ketonenewbe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Possible way to measure blood ketone level using a generic (and cheap)breathalyzer

Hi everyone,
    Having a bit of education in Chemistry and Biology, and having spent several dozen hours reading online published research done into Keto and how alcohol breathalyzers work, I may have found a formula to convert the blood alcohol info you get from the breathalyzer (BAC%) into blood ketone level (β-hydroxybutyrate).
    I'm NOT a scientist, so this is more of an educated guess than anything else.
    If you have both a cheap breathalyzer and a blood ketone meter and you can check if the formula works, I would love to get some feedback, either negative or positive.
    Just enter the BAC% read you get from the breathalyzer into the following Google Sheet and you should get the correlating blood ketone level:
    h**ps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F0G9zt3LMa3PLu8kDT53SC5-aqUIAPwguYdGe3QNhZ8/edit#gid=0
    Good Luck!

* If you have both a cheap breathalyaer
    and a blood ketone meter, please share your
    results in the adjacent sheet. Tab labled
    "Actual Results" underlined in red on the
    bottom of the page. Thank You.

*** This isn't accurate, but so far it seems to give a good estimation, roughly within 0.5mM blood ketons in either direction
    Last edited by ketonenewbe; 03-10-2017 at 02:45 PM.