bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100)

starting dogg crapp

After years of training in a somewhat "arnorld fashion" (high # of sets), I have decided to give this dogg crapp thing a try. I have been doing it a few weeks and all is going well and I am hoping that results will come in time. I was hoping that those of you who have used this traing method could give me some of the exercises that seemed to work well for you. For example, the incline barbell seems to feel great but not so with the dumbell. I guess thats because its so hard to get that first rep up during the rest/pause phases. Anyway, I some of you could list some of your favorite lifts for this type of training it would be much appreciated!

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I was using DC I did.

chest - incline press, incline db, hammer strength bench
    tris - skulls, pressdown, cg bench
    delts - db press, bb military, smith military
    back (w) - pullups, pulldowns, chins
    back (t) - deads, bb row, cable row
    bis - preacher curl, bb curl, concentration curl
    forearms - hammer curl, wrist curl, reverse wrist curl
    quads - squats, leg press, hack squat
    hams - standing leg curl, seated leg curl, lying leg curl
    calves - standing calf, seated calf, calves with leg press machine
    Last edited by IronMike; 12-03-2004 at 12:56 PM.

MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MT! has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    forgot stiff legged deadlift for hams unless you just don't like them.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Big UNIT: I read and re-read that whole humongous post by DoggCrapp two times and I have to say, that although it is certainly a break from an Arnold format, if you notice and he stresses this several times, that on many of the lifts, it is necessary to do quite a few "warmup" sets.....

in the Squatting example, I believe he had the guy doing 4 or 5 warmups before getting to the all out set.....

so if you think about it: if you do say, on the average, 3 warmups per movement, and since you are doing 5 exercises per workout, that could still be 4 times 5 for 20 sets total for the workout....

YES: quite a lot less than 20 per body part...but it is NOT a very very abbreviated workout ala Mentzer.....

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    for rest-pausing w/ dbs, try using powerhooks to save some of the burden.
    <->

Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI
    Big UNIT: I read and re-read that whole humongous post by DoggCrapp two times and I have to say, that although it is certainly a break from an Arnold format, if you notice and he stresses this several times, that on many of the lifts, it is necessary to do quite a few "warmup" sets.....

in the Squatting example, I believe he had the guy doing 4 or 5 warmups before getting to the all out set.....

so if you think about it: if you do say, on the average, 3 warmups per movement, and since you are doing 5 exercises per workout, that could still be 4 times 5 for 20 sets total for the workout....

YES: quite a lot less than 20 per body part...but it is NOT a very very abbreviated workout ala Mentzer.....
    Umm, if you only do two warmup sets for a 500 deadlift, ill see you in the hospital.
    ~ BMBc ~ Ballin' since the start.....

ARE YOU IN THE RED? Click --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1811391

^^ And if you got reps to spare check out my thread of people who need them.^^

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Cosmonaut
    Umm, if you only do two warmup sets for a 500 deadlift, ill see you in the hospital.
    when i've done my heavy deadlifts (500/600pds) i've never had any warmups (Aside from pullups/chins done before, since i'd put rack pulls/rows after them)
    <->

Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cosmonaut is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    when i've done my heavy deadlifts (500/600pds) i've never had any warmups (Aside from pullups/chins done before, since i'd put rack pulls/rows after them)
    :P
    ~ BMBc ~ Ballin' since the start.....

ARE YOU IN THE RED? Click --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1811391

^^ And if you got reps to spare check out my thread of people who need them.^^

Originally Posted by Cosmonaut
    :P
    <->

In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you Squat 600, you will do 4-6 warm up sets, very low reps, these are just warm ups, we do not waste any energy here, a guy Squating 200 will need only 1-3 warm up sets, we save it for that all out workset, nothing like doing high volume...

In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) In-Human has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So think about it, when you do the high volume workouts, is every set you do a workset?, of course its not...

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    how many times have you been injured again?
    neg reds on sight crew

Originally Posted by Rocky_Maivia
    how many times have you been injured again?
    but, 0 back injuries (other than the one from golfing years ago that put me out for a damng long time)
    <->

bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100) bigunit66 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    for rest-pausing w/ dbs, try using powerhooks to save some of the burden.

Unfortunately I dont have access to any powerhooks at my gym, however I'm sure they wouldn't mind if i bought them for them(ha). Thanks for some of the responses guys. I have to say though that I have been at this for 3-4 weeks now and am a little disapointed. My arms have shrank nearly 1/4 of an inch and I have not really seen much for gains; so my question now is if any of you have experienced anything similar with this program or if it just takes a few weeks/months to notice both size and strenght gains.Thanks.

Originally Posted by bigunit66
    Unfortunately I dont have access to any powerhooks at my gym, however I'm sure they wouldn't mind if i bought them for them(ha). Thanks for some of the responses guys. I have to say though that I have been at this for 3-4 weeks now and am a little disapointed. My arms have shrank nearly 1/4 of an inch and I have not really seen much for gains; so my question now is if any of you have experienced anything similar with this program or if it just takes a few weeks/months to notice both size and strenght gains.Thanks.
    I am sure you have your diet not quite right for this program, you have to eat like you have never eaten before in your life...

Originally Posted by bigunit66
    sounds like diet for sure. changes should be almost noticeable after a week or two.
    <->

Sammich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing DC for a little over a month now, and I've been using these:

Chest: Flat DB Press, Incline Smith Press, Flat BB Press

Back Width: Wide-Grip Pulldowns, Hammer-Strength Reverse-Grip Pulldowns, Medium-Grip Hammer-Grip Pulldowns

Back Thickness: Deadlifts, Bent BB Rows, Rack Deadlifts

Quads: Full Squats, Front Squats, Sled Hack Squats

Hams: Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, Lying Leg Curl, Seated Leg Curl

Calves: Donkey Calf Raises, Standing Calf Raises, Seated Calf Raises

Triceps: Close-Grip Bench Press, Cable Pressdowns, Incline Skullcrushers

Biceps: BB Curl, DB Curl, Machine Preacher Curl

Forearms: DB Hammer Curl, EZ-BB Curl (15° Camber), EZ-BB Curl (45° Camber)

milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milo34 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by In-Human
    I am sure you have your diet not quite right for this program, you have to eat like you have never eaten before in your life...
    bump. how can you not gain when eating the amount of calories recommended by DC?

Originally Posted by milo34
    bump. how can you not gain when eating the amount of calories recommended by DC?

This is the main problem in lifters today, diet, everyone wants to keep their abs and god forbid don't want to gain fat, so in turn they eat far below the protein requirements their body needs to gain muscle, amino acids make muscle. If you are 180 and you want to be 200, then you best be eating like a 220 lb guy, you must eat your way to that next level.

The idea of gaining weight is not just that, its adding as much muscle to your frame without adding BF and decreasing it as you grow in the shortest amount of time...

As far as the diet is concerned, yes I am not following dc diet. I began cutting when I started this program in hopes that the change in exercise pattern would be enough to counter-act the drop in calories...I guess its not. I will probable continue to diet for another six weeks as I have another 8lbs to lose and then attempt to stay at or just above maintanence level. I am dieting bc I start fire acedemy in january and need to drop some extra weight and I also thought that this program would be good to do during acedemy so I am not sore as hell all the time.

eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eru is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by In-Human
    You aren't doing Doggcrapp unless you are eating Doggcrapp and it tastes GOOD.

Originally Posted by eru
    You aren't doing Doggcrapp unless you are eating Doggcrapp and it tastes GOOD.
    Clever, did that just come to you or did you have to think about it?