makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lose Fat and Gain Muscles

Hi, I've been working out in the gym for awhile now trying to shed all the fat in me, I've been doing a lot of cardio and lifting weights at the same time. Now my friend who is bodybuilding told me don't do any more cardio because it's bad for me that it'll burn off all the fat and I won't be able to build muscle. So now I'm afraid to do cardio as much, and I was wondering if it's true? thanks

v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000) v4lu3s is just really nice. (+1000)
    cardio is good for you. do not stop doing it. that doesnt mean do it for 4 hours a week though.

I know for ME this works:
    3 days on, 1 day off workout routines.
    i do cardio on day 1 and day 3 for 25 minutes, HIIT style on an Arctrainer.
    i eat around 2900 calories a day.
    in the past month i have gained nearly 2 lbs, while lowering body fat percent by 1%, and waist measure by half an inch. strength is also up.

When I can find the balance that I am at right now it is nice since I seem to be able to balance teh fat loss and muscle gain very nicely. It takes diet control though, but I am happy when it works!

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by makeitwork View Post
    Hi, I've been working out in the gym for awhile now trying to shed all the fat in me, I've been doing a lot of cardio and lifting weights at the same time. Now my friend who is bodybuilding told me don't do any more cardio because it's bad for me that it'll burn off all the fat and I won't be able to build muscle. So now I'm afraid to do cardio as much, and I was wondering if it's true? thanks
    Cardio is awesome for your heart and circulatory system. If you're more interested in building muscle focus more on nutrition and building muscle mass. Don't worry about stopping cardio and thinking you're preventing muscle mass gains; just don't make it your primary objective in your goals. Keep the nutrition up and you will make gains in response to your dedication in the gym. If your primary interest is building muscle you might as well stave off the fat gain by performing weekly cardio sessions. The health benefits are also worth it : )
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do