I going in the right direction. thanks....////

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    keithkyp,

Welcome.

Sounds like you are just getting started after a long layoff.
    Great ! Take your time, get a good routine started and get diet in order. Other than a good multi-vitamin and maybe some protein, I'd stay away from most sups til then. Supps are a supplement to a good diet and good routine, not a replacement.
    Otherwise it's a waste of money in my opinion.

Speaking of waste of maney......Nitro-tech is a waste of damn money and you could make a cheaper version yourself.

Education and Dedication are the keys.

Good luck.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Chi_town
    keithkyp,

Supps are a supplement to a good diet and good routine, not a replacement.
    Otherwise it's a waste of money in my opinion.

Speaking of waste of maney......Nitro-tech is a waste of damn money and you could make a cheaper version yourself.

Education and Dedication are the keys.

Good luck.
    I'll second that!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me you are headed in the right direction Keithkyp. Tell us more about your routine, 1. How many days are you going? 2. Whats your split? No. of sets and reps. You don't need to post the whole thing.

As for diet, if you are using creatine I would not take it with orange juice and as for the eggs, do you have something against the yokes? I know I used to do the same thing until someone reminded me half the protein along with some much needed fat is in the yoke. Now I eat the whole thing. Good Luck!
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

keithkyp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply. Well as far as how often I go It's three days a week M,W,F. I do 5 sets of incline and 5 sets of deline with 6-8 reps. The first set I do as many as I can, then the next four set I do the 6-8 reps. In between the sets I do sit-up at least 25-30 reps with a ten lbs weight. (i tried 25 lbs but I could only do 6) I figured that I start out with 10 lbs. and work my way up. Thanks for the help. Keithkyp

IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronWarrior is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Trying supplementing withe some Prolab Nlarge in addition to eating lots of food, and be sure not to overtrain and get lots of rest.

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks good! Can I ask what your split is?
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In da same boat as OP. I'm going to research, but what were some of the names of beginning lifting routines? 5X5 or mad cow??
    "I'm the type to drive to Philly, ta get a cheese steak........

cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cprroy1973 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe you should do a full body beginner routine as I did which really helped get my strength/lifts to a respectable level and put some size on also. I did Starting Strength till all lifts stalled then moved to a intermediate like madcow or bill starr 5x5. My only advice would be to follow the program and EAT and REST well.

If you want the gains to continue then eat at a surplus. I am on madcow and still progressing after 7 weeks. Good luck.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by timitsoo View Post
    In da same boat as OP. I'm going to research, but what were some of the names of beginning lifting routines? 5X5 or mad cow??
    Well after posting this nine years ago I think if he hasn't figured anything out for himself then he never will.

timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10) timitsoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, that was accidental. I didn't mean to bump a 9yo thread. I don't even know how it got my attention on the front page. lol
    "I'm the type to drive to Philly, ta get a cheese steak........