Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    thumbmaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The "Square Jaw" look on bodybuilders..

How do they all have that square jaw? I've read that 'roids contribute to it but i dont see how. Or is it just from a lot of cardio and low carb dieting?

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not to flame but can you step back and look at your Q, what would possess you to ask if tons of cardio and diet caused your facial features to change? Truth is, it's from Growth Hormone
    Chicks dig big calves

jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000) jay81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol

They're mesomorphs, too. A square jaw is a mesomorphic feature.

thumbmaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK, the reason I asked is because I didn't know the answer and was looking for one. If I had known, I wouldnt have asked. but dont worry, no flame-offense taken though.

TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TRICK D has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    carb depletion for sure =)... and maybe some hgh
    Moderator @ another place.

Rep for SK.com

That's how I roll AlxandrTheGreat's Avatar
    AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jay81
    lol

Yup.

I think it's dumb when people say steroids "change jaw structure". Ronnie Coleman doesn't have the squared jaw look like Gunter, or Cutler and he is probably on **** they haven't even heard of! Jaw shape is genetic, though it is possible bones may grow a little on GH, it won't change the general shape of them. Little Dexter is half the size of Coleman but his jaws appear wider than his head!
    Some times you gotta add that poundage, and beat that muscle up!

- Kevin Levrone

bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bdiesel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it just depends on the person. plus when you're all dieted down your skin is like shrink wrap on your face. it makes it look more pronounced.

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlxandrTheGreat
    Yup.

I think it's dumb when people say steroids "change jaw structure". Ronnie Coleman doesn't have the squared jaw look like Gunter, or Cutler and he is probably on **** they haven't even heard of! Jaw shape is genetic, though it is possible bones may grow a little on GH, it won't change the general shape of them. Little Dexter is half the size of Coleman but his jaws appear wider than his head!
    it is genetics insofar as the initial shape, but it is also genetic on how people respond to different chemicals, ronnie has a gut, that may be what is growing for him rather than his forehead and jaw.

AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlxandrTheGreat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by F W Nietszche
    it is genetics insofar as the initial shape, but it is also genetic on how people respond to different chemicals, ronnie has a gut, that may be what is growing for him rather than his forehead and jaw.

Good point. But I have seen so many people with jaws wider than their heads who don't even workout so it's ignorant to look at these pro's facial shapes and blame it on gear.

- Kevin Levrone

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yup.

FYI, Human Growth Hormone DOES lead to bone shape/size changes, particularly in the facial region.

Why do you think so many athletes on HGH suddenly need braces?

No Pain,No Gain..No Shit! LoveThyPain's Avatar
    LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LoveThyPain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check out Tom Platz's jaws.. it looks freakish!!!

R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10) R.Gotti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    not to flame but can you step back and look at your Q, what would possess you to ask if tons of cardio and diet caused your facial features to change? Truth is, it's from Growth Hormone
    thats the right answer GH. side effects.

BonScott69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does JAY LENO take GH? He got a square jaw.His jaw is huge.
    The Overweight Lover

bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jay81
    lol

That's what i thought too...Their low bodyfat % make the jaws more pronounced... Just like you'll never see a fatty with square jaws.

OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100) OogieCarbuckle is not very well liked. (-100)
    I don't know man...check this out...

http://www.thebiguniverse.com/coleman/transform.html

Originally Posted by BonScott69
    Does JAY LENO take GH? He got a square jaw.His jaw is huge.

He used to be a bodybuilder.

- Kevin Levrone

Originally Posted by OogieCarbuckle

Yes I've seen that many times and your point is??

His body has changed obviously but his face looks the same. Despite the retarded face he's making in the 92' pic you can see his facial structure remains the same other than aging taking it's toll. You also gotta think about how much bigger his neck is.. A wide thick neck will give an illusion of a more squared jaw.
    Last edited by AlxandrTheGreat; 12-11-2004 at 07:46 PM.

- Kevin Levrone

Originally Posted by BackInTheJox
    FYI, Human Growth Hormone DOES lead to bone shape/size changes, particularly in the facial region.

Why do you think so many athletes on HGH suddenly need braces?

I never thought athletes on GH suddenly need braces.

Maybe they get braces because they finally have a dental plan.

- Kevin Levrone

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    He used to be a bodybuilder.
    Jay Leno used to be a bber??? hmm post some pics i cant find it.

BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BackInTheJox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I never thought athletes on GH suddenly need braces.

Maybe they get braces because they finally have a dental plan.

Venture over into the world of Track and Field and you'd see what I mean.

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bigcalves
    Jay Leno used to be a bber??? hmm post some pics i cant find it.
    He was joking.

Extreme Powerbuilder Natural Science's Avatar
    Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natural Science has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wacko jacko was a bodybuilder. this and only this can account for his tan skin and pretty blue eyes.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got...

John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Jay's transformation:
    Attached Images

bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bam88 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by John6
    Jay's transformation:
    The face of his shape didn't really change much...

tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tibbatts2000 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, Jay's face looks pretty much the same to me

Build to deadlift. hardcore_freak's Avatar
    hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i always wanted to ask this question, why do Jays face still look so flabby and meaty even though he is ripped to the max come contest time ??
    In comparison, dennis james and dexter's face always look so depleted and their cheek just sunk in when they are ripped ??
    Last edited by hardcore_freak; 12-13-2004 at 04:30 AM.

Eat low-fat at your peril Max Protein's Avatar
    Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Max Protein has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

LOL, that's awesome!!
    You gotta go through hell to get the body made in heaven.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us find ourselves looking up at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
    ---
    Training 4 years...165lbs @ 6.5% bodyfat

badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50) badlad4023 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    ^^^^^ STFU

The square jaw is probably part of the genetic set that bodybuilders have. Its not a coincidence that they all have square jaws. A cardio reference is appropriate in that low bodyfat percentage is likely to display bonestructure of the face.
    Massbattlers I'm:

6'

177lbs

exactly 8.5% bf

After 60 days Metalmilita I'll be:

6'

190+ lbs

exactly 8.5% bf

Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ironager will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I liked him far better at 220 than at 296, it really is a shame.....
    --- Ron Paul 2008!!! ---

Go 'BOOM', like you're saying, "Take a look at this hunk a man."

"That's the ultimate power -- your vocabulary. How you communicate. Study vocabulary. The more words you have, the better you can communicate, and the quicker you can put someone away."

Real men are not available. They are climbing mountains. They are swimming across rivers. What are YOU doing? Browsing a goddamn forum?!?!?!?!!

TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    testosterone can also make your jaw grow so combine that with GH and a wide manly jaw can be yours too
    Sig line can't be a novel