Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Step By Step Keto Diet Plan!

The Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: True Fat Loss

In recent media, low carbohydrate diets have been THE fad for almost everybody in America wanting to lose weight. From your secretaries, elementary school teachers, and desk clerks, to bodybuilders, models, actresses, and athletes.

However, there is a huge difference between those who follow an Atkins plan and those who follow a cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD). Atkins is a low carb plan for those who are quite sedentary, walk maybe 3 times a week at the most, and just follow normal everyday activities. So forget Atkins here. The CKD is for those who’s main concern is true fat loss and muscle preservation—muscle for sports and high intensity activities.

My opinion for those who practice Atkins is that while they do lose fat, there is much water loss and most importantly muscle loss. Something we athletes do not want. A CKD is a true fat loss diet that works undeniably, if followed properly and strictly. Yes, low carb diets can be hell at first, but after two to three weeks, there have been anecdotal reports from many dieters that the cravings for carbohydrates decrease. This route to fat burning is unlike any traditional diet all the low-fat diet authors and FDA people have been advocating in history.

I got turned onto this diet a few years back when I got tired of cutting fat and still not being able to lose those last percentage points of bodyfat without losing hard earned muscle. I would start a low-fat diet, and be a either a social misfit (not going out with my friends to party or not going out to eat). Or in the worse case, feel so deprived of delicious junk foods I missed and bail out on the diet all together. One advantage to this diet is that there is no true restrictions on food. One may eat anything labeled a "food"! Well, almost. I’ll explain later.

How the diet works.

The science behind the CKD is simple. Carbohydrates in the diet cause an insulin (a "storage" hormone) output in the pancreas. It is used to store glycogen, amino acids into muscles, while causing excess calories to be stored as fat. So common sense asks me, "How can one try to break down fat, when your body is in a storage-type mode?" Difficult to do, indeed. That is why it makes perfect sense for step one to be cutting carbs.

The next thing that happens in your body is the rise in catecholamines (a "fat mobilizing" hormone), cortisol (a "breakdown" hormone), and growth hormone. Now your body realizes there’s no more carbs to burn for energy, so it must find another energy source: fat.

This usually happens during a metabolic condition called "ketosis." This is when your liver is out of glycogen and starts to produce ketones (by-products of fatty acids). You can check your status of whether or not you are in ketosis with urinalysis strips you can pick up at any local drug store called "Ketostix." Just urinate and see if it turns color. If so, you have ketones in the urine.

When the body is fed fat and protein, it will use dietary fat along with bodyfat for energy with protein going towards repair.

As a side note, there is another reason why this diet makes the most sense to use while keeping muscle. When one follows a high carbohydrate, low-fat, reduced-calorie diet, there’s a point when some bodyfat is burned, but when the body is still in a carbohydrate burning metabolism while trying to lose "weight," it will strip down precious body protein to convert to glucose for energy.

On the other hand, during fat metabolism, protein cannot be converted into free-fatty acids for energy. Although there is no scientific research done on this, there have been reports from followers that there truly is a "protein-sparing" effect. It makes sense doesn’t it? Where else would the body look for fat energy when all dietary fat is burned? Bodyfat.

Diet Requirements Mon. to Fri.

The phrase "working smarter, not harder" applies here more than any diet one has tried. One must fully understand what they must do in order to optimize their goal. To set a CKD up, one cannot just expect to cut all carbs in the diet, train hard, and lose fat! Although some have come up with variations to this plan, the one stated in this article, I have found, has worked for myself (it got me to 6% BF), and other clients I’ve trained to the leanest, hardest they’ve ever been.

First, to set up the diet, write down your lean mass weight. Not your total weight, dough boy. If you weigh 200, but have 20% bodyfat, your lean mass weight would be around 160 pounds. Multiply this by one, getting your grams of protein requirements for a day. Make sure you eat at least one gram of protein/pound of lean mass! This is important in recovery from workouts and enough nitrogen retention to keep muscle. Next, multiply by four, to get your protein calories. Here, it is 640.

The rest of your caloric requirements for the day should be fat. Here is the catch: you must eat fat to burn fat. There’s no way around it. There are many advantages to dietary fat on this diet: Feeling of fullness since fat digestion is slow (less hunger), tastes great, and lowers blood glucose levels (lowering insulin and allow all the fat burning hormones to do their job).

So how much fat? I always recommend starting out with a 500 calorie deficit from your maintenance calories. If you don’t know, it is usually 15 times body weight (full body weight here) depending on an individuals metabolic rate. So here, the example would need 3000 calories a day to maintain weight, and 2500 calories to begin fat loss.

2500 minus 640 (protein calories) is 1860 which works out to be around 206 fat grams a day. Now as you go deeper into the diet, and find the need to restrict calories more, you must cut fat calories, not protein.

The Weekend Carb Load

Since muscle glycogen is the main source of energy for anaerobic exercise such as weight training, we cannot simply deplete all stores while working out and not fill them back up. If that does happen, be rest-assured that the body WILL use protein for fuel then. But this won’t happen on the CKD.

Your one and a half days of "freedom" allow you to do two things: First, reward your carb cravings from the previous days, allowing you to enjoy pleasures like pizza, pasta, breads, etc. Second, eating these things are physiologically rewarding as insulin levels run high, storing amino acids and carbs, as glycogen, into the depleted muscle allowing you to be able to workout again the following week.

Your "carb-up" should begin Friday night and last until around midnight Saturday. Now the next important issue to address is how many carbs. Some lucky individuals find that they eat whatever they want for the 24-30 hour time interval and receive perfect glycogen compensation, while others rely on a better statistical number.

What has been recommended by other authors of the CKD is 10-12 grams of carbs per kilogram of lean mass. Again, time to do math. Our example had 160 pounds of lean mass, so divide that by the conversion factor of 2.2, and we get roughly 73 kg.

100 Grams of easily digested liquid carbs along with around half as many grams of carbs in protein (here 50) as a whey shake or something of that nature should be taken right after the last workout (which I will address in the workout section of the article) when insulin sensitivity will be at its greatest.

A few hours later this individual will start to spread the remaining 630 grams of carbs, along with the important number of 160 grams of protein (remember, keep this constant) during the remainder of the compensation period.

So what about dietary fat? I know you’re reminding yourself, "Didn’t this guy mention pizza?" Yes, I did. And here’s why. During the first 24-30 hours of carbing up, the body will use all dietary carbohydrates to refill glycogen, protein for rebuilding, and get this: fat for energy. Still?

Just like the previous five and a half days. Makes sense. When all the carbohydrates are being used for more important functions (muscle), what else is there to be used? However, you can’t just eat all the fat you want. Keep grams of fat intake below your body weight in kilograms. Again, here our example will keep is fat below 73 during the carb-fest.

By anecdotal reports, this should keep fat regain minimal to nil. Keeping fat intake extremely low has even caused some extra fat burning during the carb up!

As stated before, some dietary fat should be eaten to slow digestion and keep sugar levels stable. Whether it be saturated, unsaturated, or essential fats, is the dieter’s decision. All have nine calories per gram. (Note: there is a claim that essential fatty acids such as flax seed oil increase insulin sensitivity within the muscle cells, in turn, increasing glycogen intake.)

In Case You Missed It

So here’s how it breaks down during the week: Sunday through Friday afternoon , you will follow the low carb diet outlined above. Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein—no fat or carbs.

Some have found to enjoy a protein shake afterwards because they are easily digested. Do whatever works for you. But fat is not logical since you want the protein to fuel the healing process as quickly as possible and fat will only slow it down.

Friday afternoon, around two hours before your last workout of the week, eat two to three pieces of fruit. This will get your body/liver ready to start the carb loading and give you some energy for that final, dreadful workout (trust me, during the first few weeks, you will not want to do that final workout, but you must). Then from Friday night until Saturday at midnight or until bed, eat those carbs!
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    HERE IS THE REST OF THE ARTICLE

CKD Workout

Now, the question is, how do we workout to optimize muscle preservation and keep our metabolism up while dieting? Before we get into that, one must realize that during any dieting scheme there is one thing that must be done, and one thing that must not be done.

First, you must keep training volume lower than your usual routine. Overtraining is probably the number one killer in motivation, it deprives sleep, and hinders fat loss.

Second, you must not fall into the myth of lighter weights with higher reps. You got your muscle by benching 240, and you have to bench 240 to keep that same muscle! Or at least around that area! Okay, now that we have that established, here’s what we do:

On Monday and Tuesday we will work our weaker body parts, rest or cardio on Wednesday and Thursday mornings, Thursday do our strongest body parts, and Friday a combination of the Monday/Tuesday workouts in a loop format. The workout I have found to work optimally for myself and my clients is this:

(Note: You may feel free to tweak, shake, and turn this example upside down.

Everybody is different, so find what works for you.)

MONDAY: Chest, Back, Abs

High intensity workouts with 60 sec rest between sets, 90 sec rest between

each exercise

(this excludes all warm up sets)

Bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

T-bar Row 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Incline bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Latpulldown to front 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Dips or Decline bench 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Shrugs 3 sets, 6-10 reps

Flys (any type) 2 sets, 10-12 reps

Reverse flys 2 sets, 10-12 reps

Stiff-leg deadlift 3 sets, 10-12 reps

Rope ab crunch 3 sets, 10-15 reps

Reverse crunch 3 sets, 10-20 reps

TUESDAY: Shoulders, Arms

Same intensity mentioned before

Behind the neck shoulder press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Military press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Preacher curls 3 sets, 8-10 reps

French press or "skull-crushers" 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Shoulder raises (any type) 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Hammers 3 sets, 8-10 reps

V-bar tricep press 3 sets, 8-10 reps

Forearm curls 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Reverse forearm curls 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Wednesday: Rest or Cardio

Thursday morning: Rest or Cardio

Later on Thursday: Legs

Squat or Leg press 4 sets, 6-10 reps

Lying leg curl 4 sets, 6-10 reps

Standing calf raise 4 sets 6-10 reps

Leg extensions 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Seated leg curl 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Seated calf raise 4 sets, 10-12 reps

Friday night: Final Workout

Bench 2 sets, 6-10 reps

T-bar Row 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Incline bench 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Latpulldown to front 2 sets, 6-10 reps

Behind the neck shoulder press 1 set, 8-10 reps

Military press 1 set, 8-10 reps

Either curl exercise 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Either tricep exercise 2 sets, 8-10 reps

Stiffleg deadift 1 set, 8-10 reps

Normal floor ab crunch 2 sets, 10-20 reps

Reverse crunches 2 sets, 10-20 reps

Start the carb up for 24-30 hours!

Aerobics

Before we go on, I want to address the cardio/aerobics issue. Some people find that for the first month on a CKD, cardio/aerobics is not needed. However when fat loss does start to slow down a bit, that is when most start adding 30 min. sessions on their off days. Be careful though, you do not want to hinder your Thursday leg workout. So experiment and try to only add aerobic sessions if you feel you have to.

Supplements

So we have the basic diet outline stated, the workout, now what about supplements? Things that can extremely optimize this diet regime. Well, I have to admit no allegiance to any supplement company on this one: Water. Water is important on any diet, especially low carb since there is a diuretic effect, and more importantly during the carbing period. Glycogen is stored with water! You need as much water as possible to hydrate the depleted muscle. Trust me, you will feel a huge "pump" on Sunday morning from all the stored carbs and water INSIDE your muscle.

Speaking of muscle, the god of all sports supplement right now: Creatine. It can still be used on a low carb diet. Usually 10 grams a day during the low carb days, and around 20-30 grams during the carbing period should work for most everybody. I highly recommend it for everybody who doesn’t get an upset stomach using it.

Finally, one that everyone that’s dieted before knows about: The ECA stack. Most have not used pure ECA, but mainly herbal extracts in thermogenic products sold by sports supplement companies. For a pre-work out boost and increased fat burning through thermogenics (heat), this is my favorite supplement. It does its job, you feel it happening, and it can help you psychologically when you don’t feel like working out that day.

Conclusion

With all this said, I will throw my personal opinion, thanks and motivation on or for the cyclical ketogenic diet. First of all, to me, it is the greatest diet every developed. It makes sense, works and isn’t as hard to follow as one might think. Just stay motivated and concentrate on your goal.

When you have a craving during the week for that cupcake or pasta, just go eat a delicious serving of some pepperoni and melted mozzarella cheese. Or how about a hamburger patty covered in cheddar cheese and some strips of bacon? Foods that are delicious and that can satiate hunger.

I followed this exact plan this past summer for eight weeks and loss 18 pounds of fat without any loss in muscle. It was the leanest and most vascular I had ever seen myself.

And I must give thanks where thanks are due since I did not come up with this diet. Dan Duchaine, who recently passed away, brought my attention to a CKD with his book BodyOpus and Lyle McDonald has done deep research and wrote his book The Ketogenic Diet: A Complete Guide for the Dieter and Practitioner.

This diet can be for you. Oh you’re only a mass builder? Well, lower bodyfat percentages even make you look bigger! Give it some thought and decide. Then achieve your goal. It’s worth it: A diet with true fat loss.

COMPLIMENTS OF KAKDIESEL FROM ELITE

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT ALL YOU BRO'S WITH ENDLESS AMOUNTS OF QUESTOINS! PEACE!

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Holy shnickeys.

Man, I can't bring myself to start a keto diet. It just seems so bloody unnatural... I know it works but it's scary in a way.

what is it about that diet that troubles you???

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Blindfaith
    what is it about that diet that troubles you???
    Eating so much fat... And I see a lot of typical keto diets where people are eating lots of sausage, etc and I get worried about saturated fat intake and LDL rocketing up. Maybe it's just part of my conditioning from the uninformed to hate fat...

Would be it possible to do something like this:

Meal 1:
    2 eggs, 8oz skim, 1 tblsp olive oil

Meal 2:
    4oz chicken breast, pepperoni stick, 1tblsp olive oil, salad

Meal 3:
    2 pepperoni sticks, 1 tin tuna, 1tblsp olive oil

Meal 4:
    1 6oz steak, 1 tblsp olive oil, salad

Meal 5: Cheddar cheese, 8oz skim, 1tblsp olive oil

I figure that's about 200p, 120f, 30c or so... Is that a good example of a keto diet?

Originally posted by daniel2166

Eating so much fat... And I see a lot of typical keto diets where people are eating lots of sausage, etc and I get worried about saturated fat intake and LDL rocketing up. Maybe it's just part of my conditioning from the uninformed to hate fat...
    i know exactly what you mean....studies have shown that this diet is not harmful if done right....i dont agree with the Atkins diet because too much muscle is wasted on it....and too long in ketosis isnt good for you either.....ketones are toxic to the brain...thats why u feel retarted when doing the atkins diet.

It is a really boring diet...eggs, bacon, steak etc....but it is something that will get you the results that you need!

here is a sweet link!!! Check it out!

http://www.solid.net/lowcarb/lylemcd/

Can you get dietary fat from oils?

flax would be your best bet for omega3 fatty acids

stay away from milk, and any vegitable with seeds in it

I eat lots of salmon so omega-3s aren't a problem...

I'm thinking of eating a greens salad w/ a few of the meals to keep the diet healthier. W/ a tablespoon of olive oil on it and such.

the extra oil is welcome....you need lots of fat in your diet

I figure I'll be eating 3-4 little salads made of stuff like cucumber, lettuce, brocoli and cauliflower throughout the day. I'm gonna be cutting out all carbs except the carbs in these salads.

This a good idea? I figure several little salads will add up to 30g carbs, right?

And I'm also taking glutamine.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    very good article, but I will add my opinion.

I believe you should get a cabr/protein shake after EACH workout
    I think you could eat low GI veggies during the week (in moderation)

Supplements: I would love to see glutamine and ALA before any ECA stack.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

that carb or protein drink could put u out of ketosis....which is a no no!

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ketosis is not needed the whole basis is to lower insulin until after workout which then a insulin spike is needed to shuttle nutrition into muscle cells

i think you guys should get a book or 3
    The Ketogenic Diet - Lyle McDonald
    UnderGround BodyOpus- Dan Duchaine
    The Metabolic Diet - Dr. Mauro DiPasquale

www.theketogenicdiet.com
    www.solid.net/lowcarb/lylemcd/
    www.metabolicdiet.com

also i have read alot of articles where people say that you dont have to have ketones on the ketosticks for you do be using fat for fuel so if anyone is striving to see ketones stop as long as you get under 100 carbs a day (and are exercising regularly) you should be fine now fitnessman splits the carbs up a good way after the workout they take in i think 30-50 carbs in a shake with 30 grams of WHEY protein you can also put creatine in the shake he gets good results with this and he also has clients of his practicing this they get good results as well
    Last edited by princessbigman; 06-09-2002 at 03:28 PM.

It's easier to just eat next to no carbs than count a smaller amount.

I wanna see what my father says after I've lost 20 pounds and I tell him I ate bacon, peanut butter and mayo everyday. lol

That article says you need to eat 1.5g of fat for every gram of protein+carb combined. Every keto diet I've seen on this site hasn't been like this.
    Last edited by daniel2166; 06-09-2002 at 04:09 PM.

this diet is a little different...but still a keto diet....it just makes sure that u dont lose any muscle

Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stomper has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good info, thanks!!
    If I wanted to add ALA, when should I take it?? Maybe taking ALA with a protein and carb shake after training would keep you out of ketosis??
    Make your body strong.. and your mind will follow!
    Looking for a stomping crew??

just take ala how you would normally take it.....i take it with my meals

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by daniel2166
    Holy shnickeys.

Man, I can't bring myself to start a keto diet. It just seems so bloody unnatural... I know it works but it's scary in a way.
    That's funny, because for 99 000 years (give or take a few) we've relied on fats and protein as predominant energy sources, with seasonal berries and roots as a minor source. Only 1000 years ago or somewhere around there have we begun to eat grains and develop a harder agricultural lifestyle. Anthropologists have said that it takes around 400 generations to fully adapt to dietary changes so severe. Yay, only 7000 more years to go!

Also, CyberGod was right on the money with the protein/carb postworkout shake. fitnessman has said that it doesn't throw one out of ketosis since they are used for glycogen and protein synthesis immediately, as opposed to filling energy requirements. I've veried this to be true using ketostix.
    Last edited by hooty mcboobs; 06-12-2002 at 01:18 PM.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Einstein

Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Nutz is just really nice. (+1000)
    :bump:

so is anybody trying this, im seriously thinking of giving it a go..

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking Great info

I will add one thing. The post training shake is a must. 30g whey and 30g juice. This will NOT take you out of ketosis.

The benefits I have stated over and over. Do not skip the shake!

Think I will make this a sticky.
    Psalm 121

BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re:

I have found that being on a ketotic diet is much better for fat loss than being on a low carb diet. 0 carbs is definitely the way to go. Here is some more of what I have found works really well.
    Instead of working out all through the week, do a full body workout at the end of the carb up and have a post workout meal with carbs after that workout. Do as much low intensity cardio, ie walking, as you can. I would do low intensity as much as 4 hours a day. Drink a ton of water. Eat a lot of vegetables that only have fiber as their carbs. Don't eat unless you are hungry. Keep protein intake fairly low at around 0.8 g/lb bw. Saturated fats are okay, but unsaturated seem to work better. Lastly do not worry about losing too fast. If the loss comes mostly from low intensity activity rather than dropping calories then you can achieve phenomenal losses in fat.

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Great info

Originally posted by fitnessman
    I will add one thing. The post training shake is a must. 30g whey and 30g juice. This will NOT take you out of ketosis.

The benefits I have stated over and over. Do not skip the shake!

Think I will make this a sticky.
    Hey fitnessman!!!

Just a question bout the juice, I've read that fructose (which is what I'm guessing is in juice) is used to refil liver glycogen and not skeletal muscle. Is this right, or am I just talking ****!!!

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Re:

Originally posted by BurritoJimmy
    I have found that being on a ketotic diet is much better for fat loss than being on a low carb diet. 0 carbs is definitely the way to go. Here is some more of what I have found works really well.
    Instead of working out all through the week, do a full body workout at the end of the carb up and have a post workout meal with carbs after that workout. Do as much low intensity cardio, ie walking, as you can. I would do low intensity as much as 4 hours a day. Drink a ton of water. Eat a lot of vegetables that only have fiber as their carbs. Don't eat unless you are hungry. Keep protein intake fairly low at around 0.8 g/lb bw. Saturated fats are okay, but unsaturated seem to work better. Lastly do not worry about losing too fast. If the loss comes mostly from low intensity activity rather than dropping calories then you can achieve phenomenal losses in fat.
    Jimmy, 4 hours is not enough!!! You should aim for at least 6 hours a day, more if you can!!! You should also try to include sex for at least 2 hours a day as cardio. If you can't just try to simulate it upon waking and before sleep!!! LMAO!!!

Keep em coming jimmy!!!

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Correct

chrisg that is correct.

I am a big fan of protein Power Lifesplan by the Eades doctors...A must read I feel.
    Psalm 121

Question Re: Correct

Originally posted by fitnessman
    chrisg that is correct.

I am a big fan of protein Power Lifesplan by the Eades doctors...A must read I feel.
    so how come we want to fill our liver? I thought you'd want to fill our muscles first, as they need it more and you'd be able to deplete from your muscles faster???

The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re:

(questions were answered)
    Last edited by The Greg; 07-19-2002 at 03:58 PM.