Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Icex999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why you should be eating more frequently

Pretty much everyone on this forum knows, that if you're planning on building a physique like that of a greek god, you'd be best off eating 5-6 smaller meals per day than the ever so popular 3 meals....The problem is that very few people actually know why such eating habits are better.

Here are 3 reasons why this eating method is superior

1 - Your metabolism reacts to anything you eat. So whatever you eat, digesting it will burn calories. However, the amount of calories burned is dependent on the macronutrient profile of the food consumed. Protein, causes you to burn more calories than any other macronutrient. A meal consisting of 15 grams of protein or more, can burn up to 69 calories. So if you eat 6 small meals, each with greater than 15 g. of protein, you will end up burning 69x6 = 414 calories. That's 414 more calories than you would've normally burned.

2 - Smaller meals at higher frequencies allows for less storage of excesses, due to the principles of absorption. You will also experience better absorption of the vitals of your body.

There's only so many nutrients that your muscles and organs can handle. You simply can't fill your MUSCLES beyond what they can hold. It's like trying to pour a 20 oz. bottle of water into a 10 oz. glass, there's gonna be that 10 oz. of water that doesn't make it into the glass. So what does your body do with that?
    Once your muscles and the other vitals of your body, have been full of the nutrients they need, the excess is either stored or excreted. If you're on a high-frequency eating plan, your body will become accustomed to the fact that it will be getting more of what it needs soon, so very minimal is stored, with the rest sent on to your excretory organs.
    How is this better than eating 3 meals per day? Well, say your awake 14 hours per/day...your 3 meals are rougly divided amongst those 14 hours...14/3 = almost 5....this means that around every 4-5 hours you will be eating a meal....in that 4 hours between your meals your body WILL be deprived of certain nutrients...you'll feel hungry...these hunger pangs are your body's way of shouting at you to give it food because it needs it....
    After your body is used to such large breaks between meals, it will start storing more and more of what doesn't get absorbed into muscle cells. This, means that it will start depositing the excess into your fat cells. This leads to growth in your fat cells, which means you might turn into a tub of lard!

3 - The third reason for this eating method is NO MORE HUNGER! Eating so often will keep those hunger pangs at bay, and you won't suffer from the side effects of hunger such as drowsiness, "lack of competitive edge (snicker's commercial)", and the other things we go through when we're hungry.

So can you build a 'perfect' physique on a three meal a day plan? Yes, but not as efficiently as on a 5-6 meal per day plan.

I hope this informative post clears up any questions you may have about why high frequency meals are better. If you have any questions at all, feel free to post them.

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hmmm i wonder what pushed you to make this thread

anyway, thx for the info

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post, but 90% of the people know that already, not a few people.

LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LethalGunz34 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe you should post that in the article section.

Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brant is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Boy with all these comments it sure is easy to tell who has a superiority comflict in their life.

I knew this was true, but it was a very good article. Nice post.

Registered User FemaleTeenBBldr's Avatar
    FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) FemaleTeenBBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the great information on eating. I myself, need to work on my eating habits. I usually just eat three meals a day (small meals usually). I have been able to maintain my weight, although. I workout everyday (different muscle group everyday) and get at least three protein shakes of 25 grams/protein. I think I am going to try eating more meals, though. Your reasons sounded very right on the spot. I totally hate the hunger pangs I get during the day, so I do think I need to eat more....So Ill try 6 meals a day...thanks again for the info.
    <<.,.~`-*Veronika*-`~.,.>>