ryu3334444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face protein shakes give me gas!

lol. well first let me say hello all! my name is ryu.im new to bbuilding.com. i have been lifting on and off (basicly not doing it right at all) for the past few years. i never saw any gains so never stuck w/it that long. but i gained like 20 pounds while i was living in japan and that really motivated me to start working out and going all out! i got all the protein and ceatine stuff. and will start loading tomorrow. i wanted to see how the protein shake was so i tried it today. THAT **** GAVE ME FREAKIN GAS!!! no bull ****!it kinda gave me the runs a little too lol. can this be stopped??? i needed to squat 3 times while i was at work today!and that shake really started to taste like **** after the first half. im using the prolab chocholate. i think i might just take two scoops in the morning and two at night and have a 50 gram protein bar. that would put me at around a hundred grams.im 142-3 pounds and im 5'9 (yes i know im a skinny ass!) so i guess i will find the other 50 grams of protein i need from the foods i eat. anyways. do you guys get gas too?P&L

ripperstrife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont use a blender.

i didnt. i used a "hand shaker" thingy. bodybuilding.com sent it to me free w/all the other crap i bought from them.i think ill just cut down the intake.i drank 4 scoops in the morning. i think i might do 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what kind of protein is it? Do you mix it with milk? you might be lactose intolerant. or maybe it's just the fact that we're asian

dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000) dsade is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Try switching to a Whey Isolate, like Syntrax's Nectar or Prima Force's Substance.

I get no gas at all from these.
    "Blood, Sweat, and Tears doesn't mean crying while you struggle to put your tampon in." ~dsade

ThermoGum...Just Chew It!

---ACCELERATED gains * increased MASS = unstoppable FORCE--- Know your physics for maximum performance.
    "Don't you know there ain't no Devil, there's just God when he's drunk" -Tom Waits

"The only question is...which is to be Master? That is all." - Lewis Carroll

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand

Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bugsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    RYU, give it a few days to get used to it. It screws up a lot of peoples stomachs when they first start taking it....kinda like drinking milk for the first time after a long period of time.

Bugs

thanks for the help guys. im using prolab nlarge2 choco. im not going to be switching brands because i just got 10 pounds of this stuff!lol. i took less today and wasnt that bad at all. im going to take two scoops in the morning and two at night for a lil while. i also think i may need to get "used" to it.im also going to switch to soymilk.in case im lactoretarded.im also "shaking" much slower so not to make bubbles and stuff. ill try a diff brand when im done w/this stuff. thanks alot guys!peace

w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w i c k e d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Especially since that product is a weight gainer(correct me if I'm wrong), that would probably be one of the main reasons it would gas you up.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ya I switched from dymatize to Primiforce and have noticed a big difference in gas etc, I am lactose intolerent so it made a big diff switching to an isolate
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    use whey isolate

ok next time ill use whey isolate. what do youguys use? i want the good stuff but i dont want spend money on just a brand. what do you guys use for whey isolate? (im using prolab nlarge2) thanks

mrbombastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbombastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may have lactose intolerance (go check with your doctor), like I do.

Several solution:
    1) Replace your whey to whey isolate, and ask the guy in the store how many percent of lactose in it. The only Whey Isolate that I use is "Isopreme" from Ultimate Nutrition, and it tastes pretty good.
    2) Buy lactase enzym, take 500mg 10-20 minutes before drinking milk or anything that contains lactose.
    3) Eat lots lots lots of fiber (e.g: grains) before you drink milk or your whey.

Originally Posted by ryu3334444
    thanks for the help guys. im using prolab nlarge2 choco.
    Mr. Bombastic

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mrbombastic
    You may have lactose intolerance (go check with your doctor), like I do.

Several solution:
    1) Replace your whey to whey isolate, and ask the guy in the store how many percent of lactose in it. The only Whey Isolate that I use is "Isopreme" from Ultimate Nutrition, and it tastes pretty good.
    2) Buy lactase enzym, take 500mg 10-20 minutes before drinking milk or anything that contains lactose.
    3) Eat lots lots lots of fiber (e.g: grains) before you drink milk or your whey.

more likely he is not lactose intolerant as this is pretty easy to catch and it would have surfaced early in life. I suspect he is allergic to the whole alpha and beta lactalbumins in whey protein. So whey isolate would be the solution as the WPI process hydrolyzes these peptides