Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    pitbullmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Blindfaith, you see Lyle's latest article?

wannabebig.com has a interview with Lyle McDonald up, the proclaimed Keto authority. He basically says in the interview that Keto diets are no better then carb diets. He says it is basically calories vs. calories out. He also states that a keto diet does promote more fat oxidation but the high levels of dietary fat offset this.

So what do you think. I am currently on my second week of a keto diet and I think when monday comes around and I drop to low cals I am gonna try a ration of 60/40 or 50/50. See if that works better. I would recommend checking out that interview www.wannabebig.com Kind of dissapointing.
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"
    "If you can't roll with the big dogs, stay on the chain"

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Blindfaith, you see Lyle's latest article?

Originally posted by pitbullmuscle
    wannabebig.com has a interview with Lyle McDonald up, the proclaimed Keto authority. He basically says in the interview that Keto diets are no better then carb diets. He says it is basically calories vs. calories out. He also states that a keto diet does promote more fat oxidation but the high levels of dietary fat offset this.

So what do you think. I am currently on my second week of a keto diet and I think when monday comes around and I drop to low cals I am gonna try a ration of 60/40 or 50/50. See if that works better. I would recommend checking out that interview www.wannabebig.com Kind of dissapointing.
    i read that interview about a month ago...very good one indeed! But he also does mention that keto is still definetly the way to go! I have had sucess on a 40-30-30 type of diet and i have had better sucess with the keto.

I guess its what you prefer...with the 40-30-30 diet i usually hit a plateau after about 8 weeks....with the keto i dont hit a plateau at all. When im doing a keto diet i usually eat maybe about 1800-2000 cals...so when you do a restricted cal diet...no matter what kind...you are going to lose weight. With carb diets...i am always hungry, never satisfied, and always craving some nachoes or pizza etc. With the keto...i sometimes forget to eat and have to remind myself that perhaps i should be eating something. I never have cravings and my energy level is insane! i cant explain it but i have as much energy as if i were on eca...but without actually taking an eca...its pretty sweet.

But anyways definetly try other kinds of diet...manipulate your carb or protein intakes...there isnt just one diet out there...try em all...i have.

cheers

defboys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ok here's a ques... if you do cardio in the morning and workout in the afternoon... d u need to drink the 30g whey and 30 g carb 2 times?

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no just do it after your weights

Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im not sure if this has been answered be4...

do those 30-50 grams of carbs......HAVE to come from vegetables? How about rice, bread, bran or oatmeal?

Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phenom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    another quiery...

if i do cardio....shud i have some sugary carbs after it...even though im in ketosis? And should THOSE carbs be counted for the day?

yes they should come from veggies because they dont affect your insuling....if you have something like bread or something sugary...it will take you outta ketosis so fast!

Fitness man recommends having a post workout shake consisting of OJ and whey protein.

Special_K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation wow!

wow blind faith, i am new to this area of bb.com and just eat lots of protein with minimal fat and carbs, i pretty much wing it and i am in good shape, almost:-). You have me intriegd! can you post a link to a good source on this diet? it would be greatly appriciated!
    thnx,
    please excuse my ignorance
    BIGGER IS MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: wow!

Originally posted by Special_K
    wow blind faith, i am new to this area of bb.com and just eat lots of protein with minimal fat and carbs, i pretty much wing it and i am in good shape, almost:-). You have me intriegd! can you post a link to a good source on this diet? it would be greatly appriciated!
    thnx,
    please excuse my ignorance
    here you go!

http://low-carb.org/faq/

cheers

Thumbs up

thanks a lot bro

just to let some of you know...ive been dieting for about 6 weeks now and have dropped approx 26lbs using the ckd....got 6 more weeks to go! wish me luck!

cheers

jasonlemon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

FOODS

My wife and I want to try this. What I cant figure out is what foods do I get fat from. Can someone maybe list the foods. I looked at a few things like peanut butter but it all has carbs. thanks

Jeffinchico has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question water and fiber

how much water should I be drinking and what is a good source of fiber that compliments this diet? any help appreciated

Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Del has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: FOODS

Originally posted by jasonlemon
    My wife and I want to try this. What I cant figure out is what foods do I get fat from. Can someone maybe list the foods. I looked at a few things like peanut butter but it all has carbs. thanks
    If you want a high fat spread, try macadamia spread from the health food store... macadamias are the lowest carbs nuts I am aware of.

Otherwise look into whipped cream ;-) eggs, good oils etc.

Psyllium husk and salad (baby rocket is v. tasty) for fibre.

cheers,

del
    "Conformity breeds mediorcraty"
    -Gustave Flaubert

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it, and that is poetry"
    -John Cage

metamusil or fibercon

Thumbs up Blind Faith

good for you bro, that is great! Do you lift alot, and have you been able to build any mass, or atleast keep what you have with all that weight loss? and if so i am on the band wagon, i just eat about 4000 calories a day, but i lift hard and am pretty big, i dont want to lose that but i do need to see my abs a little better:-)

Good luck bro, keep it going! and keep us posted if you dont mind.

Later!
    John

thanx for the encouragment bro! much appreciated!

right now im doing the mat-ot program step by step to a tee! and absolutely love it! its the best training regime i have ever used! im not too sure if ive gained any size because im already 255lbs but all i know is im dropping fat like a mofo!

i train monday to friday...i do 45 mins of cardio 4 times a week and i play almost 2 hours of racquetball on saturdays and sundays.

i train first thing in the morning at about 6am...and i do this all on an empty stomach.

the supplements that i take are....biotests t2, caffine tabs, yohimbe, lipoderm-y, liver tabs, glutamine, and multi vits...and i do a Usnic Acid cycle every so often.

I have finally found a program and diet that compliment each other very well and work good for my needs and schedule.

Thumbs up

Thats great bro, i think you have talked me into it, i will do a little more research on the keto thing and give it a try, you seem to have plenty of energy! wish me luck and take care bro.

Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)
    "i personally like the 40-30-30 diet...this is a good well rounded diet that you can eat lots of different things. You can lose some really good weight with this but you can also plateau at it too. The keto will countinue to burn fat untill there is none left. "
    Lemme play devil's advocate.
    Who is 5% or 4% bf doing keto?
    and who is that low doing 40/40/20 or 40/30/30?
    I think keto brings real high BF down a lot . but the last few % is pure intensity, not so much keto/not keto
    Last edited by Meni; 12-01-2002 at 10:41 AM.

musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000) musmar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Interesting...

newguy72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One question for you guys, I understand that you should still consume simple carbs post-workout, and not count those in your daily totals, but does this include after cardio work if it is done seperately(sp?)?

For instance, I train boxing and wrestling for cardio, and sometimes do interval training on the treadmill first thing in the morning. Should I consume some simple carbs after these activities to try to preserve muscle? Even if I work out around 10 at night?

Thanks for all your help.

Question

this diet goes against everything i have ever learned, but if it works that well for so many people than i guess i may have to give it a shot!!!!

The_Natural has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I AM GETTING READY MY FIRST KETO DIET. I WILL START TOMMOROW MORNING (SUNDAY).

What percent of fat calories should be saturated fat and what percent should be poly, mono????

Do you take in carbs/protein after weight workouts and cardio workouts?

Do PW carbs/protein count towards your daily calories??

How many grams of carbs a day?

Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100) Meni is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally posted by The_Natural
    I AM GETTING READY MY FIRST KETO DIET. I WILL START TOMMOROW MORNING (SUNDAY).

What percent of fat calories should be saturated fat and what percent should be poly, mono????

Do you take in carbs/protein after weight workouts and cardio workouts?

Do PW carbs/protein count towards your daily calories??

How many grams of carbs a day?
    I don't do keto but I would suggest
    80% unsaturated/ 20% saturated (or even less)

if you are cutting, i wouldn't take carbs/protein after cardio
    just glutamine

postworkout, yes carbs and protein

I personally only count the protein cals towards my daily intake
    Not sure what others do

not including PW, i would say 30 grams of carbs a day

hope someone on keto replies to your question

greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) greg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

Originally posted by Blindfaith

the example would need 3000 calories a day to maintain weight, and 2500 calories to begin fat loss.

Q for you guys: The man said that in order to maintain weight you should eat 3000 cals and to loose fat you need to eat 2500. so that means that i should eat 2500 or 3000 cause im confused.

Where are all the ketoers ?
    zzzzzzzzzzz

overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) overdeveloped is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    one of my friends who wrestles is on this and it is working like a charm for him. Definitely the RIGHT diet. I just wanna know, should milk, maybe 1% or so, be included in this diet. It has some carbs and sugar, but it's milk and i'm used to drinking A LOT of it? Thanks

peace

milk is a no no on a keto diet....i will toss you outta ketosis fast! take whey protein powder instead.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JFP2026 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Blindfaith
    the first time i ever did a keto diet...i lost like 30lbs in a month...went from 250-217...and after that i just ate whatever....3 months later i was 257lbs...i gained it all back and more! its different for everyone...i say stick with it right up to a few days before your wedding and then eat whatever until u get back from your honeymoon. That should limit u from too much reboud weight.

cheers!

and congrats on getting married!
    So what your saying is you lost fat, then you blew back up after keto the first time?

Was that because you didn't eat right, or do you blow up everytime you come out of keto?

I was considering using keto in April to cut, so I was just wondering.

its because i ate like **** after i came off the diet and i just ended up gaining back everything and more....so when you come off the diet you should slowly introduce carbs back into your system.
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect