Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)

HERE IT IS: Bruce Lee's Strength training program!

Did Bruce Lee take his training seriously?

"While Bruce was in Hong Kong filming in late 1971 or early 1972, he had his weight equipment and training gear shipped to him," says Ted Wong, who met Lee in 1967 and trained with him for more than six years. "He wanted to stay in shape. So we packed his bags, but we did not send any clothes because he said he could buy them cheap in Hong Kong. We just packed training equipment. When he saw all the bags filled with training
    equipment, he laughed and said, ‘Now I’m going to be able to do lots of training.’"

And train he did.

"Bruce considered training number one," says Wong. "He was constantly training. When he watched TV or went to the movies, he conditioned his knuckles. When he was driving, he worked the hand grips. If he walked to a bookstore and came to a hill, he always ran. He never wasted time."
    Why was this man so obsessed with training? Several reasons.

First, according to Lee, training was important because you couldn’t perform up to your capabilities if you weren’t in shape, Wong recalls.
    "Lee felt you had no business being in the martial arts if you weren’t in shape," saysWong. "If you weren’t in shape you couldn’t be 100 percent efficient."

Second, he had lofty goals.
    "He wanted to be the best," says Wong. "He wanted to be the best martial artist." And no one could dispute that he was.

Lee’s Thoughts on Strength
    To get in excellent shape, Lee felt you needed strength, Wong notes.
    "He considered strength training very important," Wong says. "He was constantly looking for ways to improve, including weight training and isometrics." Although Lee felt strength was important, he did not believe bodybuilding was the answer, Wong says.

"He felt it was important to have definition, but he did not feel you had to overboard," Wong says. "He did not feel it was necessary to develop large muscles. On the other hand, strength and definition enhanced certain functions, such as kicking and punching."

And Lee’s conditioning entailed more than hand grips, sit- ups, weights, running and conditioning drills.

"A lot of the time he read books and analyzed different arts," Wong says. "He had a keen eye and an analytical mind. He did a lot of researching."
    While you may never develop Lee’s skills, you can certainly train the way the "Little Dragon" did. Following are a few of the exercises Lee used to develop power.

Lee’s Strength Routine

Barbell Push

This exercise strengthens your arms, forearms, shoulders, biceps, lats, triceps, chest and abs. "This exercise works almost your whole body," Wong says. "It’s really good; it’s effective. But it is also very difficult. Although Bruce lifted a lot of weight, most people can’t. I remember trying to lift what he used, and I couldn’t even hold it." To begin, stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width. Squat, grab the barbell with an underhand grip and stand up. Keeping your elbows by your side, raise the weight straight out, hold for a second, return and repeat.

Do three sets of 8 to 12 repetitions. When you’re done, do three sets of 8 to 12 reps withan overhand grip.

Punching With a Dumbbell

This exercise improves your shoulder endurance, which is vital for sparring.
    "Bruce did this drill a lot." Wong says.

Hold a five-pound dumbbell in each hand, assume a fighting stance and alternate throwing punches with each hand.
    "Do these moderately fast," Wong says.
    To prevent an injury, however, don’t throw your punches too fast. Do two to three sets, 10 to 15 reps per set.

One-Hand Dumbbell Drill

This drill strengthens your wrist, which means your punches will be stronger. Lee used this exercise to enhance his one-inch punch, Wong notes.
    "When your wrist is strong, you get more power," he says. "And it’s good when you’re in close range because there isn’t much room for your wrist to travel. This is a good drill for the one-inch punch."

To begin, stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart, and hold a five-pounddumbbell in your right hand. Keeping your arm to your side and using only your wrist,raise the dumbbell as high as you can and lower it as far as you can. Do two sets of 25 reps. When you’re done, do two sets of 25 reps, moving your wristfrom side to side as far as you can.

Isometrics

"This is isometric training for power punching," Wong says. "It was one of Lee’s favorite drills because it built speed and punching power at different ranges." To do this, you can use a jump rope, a karate belt or a strand of rope. To begin, assume a fighting stance and hold the rope in both hands. Place your left hand behind your back, wrap the other end around your shoulder and throw a short-range punch. Hold it for five seconds, extend your punch to ¾ distance, hold it for five seconds, extend it to full range and hold. For each arm, do five sets of five reps.

Board Isometrics

This drill is for leg strength and mobility.
    "This exercise really puts pressure on your knees," he says. "It’s intense."
    To do this drill, you’ll need a four- foot long board with a shoulder harness strapped in the middle. To begin, assume a fighting stance on the board and place the harness around your neck. Exerting a constant upward pressure, lean forward and then lean back.

"This drill enables you to develop explosive power and to close the gap [more
    efficiently]," He says.

Do three sets of one minute. As you improve, increase your time.
    Hand Isometric Drills This drill strengthens your forearms, which is great for trapping and punching. You will need the board for this exercise also. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, wrap the straps around your forearms and exert pressure upward. Do three sets of one minute. Don’t rest more than one minute between sets.

Bull Worker for Punching

This drill also strengthens your punching power.
    To do this drill, you’ll need a Bull Worker, which you may be able to find at a sporting goods store.

Assume a fighting stance, hold the bow straps in each hand, and throw as many punches as you can, as fast as you can.
    "Do these real fast, and do as many as you can," Wong says.
    Do two to three sets. You can throw backfists or straight punches. This device also enables you to adjust the tension.
    Last edited by nail3r; 11-26-2004 at 02:02 PM.
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bull Worker for Trapping

Again, you will also need the Bull Worker for trapping, grabbing and hitting.
    Assume a fighting stance, place one end of the Bull Worker against your abs, and hold the other end at about head-height. As quickly as possible, pull the top part toward your abs, return and repeat.

What Made Bruce Great?

So what made Bruce Lee as great as he was?
    Strength training? Genetics? Intensity?

"I think there are a lot of factors, but I think it was his drive," Wong says. "For example, he always told me you had to put 100 % effort into everything you did. He said, ‘When you throw a punch, put everything into it. Don’t just go through the motions.’ To this day I remember that, and it’s very important to me."

Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Myth Destroyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why would anybody want to see this?

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)
    why would anyone wanna look like Bruce Lee, how much did he weigh 150lbs??

Originally Posted by bigcalves
    why would anyone wanna look like Bruce Lee, how much did he weigh 150lbs??
    thats a ****ing ignorant comment. maybe they like Bruce lee and are intrigeued

Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Biriba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first thing,

bruce lee did not train to look good, the only purpose of his trainning was the functional aspect i.e. speed, agility, potency and power.

i can agree that this is a bodybuilding forum so yeah maybe this should go in the powerlifting section, but no reason for you to bash on bruce lee dick head cause i doubt you will ever get ripped as he was, even if he weighted only 130-140lbs.
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE IRON... CAUSE I SURE WONT!!!!!!

Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heres that article in pdf format.

Has Muscle Dysmorphia!!!! jonnyb's Avatar
    jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonnyb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I heard he could only squat 90lbs for a 12 reps or something.

bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bruce lee was a little 135 lb martial artist. he had some skills.
    Personally i wouldnt want to look like him, most lightweights in ufc and pride would light him up...BJ Penn would deytsroy him along with the gracies, silva, and belfort.
    Fukc dieting you only live once-me

U.S. Navy Corpsman...Corpsman up.

Naval Aircrewman School Graduate

Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Diab0lic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The point isnt to look like him. Its to show how he used weights to help achieve his remarkable strength. Although he wasnt bulky, he was stronger than any of you or I. That 90lbs squat thing sounds like crap to me. And he put his strength to good functional use as well.

Revelation: He wasnt a bodybuilder.

bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000) bluemarlin04 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Diab0lic
    The point isnt to look like him. Its to show how he used weights to help achieve his remarkable strength. Although he wasnt bulky, he was stronger than any of you or I. That 90lbs squat thing sounds like crap to me. And he put his strength to good functional use as well.

Revelation: He wasnt a bodybuilder.
    hes not some god, he wasnt actually that strong. he just new how to use his strength functionally. he was a little tiny man.

Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50) Memnoch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bluemarlin04
    bruce lee was a little 135 lb martial artist. he had some skills.
    Personally i wouldnt want to look like him, most lightweights in ufc and pride would light him up...BJ Penn would deytsroy him along with the gracies, silva, and belfort.

I highly doubt it. He had more skill,dedication and raw talent than you could have in ten lifetimes. I'll bet he had much greater static strength than you also, try holding a 90lbs barbell out at a right angle to the floor for 3 minutes like he could. Try training your mind next time before you post.

tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50)

He wasn't a body builder

he wasn't, but the guy was one of the greatest people to ever train.
    maybe you shouldn't bitch about him until you can do alteast one 2 finger single handed push up, then complain all you want.
    Give him some common respect aswel, the guys dead, i doubt people will reme,mber your name when youve gone.
    Why does **** have HIT in it?
    FINALLY LIFTING AGAIN!!!PROPERLY!!!LETS ADD SOME BEEF!!

Location: ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋј,υѕα ŋ&#1112
    LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LAWofNJ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes he's small, but he could kick the **** out of most everyone.... Most fighters and others such as 6'2 250 lbs navy seals would get their asses hand to them, and its no joke.. One of the wrestling coaches at my school who was a Ranger is about 6'1 260 super jacked and is inspired by bruce lee and acknowledges he would get annihilated by him.
    nj all day

mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by jonnyb
    I heard he could only squat 90lbs for a 12 reps or something.
    hahahaha wtf?!.......i read that about three times hoping i misread....

Thats actually true th 90 lb squat he only trained uppar body

R1pped has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Memnoch
    I highly doubt it. He had more skill,dedication and raw talent than you could have in ten lifetimes. I'll bet he had much greater static strength than you also, try holding a 90lbs barbell out at a right angle to the floor for 3 minutes like he could. Try training your mind next time before you post.
    Bump. He dedicated his life to martial arts, not building muscle. So have some respect for the man, some people look at him as an idol.

BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BoomStick has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LAWofNJ
    yes he's small, but he could kick the **** out of most everyone.... Most fighters and others such as 6'2 250 lbs navy seals would get their asses hand to them, and its no joke.. One of the wrestling coaches at my school who was a Ranger is about 6'1 260 super jacked and is inspired by bruce lee and acknowledges he would get annihilated by him.
    VERY unlikely, he was a skillfull fighter, but when the person you are fighting is twice your mass...u dont stand much of a chance. Especially seeing as you are talking about a navy seal, who would be highly conditioned physically, and will invariably know what hes doing in a fight. It's a myth that technique beats everything...it doesnt, it can give you the edge if youre fighting some1 of similar build but when there a massive strength/size difference it becomes an unfair fight...why would there be seperate weight divisions in such sports as boxing, if size could easily be made up for by being smaller with more speed/skill???

Bruce Lee was an actor...he primarily wanted to look good on the cameras, he catered his training around this mainly. He used anabolic steroids to gain the physique you saw in the films aswell, this might explain his unnatural upperbody strength...

Originally Posted by Memnoch
    so wat if he had more dedication and static strength. He cant whoop ass like some people believe. He would be destroyed today by many mma fighters. Hes just an actor who did cool moves thats all

Registered User alxandr_thgreat's Avatar
    alxandr_thgreat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He used anabolic steroids to gain the physique you saw in the films aswell, this might explain his unnatural upperbody strength...[/QUOTE]

Where did you get your proof of this. I don't believe it.
    11-7-04
    weight-133 lbs

height-5'7''

max bench-135

squat-135 reps x 10

oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddjob21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont believe he took steroids but we ll never know, i read he took ephedra tho, the guys long gone so its irrelevant to compare him to todays fighters who have more than 30 years of advancements in nutrition, training and steroids than when he was alive, for his time he was the best and he has inspired so many millions of people to train and get into martial arts and bodybuilding, a much more interesting topic would be if he was alive today and in his prime(age wise) how good would he be, could he defeat todays fighters, we ll never know unfortunately, but one things for sure, he made the most kick ass movies! good info in the main post tho
    "Do or do not, there is no try"
    "If you invent somthing idiot proof, they ll make a better idiot "

Originally Posted by alxandr_thgreat
    He used anabolic steroids to gain the physique you saw in the films aswell, this might explain his unnatural upperbody strength...

Where did you get your proof of this. I don't believe it.[/QUOTE]
    read his books, i know for one he took winstrol. you guys need to realize hes not a god like people make him out to be. who cares how much static strength hes got, BJ penn dont got that much strength, royce gracie doesnt either, either does wanderlei silva, and you know what? they would deystroy him. I got respect for the guy, i do, i just dont think hes like this superhuman.

bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    when is the teen forum gonna be nominated for most stupid waste of space on the internet prize?
    instinct >>over>> science
    dont think, feeeeel
    you cant polish a turd, genetics are everything.

Originally Posted by bamb00
    when is the teen forum gonna be nominated for most stupid waste of space on the internet prize?
    get the **** out.

flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000) flamingdragon is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I think it is pointless to compare Bruce Lee's overall strength and power in terms of most bodybuilding lifts. Lee designed his body to be good at martial arts.

And maybe he only squatted 90lbs, but keep in mind he could make heavy punching bags touch the ceiling with a simple standing kick. He was interested in getting better at COMBAT.

WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannabMr.O will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BoomStick
    VERY unlikely, he was a skillfull fighter, but when the person you are fighting is twice your mass...u dont stand much of a chance. Especially seeing as you are talking about a navy seal, who would be highly conditioned physically, and will invariably know what hes doing in a fight. It's a myth that technique beats everything...it doesnt, it can give you the edge if youre fighting some1 of similar build but when there a massive strength/size difference it becomes an unfair fight...why would there be seperate weight divisions in such sports as boxing, if size could easily be made up for by being smaller with more speed/skill???

Bruce Lee was an actor...he primarily wanted to look good on the cameras, he catered his training around this mainly. He used anabolic steroids to gain the physique you saw in the films aswell, this might explain his unnatural upperbody strength...

You defininetly have to be the stupidest person alive if you are serious! If this is so true which its not b/c I've boxed for 4 years against guys that were 75 to 100 pounds heavier than me and won. Not all the time but I don't claim to be a championship boxer either. I've wrestled in high school and help coach now. I wrestle guys that are way heavier than me and can I still pin them. Its not about size and strength its about technique. I know I'm just a nobody to you and I'm sure you know everything so let me give you just one example where skill out matched size and strength. Then, let me know what you think about this stupid theory of yours. So, if all this is true that you say why did Royce Gracie beat Kimo in the first UFC. B/c clearly according to you Royce Gracie was out matched size and strength.

antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) antihero has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flamingdragon
    I think it is pointless to compare Bruce Lee's overall strength and power in terms of most bodybuilding lifts. Lee designed his body to be good at martial arts.

And maybe he only squatted 90lbs, but keep in mind he could make heavy punching bags touch the ceiling with a simple standing kick. He was interested in getting better at COMBAT.
    finally someone here says something smart.......you my friend, deserve a medal....everyone else deserves a swift kick in the nuts....
    I'm just here for the gangbang.

tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tim1477 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    colin says...
    Attached Images
    For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bruce Lee could DESTROY people 3 times his size. He dedicated his life to martial arts, which is more about learning the skill set then just being bigger then your opponent? Don't you watch Karate Kid?

But seriously, Bruce lee could either beat up or at least put up an amazing fight against anyone. Regardless of size.

TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bluemarlin04
    Where did you get your proof of this. I don't believe it.
    read his books, i know for one he took winstrol. you guys need to realize hes not a god like people make him out to be. who cares how much static strength hes got, BJ penn dont got that much strength, royce gracie doesnt either, either does wanderlei silva, and you know what? they would deystroy him. I got respect for the guy, i do, i just dont think hes like this superhuman.[/QUOTE]

No, they would GET destroyed by him.