hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hockmasm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how do you reduce stomach fat?

i am pretty thin....but my stomach is poking out some since i use to drink a lot on the weekends.

i have now cut that hobby out of my life and joined the gym. been working out for 3 weeks now.

how do i get rid of this bloated looking stomach and get it to be flat and tight like other people's on this forum?? i'd say i onlyhave to lose up to 2 inches at most.
    Books I've Read/Recommend
    Starting Strength (2nd Ed.)
    Power Training: Build Bigger, Stronger Muscles with through Performance-based Conditioning

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its called cutting..eat less, hit the weights, and at 154, please don't eat less, just hit the weights.

IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IRONMANN1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hehehe 6'1" 154 and your worried about belly fat.

liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it's called being skinny fat, do a clean bulk, put on some mass then cut a year later

bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat clean and healthy 5-6 times a day, exercise often including high intensity cardio a few times a week.
    "Always act as though it were impossible to fail." -Anonymous

liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) liverpool4ever has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the dude doess not need cardio he needs to eat to gain some muscles lol

Gohome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll find if you eat smaller meals 5 - 6 times a day...your metabolism will skyrocket and you'll burn more cal. Wouldnt recommend the cardio at 6'1. Just hit that weight pile man. Go heavy. No sets above 8 - 10 reps. Except maybe a rep out set.....
    Take that sh*t somewhere else...jabronee.

MontanaPT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ding ding....work your abs. but yeh dont worry your skinny eat some more and start throwing around some iron

Registered User C6Corvette4Life's Avatar
    C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cardio/Diet. You can do all the ab exercises in the world but that doesn't help reduce stomach fat. Only Cardio/Diet does the job.

bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigguy29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well cardio might not be the best idea, but it will work for him...the way to get rid of the stomach fat is diet and cardio/lifting.
    "Always act as though it were impossible to fail." -Anonymous

Registered User C6Corvette4Life's Avatar
    C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) C6Corvette4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^^^
    True, I only work abs once a week. Not to brag but my abs are looking pretty good, but I owe it to the pretty strict diet/cardio/lifting routine I do.

weber.tyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weber.tyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weber.tyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm having the same bellyfat issue, just in different proportions heheh. So even for someone like myself with a bit more to go its better to up the cardio and diet to lose the fat? Will doing abs impede that?

SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidSnake84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im extremely light but look like i am more muscular than people would think due to cutting up.

what worked for me is...well im short to begin with so that helps at my light bodyweight...but i do pretty much 90 % of my weight training at 5 reps and 3 sets for each exercise...and try to add 5 lbs every week if i can get it...this eventually equals very heavy weight being used. lifting this heavy burns up fat so that ur metabolism is revving for 24 hrs afterward...stick with heavy ass compounds

another thing is to do weighted abs exercises...they bring out the abs more...remember they still need to be built even if ur low in bodyfat, just like any other muscle...they wont look good shredded if they arent built. or else every skinny 15 year old would look great, but they just look scrawny...not what you want

another thing...try doing 2 days of cardio a week...you dont need any more cuz ur so light, and you should focus on putting on mass...but 2 days will help burn fat...id do one day of low intensity for long distance...like a 5 mile jog...then the other cardio day, do high intensity aka...sprints for 20 minutes

for me, this keeps me shredded (along with a fairly sound diet, high in protein, carbs pre and post workout and in mornings, and some good fats)...come mid august, i plan on stepping up my calorie intake and bulking so i can hit like 180 and then work on cutting to 167-170 for next summer...but right now this keeps my abs maintained

btw, dont cut out cardio just because youre light...cardio is good for overall health, also (IMO) helps get rid of lactic acid buildup from a prior workout, and eventually lets you recover faster, and gets blood flowing better so that you have better bloodflow for your workouts, are healthier, etc...if you want to bulk up, you can still do cardio and gain mass, if you arent you arent eating enough or you might be doing excessive cardio...for your size, id say 20-30 min a day is plenty, but no need to cut it out all together. good luck
    Snake's New Diabetic Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130722163
    Snakes BB Quest!Begun 8/24/06 http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=882015

PR's@ BW 135 lb:
    Fl Bnch:175x5x3 sets;180x3*ATG Sqts:185x5x3 sets*DL:275x1;250x4x2 sets*Dips:+100 lbX6;+55 lbX20*Pllups/Chns:+25 lbX5 for 4 sets*BB Bt Ovr Rws:170x5*Wghtd Cardio:2 mi. jog w/ 45 lb bkpk*3 mi. walk w/ 55 lb bkpk

**RapeBacks 3k+**