ChristinB916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help me with my cereal addiction

Okay...this has been going on for a while. I am simply addicted to cereal!!! This morning I tried to have 1 cup of Kashi Organic Promise and somehow... don't know exactly how... it turned into 2 bowls. I'm just really hungry when I wake up sometimes and I can't stop EATING ahh!!! Does anyone else have a problem with overeating or have any clue how to stop. I hate it when I do it. Thanks a bunch!

Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    WHy not eat something with protein first, like an omlete, then some cereal (or better yet oatmeal). You should feel more full after the protein.

Cereal isn't all horrible--but some has a lot of sugar which will only make you more hungry.

I eat some organic oat and huney cereal--usually after my workout, when I can use some of the simple sugar!

LadyLean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with Ms. Lucy.
    Have protein and carbs with your breakfast.
    I eat egg whites and oatmeal with soymilk. Of course, don't eat the oatmeal that comes with the cinnamon and maple etc... Eat plain 'ole oatmeal. You can sweeten it with sugar substitutes if you want to. This is my favorite breakfast.
    I'm always hungry when I wake up. It's because you haven't fed yourself all night.
    If you must have your cereal, couple that with egg whites and fruit. Don't go for another bowl. There are some really great cereals out there, you just have to read the labels.
    "I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is 14 days" - Totie Fields

Well what about a packet of original oatmeal with a sugar substitite in it and then some egg whites. Do I need to add fruit for sure and if so what is the best kind to add... sorry for all the questions. My goal is weight loss.

Sometimes even the original oatmeal in the packets have sugar in them. Just make sure you read the label.
    Fruit that would be good to help you fill up would be an apple, for sure. Any kind of fruit is good for you. You could add blueberries or raspberries in your oatmeal if you wanted. You are not required to add fruit in the morning, but for effective fat loss, you'll want to incorporate as many fruits and vegetables in your meal plan as possible. They fill you up due to the fiber content and they have loads of nutrients that are good for you.
    ...and no need to apologize for the questions. It's better to ask and get the right answers than to wing it and not be sure.

haha good point on the questions.... okay this is just a shot in the dark but i like cold cereal.... what about wheat puffs??? They have no sugar and they are low in calories and carbs. Could I eat that instead of oatmeal and add fruits?

You can eat any kind of cereal that you enjoy eating as long as it's not loaded with sugar. Something that has Bran or Fiber in the name would be a good pick because these tend to not have loads of sugar.
    If Wheat Puffs does not have sugar in it, I would go for those. Sugar turns into fat too easily so the less sugar the cereal has (or no sugar at all), the better.

ali35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I totally agree with the protein suggstions.

I used to eat cereal or frozen waffles for breakfast and I, too, was addicted to cereal. I used to call myself a "cerealitarian" Because that was all I ate!

One day I just started having eggs and toast for breakfast and it's worked out perfectly! I no longer have the craving for so many carbs in the morning and I'm filled up just fine.

Since upping the protein in my diet I've also noticed that I get far fewer headaches and I've made big progress in the way my muscles look.

I think that the eggs and cereal idea is good and it might work for me... I just don't really prefer eggwhites in the morning. I usually eat them on top of a salad for lunch or dinner. Since I tend to "overeat" especially in the morning on cereal... wouldn't it be better to eat wheatpuffs since they are so low in calories? I'm trying to lose weight so calories in must be less than calories out!! Oh and if ya'll have any suggestions on how I can quit overeating period that would be great too. I just don't notice that I do it until i'm so full I feel sick! ughhhh!!! thanks a bunch.... oh and if ya'll know anything about stacker2 i posted a question in the supplement section but haven't gotten responses and i really want some input about it

If you don't want egg whites in the morning, don't force yourself to eat them or you will not be able to stick to a good eating plan. If you want to eat Wheat Puffs, you can, just make sure they fill you up. It would be good to add a protein source, however. I know for me, egg whites nuked for about 1 minute or 2 (depending on how many I decide to eat) really hit the spot. They are fluffier than if you use the stove. Couple that with rolled oats mixed with soymilk and I'm good to go for two hours.
    If you use www.fitday.com every day, it will help you realize what foods are causing the problem. Be honest about it or you will not find the culprit.
    Eat every 2-3 hours and eat small portions.
    Ask youself this:
    Will this food actually nourish me? What does it do for my muscles? My bones? My skin? My hair? My eyes? Is this something that I could see a fitness pro eating?
    I usually eat about a cup or two of food every two hours (breakfast is much bigger since I went without food for 6-8 hours), but I make sure I have plenty of protein and good carbs (like veggies) each time.