Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 3640
    Sircrayon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi,

I am a little confused about this diet so I wanted to get a few things cleared up

Correct me if I am wrong but this is how the diet works:

Sunday - Friday: Eat a really low amount of carbs(pretty much none) just fat + protien
    Friday - Sat: Carb build up

It says here "Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein—no fat or carbs."

Im confused here, your saying to not eat fat/protein on workout days? So does that mean all you eat is carbs on your workout days.....??

Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Livingitup44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sircrayon View Post
    Hi,

I am a little confused about this diet so I wanted to get a few things cleared up

Correct me if I am wrong but this is how the diet works:

Sunday - Friday: Eat a really low amount of carbs(pretty much none) just fat + protien
    Friday - Sat: Carb build up

It says here "Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein—no fat or carbs."

Im confused here, your saying to not eat fat/protein on workout days? So does that mean all you eat is carbs on your workout days.....??
    haha that is a little confusing how they word it but yes u are definitely on the right track. It means after you work out take your whey protein and water only (so not fat right after working out). 60-90 minutes you can continue eating fats and the very little carbs (under 30g/per day but for the first week I would try to stay under 20g to really shock your body) It may take a little searching to figure out your diet macros, but keto is 65% of your calories from fat, 30% from protein, and 5% from carbs.
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever"-Lance Armstrong :)

"I get nervous before leg days" lol

Thanks for your response.

So what is the difference between a low-carb diet and a keto diet? (sorry if this was in the first post)

and are there any effects during the week - during the no carb days? will you feel more tired? What happens if you do not eat sufficient fat/protein but still maintain the 30carb/day limit?

And how important is following the workout schedule you give?
    (Working out Mon, Tue, Cardio WEd, Thur, Fri)

So weekends are completly off?

Lastly, you mention eating bacon and other saturated fats, wouldnt that be unhealthy?
    Last edited by Sircrayon; 07-13-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Olive oil, butter, cream, cream cheese, coconut, all good high fat.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleaboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not Hungry

On day three of Keto and i have not been hungry. So many people have meantioned being hungry at the start of Keto.
    Is it possible i am doing somthing wrong?

My ratio's today are:
    Total cals- 2100
    Fat- 64%
    Pro- 31%
    Carbs- 5%
    Where to go and what to do?!

HIIT the GYM & TRAIN!!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    By day three, you could well be going into ketosis and feeling the lack of hunger.

I'm going to start this diet starting Saturday night - will be my carb up phase

My main concern here is how do you know your in ketosis?
    Also, what happens if you are not eating a sufficient amount of fat?

Thanks
    Last edited by Sircrayon; 07-17-2009 at 12:33 PM.

clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to start this diet starting Saturday night - will be my carb up phase

My main concern here is how do you know your in ketosis?
    Also, what happens if you are not eating a sufficient amount of fat?

Thanks
    I'd strongly suggest you read the threads stickied at the top of the forum, but here are some quick answers. You don't carb up when you start the diet, you need about two weeks on it first. There are a number of physical symptoms, well documented in the threads. When you aren't eating enough fat you will have to utilize another source of energy, protein. Likely from muscles.
    You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there - Edwin Louis Cole

Originally Posted by clicker666 View Post
    I'd strongly suggest you read the threads stickied at the top of the forum, but here are some quick answers. You don't carb up when you start the diet, you need about two weeks on it first. There are a number of physical symptoms, well documented in the threads. When you aren't eating enough fat you will have to utilize another source of energy, protein. Likely from muscles.
    Thanks,

So you dont do your first carb-up until 2 weeks into it? so only protein/fat for the nexxt 2 weeks???

clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10) clicker666 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks,

So you dont do your first carb-up until 2 weeks into it? so only protein/fat for the nexxt 2 weeks???
    Meat and veggies. Yup. Granted, if you look at the diet samples you'll probably get some good ideas. But overall, meat, cheese, eggs, vegetables are what you'll be eating until you get creative.
    You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there - Edwin Louis Cole

vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did this diet for about a week and a half. I was 152 pounds and about 5'6". My reason for doing it was to try to cut down the fat around my stomach and to work towards a six pack. I am moderately toned everywhere else. After a week and a half, my weight dropped to 148. I did lose some fat around the stomach but I also look "smaller" everywhere else. It looks like my arms and chest got smaller too. I was lifting everyday moderately and taking creatine. Some days I would walk 4 miles too but that would be the only time I moved that day so it could have been negligible.

I stopped because that wasn't what I was going for but I still have to try to get a six pack some how!

What type of cardio is recommended.

HIIT or low intensity

Originally Posted by vrundmc View Post
    I did this diet for about a week and a half. I was 152 pounds and about 5'6". My reason for doing it was to try to cut down the fat around my stomach and to work towards a six pack. I am moderately toned everywhere else. After a week and a half, my weight dropped to 148. I did lose some fat around the stomach but I also look "smaller" everywhere else. It looks like my arms and chest got smaller too. I was lifting everyday moderately and taking creatine. Some days I would walk 4 miles too but that would be the only time I moved that day so it could have been negligible.

I stopped because that wasn't what I was going for but I still have to try to get a six pack some how!
    You may have stopped too soon. It's normal on a keto diet for muscles to look smaller and flatter as they are depleted of glycogen. As soon as you carb-up, they should get all swollen and pretty again.

What type of cardio is recommended.

HIIT or low intensity
    Whatever works for you. In the first couple of weeks, I would concentrate on weights and not worry about cardio. LISS if you want to do some. HIIT will leave you feeling shattered. But once you are used to keto and your body can run on fat, you'll find you can do HIIT if you want to.

MatrixBaller04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, here's the way I understand it. (And I am going to stick to a strict 2000 calorie diet to increase fat loss by not taking in as much fat.)

Monday - Friday:

Protein - 125 grams
    Protein - 500 calories

Fat - 167 grams
    Fat - 1500 calories

Saturday - Sunday (Carb up days):
    Carbs - 90 grams
    Carbs - 909 calories

Fat - Below 90 grams
    Fat - Below 810 calories

Sound about right? I will continue to do my weightlifting routine, along with walking every day to increase fat loss.

Should I definitely see results, and will my body go into ketosis?

Looks good, but I'd stick with one carb-up day until you see how you handle them. You need to be pretty ripped before you can do two.

dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcd5269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how can i calculate how many carbs i need? im 6 feet tall, 210 lb, and about 19% body fat. i would like to start keto as soon as possible so any help would be appreciated.

how do i figure out 65%, 30%, 5%? do i need to know how much i eat already?

If you know your maintenance calories, work from those. Drop a few hundred to create a deficit, then go 30% cals as protein, 65% as fat, and 5% as carbs. As a general rule, 20g of carbs is a good working number.

Or you can work from your lean mass. 1g of protein and 1g of fat per pound of lean mass, and 20g of carbs.

Aoshi1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So here?€™s how it breaks down during the week: Sunday through Friday afternoon , you will follow the low carb diet outlined above. Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein?€”no fat or carbs.
    I am just wondering (sorry, new here) based on this, since I am working our 4 days a week...On workout days, do I eat ONLY protien, or do I just cut back on the fat and protien that I would normally intake on the days I have off? Or do I just stop eatin fat that day AFTER the workout?

Sorry, I just want to get this right, it's a bit confusing if you're stepping into it for the first time ^^

*edit* NVM, saw that Livingitup44 seems to have answered it
    Last edited by Aoshi1; 08-12-2009 at 02:14 AM.

On workout days, you eat normal keto (fat and protein and veg) meals all day long, except for immediate after a weights workout, when you have a protein shake. This should be mainly protein, might have a small amount of high-gi carbs and should have no fat. Wait for 60-90 minutes after this shake, then resume normal keto meals.

CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    On workout days, you eat normal keto (fat and protein and veg) meals all day long, except for immediate after a weights workout, when you have a protein shake. This should be mainly protein, might have a small amount of high-gi carbs and should have no fat. Wait for 60-90 minutes after this shake, then resume normal keto meals.
    Just an answer I was looking for! Couple quick ones on this. I did make a thread but I am glad you answered in here.

1. Would fruit be ok to consume 30 min pre work and post work out. 15 gram Carb pre 15 gram Post?

2. If I choose to do this should I eliminate my friday Carb up?

Thanks Eileen!
    That that don't kill me.. can only make me stronger..

Fruit has the interesting characteristic that it knocks you out of ketosis like lightening. You'd be better with something without fructose like oatmeal or wholegrain bread if you were planning on eating a carb meal before your workout.

However, what is the point of that? Your workout is a great chance to burn mega calories, so why give your body carbs to burn instead? It's one thing if you are competitive, and you have training sessions where you are expected to preform to a certain standard, but if you are lifting to get bigger and stronger and more ripped, then stay on keto and take a slightly longer rest if necessary.

A cup of expresso, possibly with whipped cream or coconut oil before a workout is an alternative.

Normally, you either go TKD (carb meals before workouts, big shake after, no carb-up) or CKD (no carbs before, small whey shake after, regular carb-ups). Not both.

CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFree3344 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fruit has the interesting characteristic that it knocks you out of ketosis like lightening. You'd be better with something without fructose like oatmeal or wholegrain bread if you were planning on eating a carb meal before your workout.

However, what is the point of that? Your workout is a great chance to burn mega calories, so why give your body carbs to burn instead? It's one thing if you are competitive, and you have training sessions where you are expected to preform to a certain standard, but if you are lifting to get bigger and stronger and more ripped, then stay on keto and take a slightly longer rest if necessary.

A cup of expresso, possibly with whipped cream or coconut oil before a workout is an alternative.

Normally, you either go TKD (carb meals before workouts, big shake after, no carb-up) or CKD (no carbs before, small whey shake after, regular carb-ups). Not both.
    Sounds good to me. I was just looking for some clarification. So would a small amount of carbs after also be eliminated? Or if the 15 or so grams fit into my macros I should be OK?

Originally Posted by CFree3344 View Post
    Sounds good to me. I was just looking for some clarification. So would a small amount of carbs after also be eliminated? Or if the 15 or so grams fit into my macros I should be OK?
    About 10g or so of dextrose in your shake would be ok. It's not totally necessary, but a lot of people find it helps. Don't go overboard with it.

About 10g or so of dextrose in your shake would be ok. It's not totally necessary, but a lot of people find it helps. Don't go overboard with it.
    Thanks! I def won't. If I notice it is slowing my progress I will cut it out.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So I used the keto diet calculator on this page http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm . I entered my weight 245lbs, my body fat %-30 and meals per day-6. These are the daily numbers it shot back at me.

protein/day-172grams 689 calories
    fat/day- 306grams 3247 calories

This has me reeeeeeaaaaaalllly confused. I thought the % ratio on fat, protein, carbs was supposed to be 65,30, 5. This is showing my fat calories to be over 4x what my protein cals are when it should be roughly doubled correct? What am I missing here?

That's too high for you. Work out your lean mass, and eat that number of grams of protein and fat a day, pluse 20g of carbs.

That's a bad calculator. You'd be a loooong time trying to cut on those calculators.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's too high for you. Work out your lean mass, and eat that number of grams of protein and fat a day, pluse 20g of carbs.

That's a bad calculator. You'd be a loooong time trying to cut on those calculators.
    That's what I thought.....I got those numbers and smacked myself upside the head and let out a loud "WTF?". Thanks for the response.

black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) black3000gt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just want to make sure this sounds right
    I weight 230 with 35%BF

Lean body =149.5
    calories protein = 598
    2500 total calorie intake per day
    1902 calories from fat = 211 grams

Carb loading friday night to sat midnight
    149.5lb/2.2=67.95kgX10=679.5 grams of carbs
    fat below 67grams during this period

I have a few questions. Are their certian kinds of fat i should eat/avoid? On the first post is says for after workouts protein only no carbs or fat and to do it with a whey shake. Aren't there a good amount of carbs in protein shakes? Also for the workouts. I have a back injury that doesn't allow me to lift heavy weights. I have a herniate T5 and 3 ribs out of place. What kind of workouts are reccommended? I like doing kettlebell circuits with low weight, between 10-25lbs. is that enough of a workout to make this diet work? I would like to get down to around 180

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MASSter View Post
    So I used the keto diet calculator on this page http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sclark91.htm . I entered my weight 245lbs, my body fat %-30 and meals per day-6. These are the daily numbers it shot back at me.

protein/day-172grams 689 calories
    fat/day- 306grams 3247 calories

This has me reeeeeeaaaaaalllly confused. I thought the % ratio on fat, protein, carbs was supposed to be 65,30, 5. This is showing my fat calories to be over 4x what my protein cals are when it should be roughly doubled correct? What am I missing here?
    I used that calculator before and even recommended it a few times, but you're right, it doesn't add up. Maybe for a bulk. The cals are just too high.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..