Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Boxer's Fracture Rehab

I got a pretty bad boxer's fracture about 5-6 weeks ago. It was bad enough where I had to undergo surgery to clean up the bone and they put three pins in my hand.

This past week they took off the splint so I can start moving my hand and restoring its range of motion. The 3 pins will still be in there for another 12 days. I was told I should be able to start lifting a couple week after they take out the pins. And I should be able to start Muay Thai training again soon after that.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help the rehab for this injury along. Currently I just try to use it as normally as possible throughout the day. And a few times per day I will actually sit down and makes a fist with it (as close to a fist as I can) repeatedly. Is there anything else I can do to help restore a full range of motion so it doesn't bother me when I fight?
    If God wanted to punish the Devil, he'd send this man.

bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bgDIESEL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea man I feel your pain. I made the same thread like 2 days ago. I got a boxers fracture 6 weeks. ago. I got in a fight and had a bad hit. I didn't need pins but was in a cast for 5 weeks. I'm recovering now and started the gym. just take it easy. I bought a squishy ball to squeeze to help get strength back to my hand. Good luck to you.

Real World Boxing Advice djartek's Avatar
    djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500) djartek is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how did you injure your hand.
    Depending on how bad the fracture was or is and what not it all depends on what your body can take don't try and fight through the pain or force it. One of my pinkies-because of boxing-will never be able to straighten out again, because I grinned through the pain and now pinky is stuck in about 60 degree flex I can bend it but not straighten it out. My other fingers have been broken and sprained numerous amounts of time. If you don't have to compete don't force it...I speak from experience.
    The best thing to do now is to work on forarm and wrist strength and then slowly work your way back into punching. Make sure that your hands are always wrapped very well.
    Try stretching the hand in warm water it helps alot with getting the flexibility back.
    Youtube.com/PalacBoxing
    I'll answer your boxing and combat questions. Just PM me
    "Patience, persistence, determination, and an unstoppable drive to be better than yesterday."

Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forrest319 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I fractured it when I hit a guy in his grill. Not just his mouth; but the "gold" grill he had in his mouth too. Don't hit people in the grill...
    If God wanted to punish the Devil, he'd send this man.

krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krives55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have had 2 boxer fractures. one in each hand. I never had to have surgery so urs must be severe. Mine was also punching a dude... but it landed akward on the side of his head.

Good news though. My hands are perfectly back to normal and with sense of pain.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117009511
    CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL

LIVE: krives55

TTKA

dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    USP Labs Super Cissus RX should help with the healing process.
    USPlabs Representative. Alpha Manlet.

Deadlift: 525 lbs at 164 lb body weight. No straps. 3.2 x bw.
    Squat: 260 lbs x 15 reps to parallel at 164 body weight. No belt. No wraps.
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100 lb dumbbells x 14 reps at 164 lb body weight.

MikeK8608 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i know this was a while ago but i got a boxers fracture at the end of December and got my cast off a couple days ago. I cant really close my hand all the way on that side of my hand so gripping things is hard. Did that eventually loosen up for you guys if that also happened to you?

jerronrikard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a Boxer's fracture mid December and just got my cast off on Friday, 5 days ago. The pain is reducing but I still cannot close my hand all the way. This means no bench and I'm dying inside. Anyone know when ill be able to close it all the way again?? Also, If it helps anyone, I have been doing pretty much everything I was less of flat Barbell bench (my favorite ). I use Dumbells to do about everything and straps have saved my life, even lifting and releasing on the dumbbell bench