Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tired of being called skinny!

Im tired of being called skinny, i am skinny but when i take off my shirt i do have muscles but not the type that you go damn just the type that u go not bad body. I havent been working out for long but i know i havent had a good routine and good excercises. I need your guys help im tired of my friends talkin sh*t like they talk about this and that and i give them advice and they say im weak. and the funny thing is i beat them in arm wrestling and regular wrestling but back to the point. i have been working out wrong and wanna get my workouts set properly.

can someone create a total workout for me like for every body part and what excercises to do, i dont hve all the equipment needed but te basics like , bench, barbells,dumbells basically most of the stuff i need beside fancy equip.

i will really appreciate your guys help just take 5 minutes out of your day to help me please i need to start learning somewhere and i have been searching. I also play football so please consider that, i dont need to worry about sprints or nothin i can do that on my free time or whenever im not lifting, i really appreciate it thank you i will rep you alot and really apprecaite it.
    Faster than ANYONE here!

SkinnyTallGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Elitelifts begginer guide is a good place to start. Basically its about eating alot and compound exercises.
    6'2
    - 176lbs Aug 29 2004 Week 1
    - 182lbs Sept 6 2004 Week 2
    - 187lbs Sept 27 2004 Week 4
    - 192lbs Oct 6 2004 Week 5
    - 195lbs Oct 24 2004 Week 8
    - 197lbs Nov 7 2004 Week 10

DavisWR31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Start off just doing simple exercises, Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts, and Barbell curls to start off with.

xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xlr8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DavisWR31
    Start off just doing simple exercises, Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts, and Barbell curls to start off with.
    ive been doing the basic excericises already for the past 2 months and havent seen many gains, ive only seened very little gains. Ive been benching, curling, squatting, the basic excercises pretty much. I have a decent build genetically and since im an athlete that helped but i want to get into a more advanced routine but have no clue how to set one up.
    Faster than ANYONE here!

Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=150447

Take two and call me in the morning.

Originally Posted by Torquer
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=150447

Take two and call me in the morning.
    ive read that thing already and it doesnt give me an exact routine i need. You cant take 5 minutes and give me a routine stop being rude also im not a begging i been working out for 2-3 months.
    Faster than ANYONE here!

Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000)
    i hope ur training to momentary muscle failure....u can also try H.I.T. .... it works wonders
    We can rebuild him, Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

brusky.4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds like you know what you have to do and just have trouble motivating yourself.

Hint: Think of your friends that dont think anything of you and your body/building as fuel when you are hesitant about working out or doing what you need to do. This should help get you in the gym and kitchen

good luck

sorry about not making you a routine or diet but im just starting too and perfecting my own routine and food intake

Originally Posted by brusky.4
    Sounds like you know what you have to do and just have trouble motivating yourself.

Hint: Think of your friends that dont think anything of you and your body/building as fuel when you are hesitant about working out or doing what you need to do. This should help get you in the gym and kitchen

good luck

sorry about not making you a routine or diet but im just starting too and perfecting my own routine and food intake
    its ok i appreciate your help ... i am motivating myself but i know im not motivating myself as hard as i can, its just that i dont have ALL the equipment but i have the necessary its just i dont have a good routine set up ima have to find a good one before i become big i guess
    Faster than ANYONE here!

brusky.4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thats good to hear...

they key is consistency and thats all you need. be consistent in your food being healthy, gettin a proper amount of water, sleep, and exercise (of course you want to keep changing your workout to keep shocking your body)

For equipment all you really need is your bodyweight and some freeweights and a washer and dryer for dips Just spread the two apart and do your dips and push em back when your done.

if you have an undeveloped basement or any exposed rafters in your house/garage you can rig up a chin-up bar for probably nothing using hockey sticks/rope/and duct tape. This causes crazy callouses but hey they're worth it.

Your abs you can hit just by doing weighted situps once or twice a week, and for legs just grab something decently heavy such as a sandbag in each arm (this is awesome for increasing hand and forearm size and stamina)

this is the cheapest supplies list i have ever seen and used it myself before i got a bench.

ooh and remember to hit every muscle 1nce per week

Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ya gotta EAT BIG to GET BIG
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 132.2

Weight Weekly:
    Week 1: 132.2

Time to get work done!

Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Torquer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xlr8
    ive read that thing already and it doesnt give me an exact routine i need. You cant take 5 minutes and give me a routine stop being rude also im not a begging i been working out for 2-3 months.
    Do I have to ****ing take your hand and walk you through this? You obviously didn't read the thread, you ignorant little ****, or you would have stumbled across this post within it:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...78&postcount=5

Now, stfu and get to work.

Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Body_Builder88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am the same way, everyone thinks I am small but yet they do not understand that I do have alot of muscle being around 6% body fat. The thing is I have a pretty good routine/diet and have been making incredible gains. I just keep my mouth shut because eventually I will be by far bigger then them....just let them enjoy it for the moment.

lifthefridge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont yell at him...
    a good idea is just figure out how many days you want to workout then go to bodybuilders workouts and see what the main body parts most people are using for however many days you want to workout then just go to
    http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm
    or
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    and figure out what exercises you could do with those body parts...

we can't really help you out if we dont know what can of equipment you have...
    trust me if you keep working out you'll see gains...im skinny to but Im already seeing gains in just a week
    Weight-124 Pounds
    Height-5"11
    Goal By End of Year: 132 Pounds

Originally Posted by lifthefridge
    dont yell at him...
    a good idea is just figure out how many days you want to workout then go to bodybuilders workouts and see what the main body parts most people are using for however many days you want to workout then just go to
    http://www.bsu.edu/webapps/strengthlab/home.htm
    or
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    and figure out what exercises you could do with those body parts...

we can't really help you out if we dont know what can of equipment you have...
    trust me if you keep working out you'll see gains...im skinny to but Im already seeing gains in just a week
    Wtf did you just say?

derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude...if ur doin everythin good, perfect form, high instensity...its comin down to your diet...

im a kid as well, and its very difficult to get that in check...but yeah...basically EAT BIG, but EAT CLEAN...ull see the gains....

Originally Posted by derek1986
    dude...if ur doin everythin good, perfect form, high instensity...its comin down to your diet...

im a kid as well, and its very difficult to get that in check...but yeah...basically EAT BIG, but EAT CLEAN...ull see the gains....
    Do you teens even read the first ****ing post anymore? He's not asking about any of that, HE WANT A ****ING ROUTINE HWY THE **** ARE YOU ADVANCING ON TO DIET WHEN HE IS STILL ASKING FOR A ROUTINE> WTF????

Do you teens even read the first ****ing post anymore? He's not asking about any of that, HE WANT A ****ING ROUTINE HWY THE **** ARE YOU ADVANCING ON TO DIET WHEN HE IS STILL ASKING FOR A ROUTINE> WTF????
    thanks you all i apprecaite it. I know my diet isnt very good but i dont think its that big of a factor, i mean i know people who have the most garabge diet ever and theyre still huge, it all comes down to the workout i think the workout is more important than the diet but yes i will get my diet in check soon.
    Faster than ANYONE here!

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    great friends you got there...

definately start off on a bulking diet then..dont stray to weight gainers tho, too much sugar.. (equates to fat)

dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dwasson85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks you all i apprecaite it. I know my diet isnt very good but i dont think its that big of a factor, i mean i know people who have the most garabge diet ever and theyre still huge, it all comes down to the workout i think the workout is more important than the diet but yes i will get my diet in check soon.
    Diet is a HUGE part of this sport, but so is genetics. My best friend could eat 6lbs of pure lard daily and still have a six-pack. Me, on the other hand... I have to lower my calorie intake, hit the cardio like a madman, and cut like it's for a competition to really see my abs. What accounts for this huge discrepency? Our genetics. Sure, those guys may be huge, but are they as cut as you? There's a powerlifter at my home gym who can do 400+lb military presses, but I doubt you could pick out any specific muscle on his body by sight.

It seems like you're an ectomorph. You're naturally very skinny, and as a result, cut. I'd advise you to take in ~1gram of protein for each pound you weigh. If you weigh 150lbs, take in 150g of protein. It'll be hard at first, but you'll get used to the food.

Most people would agree that a solid split is... Day 1 - legs; Day 2 - shoulders and traps; Day 3 - back and bis; Day 4 - chest and tris. Then, you fit in abs when you can.
    Memento Mori

Only at bodybuilding.com would there be thousands of fans of bodybuilding who refuse to admit that bodybuilders use steroids. If you think steroids are cheating, follow a sport that is regulated by the WDA.

Originally Posted by dwasson85
    Diet is a HUGE part of this sport, but so is genetics. My best friend could eat 6lbs of pure lard daily and still have a six-pack. Me, on the other hand... I have to lower my calorie intake, hit the cardio like a madman, and cut like it's for a competition to really see my abs. What accounts for this huge discrepency? Our genetics. Sure, those guys may be huge, but are they as cut as you? There's a powerlifter at my home gym who can do 400+lb military presses, but I doubt you could pick out any specific muscle on his body by sight.

It seems like you're an ectomorph. You're naturally very skinny, and as a result, cut. I'd advise you to take in ~1gram of protein for each pound you weigh. If you weigh 150lbs, take in 150g of protein. It'll be hard at first, but you'll get used to the food.

Most people would agree that a solid split is... Day 1 - legs; Day 2 - shoulders and traps; Day 3 - back and bis; Day 4 - chest and tris. Then, you fit in abs when you can.
    thanks guys ... yea im an ecto morph sort of i have realy hard time gaining weight and my body fat is only around 5% probably more now but ill take ur protein advice thanks and the other advice
    Faster than ANYONE here!

crunch_a_munch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crunch_a_munch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im tired of being called skinny, i am skinny but when i take off my shirt i do have muscles but not the type that you go damn just the type that u go not bad body. I havent been working out for long but i know i havent had a good routine and good excercises. I need your guys help im tired of my friends talkin sh*t like they talk about this and that and i give them advice and they say im weak. and the funny thing is i beat them in arm wrestling and regular wrestling but back to the point. i have been working out wrong and wanna get my workouts set properly.

can someone create a total workout for me like for every body part and what excercises to do, i dont hve all the equipment needed but te basics like , bench, barbells,dumbells basically most of the stuff i need beside fancy equip.

i will really appreciate your guys help just take 5 minutes out of your day to help me please i need to start learning somewhere and i have been searching. I also play football so please consider that, i dont need to worry about sprints or nothin i can do that on my free time or whenever im not lifting, i really appreciate it thank you i will rep you alot and really apprecaite it.
    dude, in your situation.. u just need to eat as much as you can if you really
    are THAT skinny and THAT desperate to be bigger. dont do any cardio, just
    lift weights and then sit in a chair in your kitchen and eat all day.. seriously.
    eat whatever you have- ice cream, fried chicken, milk, eggs, u name it.

derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derek1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    plz go back to school or start researchin...

workin out is a huge part of it, and i aint buildin you a workout routine, do it yourself, everyone is different...

but the second huge hurdle is your diet...it is...do not even question that, i would say in my opinion...working out is only 55% of the battle, the other 45% is diet
    6'2 215lbs ~Less than 10% bf
    Eat, lift, life. If you're not eating, your not gaining.
    Knowledge > Estats, Elifts, pictures.

the only cardio i do is walk a little because of school and i also like twice a week run playin football for a few hours, and ride my bike a little. But ima have to start running and get in football condition soon in a few weeks so i have to bulk up before then i guess
    Faster than ANYONE here!

MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50) MonsterBulk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    xlr8

Hey bro, as a fellow ectomorph trying to gain weight here are somethings that i did that helped me gain 18lbs. I went from 110 - 128.

1) Eat Breakfast - I noticed that when u eat breakfast...you get hungrier during the day, which leads u to eat more.

2) First try and get 5 meals in each day, try to eat a lot but not to the point where you are bloaded, but only to the point where u are satisfied. Eat every 2 - 3 hours

3) Dont worry much about calories yet, just make sure you are eating 5 - 6 meals each day. When u are able to do that then worry about calories intake

4) Eat whatever you want to eat.

5) I bought 100% Whey protein, and i drink it everytime i get home from school

6) Heres my split
    Monday - Chest and triceps
    Wednesday - Biceps, shoulders and traps
    Friday - Leg day

7) GET A LOT OF SLEEP

8) Get an empty gallon of milk bottle and fill it up with water. Try and drink that much everyday, bring it wherever u go (In the house) youll find urself drinking even tho u dont want to.

9) Motivate yourself, think of what you will look like in 5 months.

the only cardio i do is walk a little because of school and i also like twice a week run playin football for a few hours, and ride my bike a little. But ima have to start running and get in football condition soon in a few weeks so i have to bulk up before then i guess
    cardio=enemy for skinny dudes tryin to bulk, keep it to a minimum....only way i can bulk
    6'2 215lbs ~Less than 10% bf
    Eat, lift, life. If you're not eating, your not gaining.
    Knowledge > Estats, Elifts, pictures.

thanks guys ill take all this advice in
    Faster than ANYONE here!

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay, the fist thing you have to realize is:

Of course you're muscles are not so that everyone goes "damn!" when they see you. Because you ARE indeed skinny!
    You're a beginner so you won't see rapid changes in size at first, but you should make some good progress in your weights.

Diet is at least as important as lifting itself.

Stick to basic weights, just as you did so far. Those will bring the mass to you.

I can give you two splits right now: The first one is the one I'm doing right now, the second one is the one I did before.
    I'll also write some exercises to each day, without any set schemes.

Monday: Chest / Abs
    Tuesday: Back / Traps / Calves
    Wednesday: Abs / (CARDIO)
    Thursday: Legs / Calves
    Friday: Shoulders / Biceps / Triceps
    Saturday: Abs / CARDIO
    Sunday: CARDIO

BP, IBP, Dips
    DL, BoR, Cable Rows, PU
    Crunches, RaiseTheRoofs, Flutter Kicks, Hanging Leg Raises
    Squats, LP, HS, SLDL
    Calf Raises: standing, sitting, in Leg Press
    DBP, MP, Smith Machine Press, SLR, Clean/Press
    BBC, DBC, Scott Curls
    Dips, CGBP

The other one:
    Monday: Chest and Biceps
    Tuesday: Legs and Calves
    Wednesday: Cardio and Abs
    Thursday: Back and Triceps
    Friday: Shoulders, Traps, Abs, Calves
    Saturday or Sunday: Cardio and maybe some Ab work

Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Way_2_Skinny! is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what's your adress?
    I want to mail you a chill pill
    Happiness depends upon ourselves - Aristotle

NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoControl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

All I can say is DONT EVER BECOME DISCOURAGED. What you put into this is what you'll get out of it. If you dedicate yourself you will grow, and you will see results like you want.

I started lifting about a year and 3 months ago. I weighed 138 at 5'11. I had a horrible weight training coach and had to teach myself the basics from sitting on this damn computer, but after I got the momentum going people in my beginner weight training class were amazed at how quickly i was growing. I got a gym membership after that class and worked out pretty aggressively for awhile.

Summer came around and I slacked off but currently I'm about 6ft. and 167. I'm not exactly sure on my bodyfat right now, but it's not high so i could care less (sounds ignorant but i'll find out soon enough).

If I can really stress anything, it's your diet. In the beginning it might be too hard to focus on the diet and the training. It's overwhelming for a beginner, so what I recommend is to just eat as much meat as you possibly can and get some protein and perfect your lifts. Once you get into a routine and you understand how to adjust accordingly then start really focusing on how to perfect your diet for even better gains. After that, go for the supplements. Stay focused and find new reasons to motivate you all the time. Think about spring break at the beach, think about those hot girls you'd like to impress, or even think about the respect your friends will give you when they realize you know how to lift.

When I started I was teased about my lack of strength (i had virtually none) and people underestimated me. Months later some of those same people were asking me how I was growing so fast and what I was taking. Needless to say I'd since moved on from trying to impress fools like that, and that's a wrap on the story.

I'm nothing incredible, and I still have a long way to go before I reach the level of many of my fellow posters here. But I'm not really trying to brag here... more or less trying to motivate you and make sure you accomplish your goals because they're much closer than you think.

Good luck, work hard, EAT and LEARN!