Khelben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have pain in my left shoulder blade during chest exercises? Is this normal?

Whenever I do chest exercises like dumbbell flies or dumbbell press whether in decline, flat, or incline. I feel an extreme discomfort in my left shoulder blade especially during chest flies but also in every other chest exercises. It sometimes prevents me from doing more reps. What is this muscle called? Do you think it's just that my left shoulder blade are has been underworked and will eventually heal? I'm sure I have correct form when doing these exercises it's just my left one that hurts.

Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Monstai2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Khelben View Post
    Whenever I do chest exercises like dumbbell flies or dumbbell press whether in decline, flat, or incline. I feel an extreme discomfort in my left shoulder blade especially during chest flies but also in every other chest exercises. It sometimes prevents me from doing more reps. What is this muscle called? Do you think it's just that my left shoulder blade are has been underworked and will eventually heal? I'm sure I have correct form when doing these exercises it's just my left one that hurts.
    Describe the pain, is it sharp or an ache?

take this! HAAAAATERS! johno_66's Avatar
    johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johno_66 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe its your r cuff?

BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BuildKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Show where on a picture of a chest

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does it SOUND like that would be a normal thing?
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

Khelben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Umm it's a dull pain and it's right on the area where your shoulder blade is.
    But it gets really bothersome when I do chest flies.

http://www.sportfit.com/tips/rotator...ages/zback.gif

basically like that picture but on the other side.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Khelben; 07-16-2007 at 04:18 PM.

logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you just have an overworked muscle. I had that about 2 weeks ago and took about 5 days off until the pain was very minimal, I continued to lift and it went away!