Pseudonymous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What causes these two diifferent shaped traps

traps2.JPG

traps2 - Copy.JPG

My traps went from a V, from neck, straight to my shoulders.. not they have less of a peak and more of a height difference between my traps and shoulder

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Genetics.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Genetics.
    I figured somebody would post that, thats why i mentioned my traps looked like pic 1, now they've changed their makeup and they have a peak near the outside

hence why im trying to figure out what lifting style changed that. im specifically talking about the height difference between the shoulder and trap.. i could see if the traps overall were that much bigger but they are roughly the same, but the outsider near where it meets the shoulder is alot more bulged

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's still genetics. The muscle is just growing (again, according to genetics, the shape could change).
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇

makes sense i guess , considering it is just one muscle. but thought maybe there had to be more to it, because i was working a job where i was lifting to build up my traps as opposed to bodybuilding. and now the overall size is pretty similar but its bigger on the outside. i just thought maybe it was due to another muscle below perhaps pushing the outer part of my trap upwards ( traps2 - Copy2.jpg )... or some other explanation outside the box

Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen Ekaen
    It's not genetics.

If your traps are tall it's because you have a strong neck, if your traps are wider it's because your row become stronger than your neck.
    If you want to make your traps taller do neck extensions, if you want to make them wider do scapular retractions and cheat heavy rows.

Iron neck holds work too.

sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sm1ke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ekaen View Post
    It's not genetics.

If your traps are tall it's because you have a strong neck, if your traps are wider it's because your row become stronger than your neck.
    If you want to make your traps taller do neck extensions, if you want to make them wider do scapular retractions and cheat heavy rows.

Iron neck holds work too.
    Hmm.. I don't know what to think about this. It sounds a lot like those who say you can work the "inner chest". That said, the bolded part describes me exactly, as I've never done neck extensions or shrugs, but I did a ton of heavy DB rows with poor form when I started (rowing to the upper chest), and my traps look like this:

So who knows. Maybe someone more educated on the subject could chime in.

OP, maybe just try a few different exercises for a while and see what happens?
    Attached Images
    ▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▇