Thread: Dextrose

BigRobbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Dextrose

This might be a bit of a newbie question but here goes I?m currently on a cut diet keeping my carbs low between 50g and 75g (not keto) and my protein to 1g per lb of body weight I?m eating around 2500cals per day (I?m 220 lbs). So here is my question I take creatine ?cell-tech? post work out and it has 75g of dextrose which gives me 75g of carbs in one meal, will this slow my weight loss and if so should I stop taking this product and try another with no dextrose in it. Oh one last question can I take creatine ?cell-tech? on my rest days?

carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That's alot of calories for a cut, you must have a high metabolisum or a heck of a work schedual, I would get fat on 1800.

The only real sups you need are a good multi vitimin, whey powder for protien and fish oil caps. I think if you wander through this site long enough you'll see some others that will bear me out.

CK
    Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock.

Thumbs up

Thank's for the answer carbkilla, I know 2500 is a lot but I have been eating 3000+ for a long time so thought it would be better to cut 500 cals per week instead of dropping to 1800/1900 and shocking my body, I have lost 5lb in the last 2 weeks so will stay at 2500 till my weight slows then will drop another 200/300 cals a day. I only want to lose another 15lb . I take whey, multivits, fish oil tabs. So do you think I should dump the creatine all together?

PS I lift 3 times a week and do cardio on my free days

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Carbs don't make you fat, excess cals do. And taking dex after a workout would be recommended especially considering you arn't eating many carbs to begin with. I hope you arn't reducing your fat consumption, thinking they also make you fat. Good luck.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

Yesterday my diet looked like this

2478cals
    Fat 105g
    carbs 144g (75g from dextrose)
    Protein 240g a little high

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could do just fine with creatine monohydrate and get rid of the extra carbs from sugar. Personally, I stay away from sugar as much as possible unless it is contained in something natural like fruit, but then again, i limit my fruit intake too.

Don
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jgr1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BSN Cell Mass is a similar product that doesn't use sugar. Cell Mass uses a slightly different approach than Cell Tech but shares in the component parts (creatine, electrolytes and immune system boost). You may want to compare the two products to see what fits your needs.

Originally Posted by dmangiarelli View Post
    You could do just fine with creatine monohydrate and get rid of the extra carbs from sugar. Personally, I stay away from sugar as much as possible unless it is contained in something natural like fruit, but then again, i limit my fruit intake too.

Don
    Originally Posted by jgr1 View Post
    BSN Cell Mass is a similar product that doesn't use sugar. Cell Mass uses a slightly different approach than Cell Tech but shares in the component parts (creatine, electrolytes and immune system boost). You may want to compare the two products to see what fits your needs.
    I agree with both you guy's I think I will go with creatine monohydrate with no added sugar I will have a read on the BSN Cell Mass product, I have seen it in my local bb store so can get some advice there thank's again guy's

dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmangiarelli is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just mix the creatine monohydrate with my protein powder. You'll get the same effect.
    WTF? Training for life and other stuff!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=477872611

OTC PCT Guide
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108385101

PH/DS Research? Start Here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109153431

+++ Mirror Whore Coalition +++

Do what you always did, Get what you always got...

Do or do not, there is no try...

Owe:

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personally, I never skip PWO carbs...to me they are more important than protein (I take in a lot of protein evenly through the day, so it's not as big a concern for me). Even when dieting for a show, I alwys save at least 50g of carbs for PWO. Dextrose is fine...so is Malto-dextrin. However, I much prefer waxy maize...I think it has made dex and malto obsolete IMO. Add your creatine and 15-20g of BCAA's into the waxy maize and you have a powerful PWO combo.

Originally Posted by Mr. Someday View Post
    Personally, I never skip PWO carbs...to me they are more important than protein (I take in a lot of protein evenly through the day, so it's not as big a concern for me). Even when dieting for a show, I alwys save at least 50g of carbs for PWO. Dextrose is fine...so is Malto-dextrin. However, I much prefer waxy maize...I think it has made dex and malto obsolete IMO. Add your creatine and 15-20g of BCAA's into the waxy maize and you have a powerful PWO combo.
    I take carbs PWO in the form of oats (43g carbs) followed by a whey protein shake I was mixing my creatine with the whey but it was giving me a further 75g of carbs from the Dextrose so if I just add creatine monohydrate with no dex to my whey (same as dmangiarelli above) i should be fine.
    ps. I prefer oats for my carbs as they are real food