Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What is the best way to split the loperamide dosages? One in the morning and one in the evening? Or multiple dosages throughout the day?

Improve your Mind CognitiveNutrition's Avatar
    CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000) CognitiveNutrition is just really nice. (+1000)
    From controlled substance to over-the-counter wonder
    When loperamide was first introduced to the public, it was classified as a Schedule V controlled substance. This was done because opiate withdrawal symptoms were present upon abrupt cessation of long-term therapy with lopermide. It was eventually downgraded to nothing more than an over-the-counter medicine. Recent studies have put forth evidence that it is possible to get the molecules across the BBB. "Drug-containing nanoparticles were coated with polysorbate 80 and injected intravenously into mice." A prolonged, as well as significant analgesic effect occurred upon injection of the coated loperamide.
    www.cognitivenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

PEA 750 mg caps: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/peaultra.html
    PEA Dosing: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=261217881&postcount=1379

Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Noah seems to has gotten good results with 30mg loperamide. Has anyone considered going higher, maybe 50-60mg/ day to see what the effect is?

Registered User Noahedwinbeach2's Avatar
    Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I might attempt higher dosing. It seems ot be dose dependant to me. THe more I take the bigger I get. My strength is flying too. I don't know if 50-60mg is going to be any better though. Steroids for instance only work with such high dosing. You only have so many receptors and also with this the main goal for me is to slow the rate at which food passes through me to maximize nutrient uptake.

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Noahedwinbeach2 View Post
    You only have so many receptors and also with this the main goal for me is to slow the rate at which food passes through me to maximize nutrient uptake.
    I thought it was cortisol manipulation?

4mg is plenty to slow digestion.

Just for kicks, I'll say it again, I don't think mega dosing an OTC product that acts as an opiate in the intestines is a very bright idea, and I dont think anyone should copy this.

I hope all turns out well for you regardless of my opinion.

How long have you been doing this now?
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10) bonestick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, Noahedwinbeach2. I'm studying Pharmacy, so I hope I can help address your question.

First of all, you are aware that loperamide at low dose is indicated for diarrhoea symptom relief. Because it acts on mu-opioid receptors (so does morphine) in the intestine, it slows down the gut movement. This causes the intestine to absorb more water from the faeces, hence more solid stool. The adverse effect list for loperamide does not mention anything about weight gain, so I think loperamide may not help enhance the absorption of nutrients. So far, no one who take loperamide long term for Irritable Bowel disease or irritable bowel disorder, has gained several pounds because of increased absorption of nutrients.

Creatine-induced stomach upset and diarrhoea is a completely different matter. Imagine you accidentally put a hot chilli into your eye, your eye will be inflamed and tears keep coming out. When you introduce creatine to your body, the intestine is not used to it and considers it as an irritant or toxin.

The studies you mentioned are all very short. They can only show the cortisone reduction effect is noticeable for a maximum of two days. No one knows what will happen after that. People with Cushing's disease tend to have very high cortisone level and are usually treated with high dose of ketoconazole, not loperamide. Even if loperamide is very effective in reducing cortisone, high dose of it could lower the level too much, causing Addison's disease: fatigue, dizzy, even life threatening Addisonian crisis.

I don't think there is any point taking loperamide for muscle gain. You said you took 30 g of fibre. Slow gut movement + lots of fibre + bacteria = explosive gas all day long + burps + nausea
    Last edited by bonestick; 10-31-2007 at 04:51 PM.

STelevation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry for bumping a 4 year old thread. But ive been getting horrible runs with creatine and protein to the point where i had to get loperamide and take it before meals. I happened to do a search on the forums and found this one. Any of you guys still getting good results or have had any probs over the years?

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by STelevation View Post
    Sorry for bumping a 4 year old thread. But ive been getting horrible runs with creatine and protein to the point where i had to get loperamide and take it before meals. I happened to do a search on the forums and found this one. Any of you guys still getting good results or have had any probs over the years?

I wouldn't try this. There is one anonymous guy who reports steroid like gains from a ridiculous dose of loperamide - a drug that has been around for decades. Don't you think that if this stuff did indeed have any benefit on lean mass gains via cortisol reduction it would be in every "anabolics secrets" book?
    Loperamide shouldn't be taken for more than a few days in a row and it shouldn't be taken at higher doses than recommended. Anything else is for silly wannabe-guinea pigs.

Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    I wouldn't try this. There is one anonymous guy who reports steroid like gains from a ridiculous dose of loperamide - .
    I saw this thread bumped, and was like oh no...Noah probably took his first dump in 4 years and came back to say that this was not a good idea
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Noahedwinbeach2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Skigazzi View Post
    I saw this thread bumped, and was like oh no...Noah probably took his first dump in 4 years and came back to say that this was not a good idea
    Oh how funny you are! I haven't posted in years! Yes I still take this. I got up to 270 pounds but was decently fat. It isn't a good idea to eat total junk all the time fyi. However, if you want to gain weight this does work. My problem before I started taking this stuff was mild IBS. I would go several times per day and was having a hard time gaining weight. Creatine and protein shakes also wear my stomach out so obviously this was just the thing to turn it all around. I still go to the restroom every day and found that psyillium is the key to keeping me cleaned out. I am a surgical tech now so I am aware of what can happened to a colon that becomes blocked. It has to be cut out! I just started working out again after 2 years so I feel like a newbie all over again. My job loss coupled with school to get a job again along with 3 kids took my workout drive away. But standing in the OR in surgery for 8 hours a day was a wakeup call on just how bad I needed to get back in the gym. So I will keep you guys posted. My lifts are so terrible they aren't worth reporting. My bodyweight is still around 235 with a 36" pants (whatever that is). I am also only 5'10. I think I have shrunk as I have gotten older. I will be 30 in just a few days.

Noah

Jesus is the way!

And for you skeptics out there I have been taking this for years now with 0 side effects. If I notice that I am getting stopped up I simply get off and consume a large amount of psyillium. This ALWAYS works. Then I get back on again. Also, hi amounts of calcium combined with this drug can really stop you up. So, if you take a lot of calcium you may want to take about 2mg 2 times per day. Right now I take anywhere from 6-10mg per day depending on how my colon is. We all know when we aren't right and need to speed things up. Simply adjust accordingly. You shouldn't take this to the point where you are going once every 2 days. You need to be going every day. Fiber is the key and always will be.

TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50) TrueAmateur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Noahedwinbeach2 View Post
    And for you skeptics out there I have been taking this for years now with 0 side effects. If I notice that I am getting stopped up I simply get off and consume a large amount of psyillium. This ALWAYS works. Then I get back on again. Also, hi amounts of calcium combined with this drug can really stop you up. So, if you take a lot of calcium you may want to take about 2mg 2 times per day. Right now I take anywhere from 6-10mg per day depending on how my colon is. We all know when we aren't right and need to speed things up. Simply adjust accordingly. You shouldn't take this to the point where you are going once every 2 days. You need to be going every day. Fiber is the key and always will be.
    I honestly think you missed your calling... You should've been a proctologist.

Wow...he's alive...and pooping....

Glad your OK man....still think 30mg (the 6 you are using now is far more sane) a day of loperamide is a plum crazy stupid idea, but its always interesting to see this thread bumped. Hell, this might be the only thread I post in any more on this busted forum...
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

Originally Posted by Skigazzi View Post
    Wow...he's alive...and pooping....

Glad your OK man....still think 30mg (the 6 you are using now is far more sane) a day of loperamide is a plum crazy stupid idea, but its always interesting to see this thread bumped. Hell, this might be the only thread I post in any more on this busted forum...
    I can't in good conscience recommend 30mg per day any more. First off I don't see the point when 10mg is more than enough. I got carried away in the beginning without thinking about it. Plus if you are drinking a lot of milk you will get stopped up fast so beware. I am now taking 1 pill (2mg) with each meal so generally 3-4 per day. I also realise that this drug works because it allows for greater nutrient absorption. Any time you do that you will get results. But I am still alive and pooping so it is all good

Originally Posted by TrueAmateur View Post
    I honestly think you missed your calling... You should've been a proctologist.
    I have assisted in a few anal cases, and have done lots of colon/gut cases. They are putting me on transplants most likely, and the hospital I work at is the same one that did Steve Jobs transplant. It is interesting to see the human body from the perspective of surgery.

Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50) Legbuh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just had to post here as I came across this old thread by chance.

I've had IBS-D for years. Also lactose and fructose intollerant.. so life sucked for many years.

But, I've used Imodium for almost a year (1 pill a day in the morning) now and it's the ONLY thing that's worked. I did notice putting on more weight and getting stronger in the last year as well after a couple stagnant years. Some of the weight is fat, some is muscle.

I also quit smoking 5 months ago, so I attribute that to more of my recent weight gain (mostly fat) lately even though I've upped my cardio and tightened my diet... just don't burn as much as I used to anymore I guess.

Anyhow, it was on the list to ask my doctor as he just ran bloodwork and found nothing wrong (in fact, my blood looked darn near perfect he said).

I think of it this way...

With IBS-D they ask if you're losing weight without trying. In my case no, I could still gain weight pretty easy, but, I also could do cuts, and maintain without keeping a log of food, I just knew how much I could eat.

Now it's not that simple and it seems I would have to starve myself to lose weight.

So, I wasn't losing weight without trying, but with my particular metabolism that was normal. With a higher metabolism, yes, I would have been losing weight. So I when I slow my gut down, I put on weight vs someone with a higher metabolism that would probably move into the "maintain or slight gain" area. I'm simply absorbing and using more calories than I eat now because half of it isn't coming out the other end.. lol

Anyhow, interesting I found this post as I was on 2 days without immodium and just had a blowout and decided to get back on it. It does work for me and does allow me to gain weight (good and bad) and get stronger. But for me it also makes losing weight that much harder. I had no idea it affected cortisol or how it worked, I just knew it did and allowed me to lead a semi-normal life.