Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Herb26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Opinions on my workout.

Well actually its not my workout. My old workout was far more traditional but I can't seem to stick to a routine without a workout partern to bitch at me on harder days(when your feeling a bit weak or lazy, it happens).

Anyway I've tried to talk him into changing this but I've been getting good results. . . I'm wondering if we're just going to end up hurting ourselves.

Its a one day on one day off type of thing and this is what we do:

1. 10 min warm up and streching
    2. Chin-ups a set of twelve each.
    3. Squats 2 sets of 20 .
    4. Military press 3 sets of 10
    5. Reverse military press 3 sets of 10
    6. Bent over row 2 sets of 10
    7. Bicep curls with curl bar 3 sets of 20
    8. Reverse curls with curl bar 2 sets of 10
    9. Super 21s(more curling) 2 sets
    10. French press 2 sets of 10
    11. Skull Crushers 2 sets of 10
    12. Flat bench press 2 sets of 6 at high weight
    13. Flat bench press 2 sets of 8 with a little less weight
    14 Incline bench press 2 sets of 10
    15 Decline bench press 2 sets of 10
    16. Side laterials 2 sets of 10
    17. Not sure of the name of this one. . .its like a benchfly but stood up 2 sets of 10
    18.Arnold laterials(like side laterials but you rotate hands and goe all the way over your head) 2 sets of 10
    19. Deadlifts 3 sets of 6
    20. Lat bar pulldown 2 sets of 10
    21. Close grip pulldowns 2 sets of 40 at 50% body weight.
    22. Mechine Benchpress 2 sets of 10
    23. Benchflys 3 sets of 20.
    24. Leg extensions 2 sets of 20
    25. Concentration curls 2 sets of 10 per arm.

We group exercises with similar muscles together. We only allow ourselves breaks while the other is working. Or 10 seconds because in some cases one of us will do all sets back to back and then the other, to ensure greater endurance training. Exercises here are done at 60-65% of max for 20 rep ones. 70-75 for 10 rep ones. And 80-85% for 6-8 reps. We don't reduce those %ages as we continue on . . .well not anymore, it took some time to work up to.

We both do cardio and stomach work on every other off day separately. Since we started he lost 40-50 pounds of so(he was a bit heavy) and has gained about 15 of that back in muscle mass. I've gained about 20 pounds and have been forced to triple my intake. We take every other weekend off as well.

This usually takes us 2 and a 1/2-3 hours total.

Any opinions? This was designed by my friend Chris. He basically just added on every workout he knows.

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man, either I am really missing something, or that has to be the worst workout I have ever seen in my life. LOL
    I'm sorry man, but what, something like 52 sets? 2 1/2 to 3 hour workouts?
    Are you honestly serious or is this just a way of screwing with us?

This is wrong on sooooo many accounts, I don't know where to start.

LOL. Man I am literally laughing out loud!

Please, someone else take over while I try and gain some composure.

Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10) Eric_FXST is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

If you are honestly serious (lol), try something like this to start out:

Squat 3 x 12-15
    Lat pulldown 3 x 12-15
    Shoulder press 3 x 12-15
    Leg Curls 3 x 12-15
    One-arm db row 3 x 12-15
    Bench press 3 x 12-15
    Bicep curl 3 x 12-15
    Calf Raise 3 x 15
    Ab crunch 3 x 12-15
    27 sets

After 2-3 months, then try out a split. Or, stick with the full body and maybe add leg presses, deadlifts, dips to the formula.

That is just some funny ****. I can't believe you typed, let alone remembered, all that **** from a workout. lol

Man, I am going to print that out. That **** is CLASSIC!

I just had to rate this thread !

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Eric_FXST
    Man, either I am really missing something, or that has to be the worst workout I have ever seen in my life. LOL
    Are you honestly serious or is this just a way of screwing with us?

This is wrong on sooooo many accounts, I don't know where to start.

LOL. Man I am literally laughing out loud!

Please, someone else take over while I try and gain some composure.
    I was thinking WTF so your not alone I am hoping we are missing something.

allpro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Herb26
    Well actually its not my workout. My old workout was far more traditional but I can't seem to stick to a routine without a workout partern to bitch at me on harder days(when your feeling a bit weak or lazy, it happens).

Anyway I've tried to talk him into changing this but I've been getting good results. . . I'm wondering if we're just going to end up hurting ourselves.

1. 10 min warm up and streching
    2. Chin-ups a set of twelve each.
    3. Squats 2 sets of 20 .
    4. Military press 3 sets of 10
    5. Reverse military press 3 sets of 10
    6. Bent over row 2 sets of 10
    7. Bicep curls with curl bar 3 sets of 20
    8. Reverse curls with curl bar 2 sets of 10
    9. Super 21s(more curling) 2 sets
    10. French press 2 sets of 10
    11. Skull Crushers 2 sets of 10
    12. Flat bench press 2 sets of 6 at high weight
    13. Flat bench press 2 sets of 8 with a little less weight
    14 Incline bench press 2 sets of 10
    15 Decline bench press 2 sets of 10
    16. Side laterials 2 sets of 10
    17. Not sure of the name of this one. . .its like a benchfly but stood up 2 sets of 10
    18.Arnold laterials(like side laterials but you rotate hands and goe all the way over your head) 2 sets of 10
    19. Deadlifts 3 sets of 6
    20. Lat bar pulldown 2 sets of 10
    21. Close grip pulldowns 2 sets of 40 at 50% body weight.
    22. Mechine Benchpress 2 sets of 10
    23. Benchflys 3 sets of 20.
    24. Leg extensions 2 sets of 20
    25. Concentration curls 2 sets of 10 per arm.

We group exercises with similar muscles together. We only allow ourselves breaks while the other is working. Or 10 seconds because in some cases one of us will do all sets back to back and then the other, to ensure greater endurance training. Exercises here are done at 60-65% of max for 20 rep ones. 70-75 for 10 rep ones. And 80-85% for 6-8 reps. We don't reduce those %ages as we continue on . . .well not anymore, it took some time to work up to.

We both do cardio and stomach work on every other off day separately. Since we started he lost 40-50 pounds of so(he was a bit heavy) and has gained about 15 of that back in muscle mass. I've gained about 20 pounds and have been forced to triple my intake. We take every other weekend off as well.

This usually takes us 2 and a 1/2-3 hours total.

Any opinions? This was designed by my friend Chris. He basically just added on every workout he knows.
    SERIOUSLY MAN...I don't think this is enough for 1 workout session LMAO...for real though, this is the craziest w/o program i have ever heard of....it is WAAAAYYYYY too much.

Nope. I'm serious. It wasn't my idea. But its more effective than my old workouts.

Basically. After getting endurdance up enough to not reduce the weight %s of our max as we went along; we stopped allowing breaks. Its now basically a strength, endurence, and stamina trainer all at the same time. And your muscles simply can't get used to it.

I used to switch from strength to endurence training once my muscles got to used to my workouts. But that doesn't seem to be a problem with this.

I don't think its that bad. I'm 19. In the summers I work at a moving companys lifting **** 8-10hrs a day all day. My friend who came up with this is at construction all summer so he's doing the same. So a workout like this suits us. We had another guy doing it. But it used to get exhausted and weak 70% of the way through he works at tim hortins. . .the starbucks of Canada. He quit within a few weeks.

But my main question is will this hurt us???? I know its alot. I actually left out a couple of workouts that I don't know the name of and are hard to describe.
    Last edited by Herb26; 12-01-2004 at 01:44 PM.

Talking

Nope. I'm serious. It wasn't my idea. But its more effective than my old workouts.

I don't think its that bad. I'm 19. In the summers I work at a moving companys lifting **** 8-10hrs a day all day. My friend who came up with this is at construction all summer so he's doing the same. So a workout like this suits us. We had another guy doing it. But it used to get exhausted and weak 70% of the way through he works at tim hortins. . .the starbucks of Canada.
    WTF????
    So, you and your buddy who bust your humps for 8-10 hours a day do this workout just fine. But, yet your coffee pouring buddy can only make it 70% of the way through?

Man, this is great ****!! Man, I am laughing out loud again. ROTFLMAO!

We don't do it during the summers.

Originally Posted by allpro
    SERIOUSLY MAN...I don't think this is enough for 1 workout session LMAO...for real though, this is the craziest w/o program i have ever heard of....it is WAAAAYYYYY too much.
    lmao

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This reminds me of a guy I met when I was working at LA Fitness. He called one night asking for my buddy who had sold him his membership and I said he wasn't in but I'd help him out. He tells me about his training and what I think he should do, and basically he tells me that his workouts are like 3 hours long. He was just starting at one machine and going to the other end of the machines doing a set or two on each.
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

Lord Rambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What's the big deal I have 3 hour sessions and I have 42 sets in my upper body workout alone!
    Meso-Ectomorph
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 241 lbs(currently bulking)
    Shoulders: 52 ½"
    Reach: 76 ¼"
    Chest: 47"
    Biceps: 17"
    Forearms: 14"
    "stop sipping on that haterade"

getbuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by allpro
    I disagree, to an extent. Everyones body is different and can handle varying degrees of intensity. I don't agree with doing legs on the same day as the upperbody, though, and I always rest at least two days between upperbody and lowerbody workouts.

Mon-Upper/Tuesday-off/Wednesday-Lower/Thursday-Upper/Friday-off/Saturday-Lower/Sunday-off. Etc...

Here's what my upperbody workout day looks like right now:

Flat BB: 5x5
    Incline BB: 5x5
    DB curl: 3x8
    Hammer curl: 3x8
    DB shoulder press: 3x10
    Shoulder Flys: 3x10
    Preacher curl: 3x10
    Skull crushers: 3x10
    Tricep bar: 3x8
    DB kickbacks: 3x8
    Standing Dumbbell Reverse Curl:3x10
    Shrugs: 3x10
    Bent Over Two-Arm Long Bar Row: 3x10
    Dips: 3x10
    Pullups: 3x5
    Knee Raises: 3x15
    Weighted decline ab raises: 3x20

Takes me 3hrs, nearly on the dot.
    Last edited by getbuck; 12-01-2004 at 02:40 PM.

Gerrard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Quote:

"I disagree, to an extent. Everyones body is different and can handle varying degrees of intensity. I don't agree with doing legs on the same day as the upperbody, though, and I always rest at least two days between upperbody and lowerbody workouts.

Mon-Upper/Tuesday-off/Wednesday-Lower/Thursday-Upper/Friday-off/Saturday-Lower/Sunday-off. Etc...

Takes me 3hrs, nearly on the dot."

That looks ok for the morning. What do you do for the afternoon, and evening workouts?

Originally Posted by Gerrard
    That looks ok for the morning. What do you do for the afternoon, and evening workouts?
    That's when I'm doing these workouts. Both upper and lower. I don't do anything in the afternoon, nor in the evening. Right now, I'm not even doing cardio, but I've been rather lazy on that. I hope to start working that in at some point.

Gerrard has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The irony is strong in this one......

Originally Posted by Gerrard
    The irony is strong in this one......
    Heheh...

I'm getting around to it. Probably by the end of the week. Hell, I have the stationary bike/treadmill right here at the house too... There's more irony for ya.

Originally Posted by Lord Rambo
    What's the big deal I have 3 hour sessions and I have 42 sets in my upper body workout alone!
    Unless you have been working out for years, I feel there is a more efficient manner to working out.
    But works for you is fine. I just disagree with Herb26's workout. Hell, he is directly/indirectly hitting his biceps for 13 sets themselves. Shoulders are being hammered for 20 sets.
    That is fine to do on its own dedicated day. But, to do all this as an entire full-body workout...my body would be shutting down halfway through.

brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Unless you have been working out for years, I feel there is a more efficient manner to working out.
    But works for you is fine. I just disagree with Herb26's workout. Hell, he is directly/indirectly hitting his biceps for 13 sets themselves. Shoulders are being hammered for 20 sets.
    That is fine to do on its own dedicated day. But, to do all this as an entire full-body workout...my body would be shutting down halfway through.

Yeah I agree with that. If i used the same intesity I currently use in my workouts through that whole one I'd pass out half way through. My body has never responded well to that kind of training not to mention I don't have 3 hours to spend at the gym 4 days a week. However, ss stated above, if it works for you then by all means continue.
    32 5'10" 180lbs 10%bf

Location: Uk, North East....You'll find me in the Freeweights section!!!!
    K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats some crazy ass sh** right there
    "Everybody want to be a bodybuilder........but dont nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight!....Lets go!!! i'll do it though!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Thats about...............15........hundered, thats 35, 45lb plates...so its LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Come on diesel, for the Mass!!!" Dorians training partner

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" Albert Einstein.

Originally Posted by K9icular
    Thats some crazy ass sh** right there
    LOL
    Reminds me of an Arnold workout!

Originally Posted by getbuck
    I disagree, to an extent. Everyones body is different and can handle varying degrees of intensity. I don't agree with doing legs on the same day as the upperbody, though, and I always rest at least two days between upperbody and lowerbody workouts.

Takes me 3hrs, nearly on the dot.
    What's wrong with working lowerbody on the same day as upper? Working your upperbody doesn't tire your lowerbody muscles much at all. You will have to up intake somewhat though. And its good for overall endurance.

If you like give this a try. . .

Start adding one of your lower body workouts to your upperbody workout one exercise per workout at a time. And remove them one by one from your lower body workout days. Until you just workout once every four days. Then once your comfortable with that start working out once every third day. Then later once every second. By then you'll be doing twice as much in half the time. It'll leave you with a 4 hours or so workout every other day. Then you can start reducing rest peroids slowly to get it back into the 2-3 hour area.

I like your workout though it looks good for upper body. But I always try to lower the time it takes to complete my routine. Is 3 hrs the best you can do? Maybe over a month or two you could get in done faster maybe 2 and a half hours. It saves you time and improves muscle recovery time. Win-Win. The easiest way to do this is keep track of how long it takes you to do your workout and try to beat your last time by a minute or two everytime. After a while you'll reach a min. But don't do individual sets faster to achieve this(its pointless), only reduce rest time between sets.

Our workout started with 15 exercises with 2 sets each(and 3 exercises had only one set). Overtime we kept adding more exercises. . .more sets. . .and more weight, while always trying to do it in less timeNow we have 28(I left a couple out) exercises with 2-3 sets each and have only added about 30-45 min to workout times. I think we'll continue to add exercises. . .and sets until we max out endurance(or until we aren't willing to put in the time, it'd say our cut off point will be around 4hrs per workout). Then It'll be only about strength and recovery time.

"Everyones body is different and can handle varying degrees of intensity" and the degree of intensity you can handle can be increased overtime as well.
    Last edited by Herb26; 12-02-2004 at 09:10 AM.

"Our workout started with 15 exercises with 2 sets each(and 3 exercises had only one set). Overtime we kept adding more exercises. . .more sets. . .and more weight, while always trying to do it in less timeNow we have 28(I left a couple out) exercises with 2-3 sets each and have only added about 30-45 min to workout times. I think we'll continue to add exercises. . .and sets until we max out endurance(or until we aren't willing to put in the time, it'd say our cut off point will be around 4hrs per workout). Then It'll be only about strength and recovery time."

Try to slowly add. Your body will adapt. One new exercise every few workouts shouldn't hurt you or even feel hard endurance wise. . .I mean what's another 2 sets at the end of your workout?. . .nothing. Then later add another 2 sets of yet another exercise. It's actually not even too hard to do. But after a few months of adding like this you'll be amazed how much more your doing.

Pure_Dynamite has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bunch of ****ing girlie men.

This is what I do every day. Infact, I do it three times a day. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, once in the evening.

18 sets for everything at 4.5 reps each!

Squat
    Deadlift
    Vertical Knee Raise
    Kickback
    Curl
    Lat pull down
    Chin Ups
    Bench Dips
    Hammer Curl
    Wrist Curl
    Crunch
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Glute Ham Raise
    Fly
    Cable Cross Over
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Military Press
    Bent Row
    One Arm Row
    Romanian Deadlift
    Neck Extension
    Incline Curl
    Pull Ups
    Leg Press
    Leg Curl
    Leg Extension
    Standing Calf Raise

I do all this because everyone knows that the more you train, the better.

Also, after each session I do 4 hours on the treadclimber.

the Shockmaster!!! IamCANADIANeh?'s Avatar
    IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamCANADIANeh? is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their asses when they hop.

мєşøмøярħ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys. It's me, getbuck. Cleared my cookies and failed to jog down my pass. :rollseyes:

What's wrong with working lowerbody on the same day as upper? Working your upperbody doesn't tire your lowerbody muscles much at all. You will have to up intake somewhat though. And its good for overall endurance.
    Fair enough, I've just never trained that way before. I don't doubt one could see results from doing such, though.

I like your workout though it looks good for upper body. But I always try to lower the time it takes to complete my routine. Is 3 hrs the best you can do? Maybe over a month or two you could get in done faster maybe 2 and a half hours. It saves you time and improves muscle recovery time. Win-Win.
    Hey, believe me, I don't necessarily like doing 3 hrs workouts, it just happens that way. I never met an excercise I didn't like. I just want to make sure I'm pushing myself and hitting as many different muscle groups as I can during this period. As long as my stamina is holding up, I keep going. I'm sure my routine can be improved upon time wise and excercise wise. Hell, I'm not closed off to anyones suggestions. Keep in mind, I don't go to a gym and I don't have as much equipment as I would like to. All this stuff is in my room: Bench/Dipstation and whatnot.

The easiest way to do this is keep track of how long it takes you to do your workout and try to beat your last time by a minute or two everytime. After a while you'll reach a min. But don't do individual sets faster to achieve this(its pointless), only reduce rest time between sets.
    Not bad advice, I could definately improve my time between sets. Most of my time is chomped up by the flat/incline bench (5x5). During that period I'm also hitting other muscles but those two excercises are the ones that really suck up my time. Having the TV on and glazing at it after every set or so isn't doing me any favors either. Heh.....

Last workout my flat BB was this:

230x3 --> 225x2
    225x4 --> 220x1
    220x4 --> 215x1
    215x5
    215x5

I always try to go to 5 reps on this even if I have to get up and decrease the weight to finish how ever many I needed to finish. In this last case it was 2/1/1/ . You get the idea.

"Everyones body is different and can handle varying degrees of intensity" and the degree of intensity you can handle can be increased overtime as well.
    Agreed.

Lord Rambo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you giving your body only one day to recover here?
    Originally Posted by Pure_Dynamite

This is what I do every day. Infact, I do it three times a day. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, once in the evening.

Squat
    Deadlift
    Vertical Knee Raise
    Kickback
    Curl
    Lat pull down
    Chin Ups
    Bench Dips
    Hammer Curl
    Wrist Curl
    Crunch
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Glute Ham Raise
    Fly
    Cable Cross Over
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Military Press
    Bent Row
    One Arm Row
    Romanian Deadlift
    Neck Extension
    Incline Curl
    Pull Ups
    Leg Press
    Leg Curl
    Leg Extension
    Standing Calf Raise

Yeah, you can hit upper and lower plus cadio in one session, like the NFL spring training after the workouts there, they sit in ice baths to start the relax/recovery phase, asap!
    Meso-Ectomorph
    Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 241 lbs(currently bulking)
    Shoulders: 52 ½"
    Reach: 76 ¼"
    Chest: 47"
    Biceps: 17"
    Forearms: 14"
    "stop sipping on that haterade"

brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Pure_Dynamite

Squat
    Deadlift
    Vertical Knee Raise
    Kickback
    Curl
    Lat pull down
    Chin Ups
    Bench Dips
    Hammer Curl
    Wrist Curl
    Crunch
    Stiff Leg Deadlift
    Glute Ham Raise
    Fly
    Cable Cross Over
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Military Press
    Bent Row
    One Arm Row
    Romanian Deadlift
    Neck Extension
    Incline Curl
    Pull Ups
    Leg Press
    Leg Curl
    Leg Extension
    Standing Calf Raise

Ha! you call that training? That's a vacation. I get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I go to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day at the gym, and pay gym owner for permission to train there, and when I got home, my Dad would slice us in two wit' bread knife! (credit to monty python)
    32 5'10" 180lbs 10%bf

LOL at all you guys.
    Me, I see logic in adding more weight than more sets or exercises.
    Herb26, you are saying to add more sets, more exercises, less rest time. It sounds to me like you are more into endurance training than strength training.

If and when I get to the point that 4 sets does not seem like enough, I DO NOT add more sets, exercises, or less rest time. I UP the poundage.

All I can say is that unless you are an IFBB pro, there is NO WAY you are building strength/muscle as well doing that many sets as you could with less sets and more poundage.

Hell, like I said before, not even Arnold, (with his fantastic genetics and juice) did workouts like that. He went 3 hours at a time, but A LOT of that time was recovery and/or b.s. time.

Honestly Herb26, how long have you been working out? Have you ever tried a good, solid, heavy split routine?
    You wanted our advice on your routine. And, we are all trying to give it.

мєşøмøярħ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL at all you guys.
    Me, I see logic in adding more weight than more sets or exercises.
    I agree with the more weight part, but....

Are we to assume that you're only working certain parts of your body and not the entire body, to the best of your ability, Eric?

Logic tells me, limited excercises will only hit limited muscle groups. Am I completely wrong here?