Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Re: Re: Re:

Originally posted by The Greg

Semi-Question:
    are you serious? 6 hours a day?
    nah dude, I was just having some fun with BurritoJimmy, he's like the class clown of the forums...

FU MAN CHU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keto

You know...ive been trying to lose fat for almost 9 months...i lost a remarkable amount of wight, and my bf% went from 51% weighing 275 - 22%weighing 200. I had a couple cases of dehydration and kidney stones present at the time of losing weight...i believe that it was my diet that affected me the most...if i had a set diet such as jeto during that 9 months...i wouldve been maybe 15 pounds heavier of solid muscle with about a 16% bf...butthings cant ork out the way you want sometimes...

i believe in this deit but i feel that i am not dedicated enough wen it comes to dieting because i feel i am following it wrong...but i am afraid to try the keto diet...all i want to do is gt my bf down to twelve... and i found out why im stuck...it is my diet
    THINGS YOU ON END UP OWNING YOU

CHEATERS ALWAYS WIN...WELCOME TO FIGHT CLUB

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: keto

Originally posted by FU MAN CHU
    You know...ive been trying to lose fat for almost 9 months...i lost a remarkable amount of wight, and my bf% went from 51% weighing 275 - 22%weighing 200. I had a couple cases of dehydration and kidney stones present at the time of losing weight...i believe that it was my diet that affected me the most...if i had a set diet such as jeto during that 9 months...i wouldve been maybe 15 pounds heavier of solid muscle with about a 16% bf...butthings cant ork out the way you want sometimes...

i believe in this deit but i feel that i am not dedicated enough wen it comes to dieting because i feel i am following it wrong...but i am afraid to try the keto diet...all i want to do is gt my bf down to twelve... and i found out why im stuck...it is my diet
    just take it one day at a time bro....just read over the diet and make sure what its all about.....if u think that it is for you than do it...its not for everyone.

But keep up the good work....losing that much weight is awesome! Whatever you do...dont stop exercising!

DiSizG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HOW LONG TO STAY ON THIS DIET AND HOW DO I GET OUT OF KETOSIS WITHOUT PUTTING ON FAT ?

The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not an expert but some people (fitnessman) use this diet year round, and just eat a buncha carbs (like 50g or more) and that'll kick you out of Ketosis...

P.S.! i just started my keto diet today yay i cant beleive it actually i feel really groggy but lol thats prolly from yesterday and OMG www.Fitday.com <-- perfect for calc'ing your foods and what not, it does it all for you!!

hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by daniel2166

Eating so much fat... And I see a lot of typical keto diets where people are eating lots of sausage, etc and I get worried about saturated fat intake and LDL rocketing up. Maybe it's just part of my conditioning from the uninformed to hate fat...
    Don't worry about it, I've done low-carb (Atkins) for ten months, dropped 70 lbs and from 33% to 17% (by tanita scales). A quick reckon says 51lbs fat, 19lbs muscle. And yet I definitely look a *lot* larger.

I had my annual health mot and my blood pressure and cholesterol were both better than last years figures.

hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000) hokkers999 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Blindfaith

i know exactly what you mean....studies have shown that this diet is not harmful if done right....i dont agree with the Atkins diet because too much muscle is wasted on it....and too long in ketosis isnt good for you either.....ketones are toxic to the brain...thats why u feel retarted when doing the atkins diet.

It is a really boring diet...eggs, bacon, steak etc....but it is something that will get you the results that you need!
    I have done Atkins for 10 months. By my scales (tanita) I have lost 51lbs fat/19lbs muscle, yet I look a lot bigger and I am considerably stronger.

Ketones toxic? Do you have any science to back that up that I can go look at for myself?

As for boring, you just described the Atkins diet basically :-)

Originally posted by princessbigman
    ketosis is not needed the whole basis is to lower insulin until after workout which then a insulin spike is needed to shuttle nutrition into muscle cells

[snip]

also i have read alot of articles where people say that you dont have to have ketones on the ketosticks for you do be using fat for fuel so if anyone is striving to see ketones stop as long as you get under 100 carbs a day (and are exercising regularly) you should be fine now fitnessman splits the carbs up a good way after the workout they take in i think 30-50 carbs in a shake with 30 grams of WHEY protein you can also put creatine in the shake he gets good results with this and he also has clients of his practicing this they get good results as well
    The whole point is to switch the body to burning fat for fuel and to do that you definitely do need to be in ketosis. For most people 100g of carbs a day ain't gonna do that.

Originally posted by daniel2166
    It's easier to just eat next to no carbs than count a smaller amount.

I wanna see what my father says after I've lost 20 pounds and I tell him I ate bacon, peanut butter and mayo everyday. lol

That article says you need to eat 1.5g of fat for every gram of protein+carb combined. Every keto diet I've seen on this site hasn't been like this.
    If you go look at the Atkins diet (http://www.atkinscenter.com) the *only* thing you count is carbs, other than that if you're hungry eat. Obviously with trying to maintain/gain muscle you want a lot of what you eat to be protein...

Tunahaji has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have just a few questions to clarify. i'd call what i'm currently doing a "low-carb" diet. i drink milk with my protein shakes. and i might eat some high fiber veggies. is the state of ketosis something that takes several days to achieve with ZERO carbs in your system - thus the week cycle. or is ketosis a state that varies (from zero carbs to a low amount of carbs) and that can be entered quite quickly - say as soon as the carbs in your system are burned up. i'm pretty big and at 13% bf, so my cutting phase isn't an emergency of weight loss. is it sort of "all or nothing" where if i don't follow the strict keto diet with zero milk during the week and then the loading phase i'm getting no results.....or is it just that this is the MOST effective low carb/no carb diet but that lowering your carbs drastically in general also produces results.

adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it sounds very viable, especially with the weekend carbup

I am skeptical about the mass consumption of saturated fats...

my dad had a stroke some time ago and its not something I would like to experience (I doubt I will as I am very active and he was sedentary)

adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50) adonis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am seriously gonna give this diet a shot
    how does this sound:

Meal 1
    30g Egg White Protein
    15ml EFA Oil

Meal 2
    200g Chicken Breast
    15ml EFA Oil

Meal 3
    200g Chicken Breast
    1 Avocado

Meal 4
    Post workout
    30g Whey
    30g Dextrose

Meal 5
    200g Chicken Breast
    15ml EFA Oil

Meal 6
    30g Egg White Protein
    15ml EFA Oil

i'll work out proper weight totals etc asap

brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wait i wanna try this but i can i just start or do i have to work into it. and should i have 30 grams of carbs after every work out. should i do that carb loading say on friday or would i not do it becasue im taking carbs after every workout?...
    mike

brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brooklyn mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    should i take my daily creatine with my post workout shake?...
    mike

would this be a good meal supplement while on keto it contains high fat....

20% MCT 60%
    20% YOLK
    20% Ion exchange whey isolate
    20% Soy XT
    20% Isoflax

Serving Size 80 grams 1 cup (Servings per pound, 6)
    Protein 30 grams
    Carbs 15 grams
    Fat 24 grams

Calories 400

PRICE $6.97 per pound
    mike

i dont understand should there or should there not be carbs in my post work out shake?...

eat very little carbs all week and then on fridaynight till saturday midnight eat alot of carbs all day.?.. is this right?...what about before a work out and after?...
    mike

RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seems to me that if you have a post workout drink with carbs, which is used to replenish muscle glycogen, you wouldn't need the carb up on the weekend, since your muscle glycogen wouldn't need to be replenished. You could just stick with zero carbs throughout the whole diet (excluding the post workout drink of ~30 g. carbs). I think it would be beneficial to cut out the carb up period; I was on a CKD for about 3 months; I followed it very strictly and lost some fat, but I definitely feel that the weekend carb-ups limited my fat loss.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that if you do a keto diet, you NEED a fiber supplement or you will be in pain. It's absolutely necessary. Konsyl brand works the best because it has practically zero digestable carbs, whereas Metamucil and other brands have carbs. It's a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it.

can u gain alot of mass while on a keto diet....
    mike

i wanna try keto and i know every one says it works i just feel so dirty eating like that i feel like not healthy but then again ive always stuglled with my weight and ive never looked cut in my life even when i dieted and weighed 140 pounds....can u eat any veggtables...and should u try to stay away from fried stiff or what?...
    mike

ALSO SORRY I FORGOT HOW MUCH DO THINK KETO WILL RAISE UR TEST LEVELS BECASUE I SAW SOME ONE MENTION THAT...
    mike

is keto dangerous my grl freind was telling me that keto can be daingerous is that true are there any cases of people getting sick and aslo am i gonna loose all my energy when on keto...
    mike

DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000)

Question

I have a question about this diet. Would it be safe to combine this diet with a suppliment such as Xenadrine (either form of) to help speed up the fat loss?

Originally posted by Tunahaji
    i have just a few questions to clarify. i'd call what i'm currently doing a "low-carb" diet. i drink milk with my protein shakes. and i might eat some high fiber veggies. is the state of ketosis something that takes several days to achieve with ZERO carbs in your system - thus the week cycle. or is ketosis a state that varies (from zero carbs to a low amount of carbs) and that can be entered quite quickly - say as soon as the carbs in your system are burned up. i'm pretty big and at 13% bf, so my cutting phase isn't an emergency of weight loss. is it sort of "all or nothing" where if i don't follow the strict keto diet with zero milk during the week and then the loading phase i'm getting no results.....or is it just that this is the MOST effective low carb/no carb diet but that lowering your carbs drastically in general also produces results.
    To get into Ketosis you need 48hrs+ with almost no carbs (< 15g or so per day). Takes that long to empty the body stores. Why not just junk the milk? 13% ain't so bad, I'm stuck at 17%

Originally posted by adonis
    it sounds very viable, especially with the weekend carbup

I am skeptical about the mass consumption of saturated fats...

my dad had a stroke some time ago and its not something I would like to experience (I doubt I will as I am very active and he was sedentary)
    I wouldn't worry about it, don't let the establishment brainwash you with their high-carb/low-fat mantra. Have a quick stop by http://www.atkinscenter.com and check out teh article from the New York Times "A Big Fat Lie"

Originally posted by adonis
    I am seriously gonna give this diet a shot
    how does this sound:

[snip]

i'll work out proper weight totals etc asap
    Why just egg-white? The yolk is almost the perfect food source...sure it contains 10g of fat and some cholesterol, but your wasting the best part. honest.

Originally posted by RHINO
    Seems to me that if you have a post workout drink with carbs, which is used to replenish muscle glycogen, you wouldn't need the carb up on the weekend, since your muscle glycogen wouldn't need to be replenished. You could just stick with zero carbs throughout the whole diet (excluding the post workout drink of ~30 g. carbs). I think it would be beneficial to cut out the carb up period; I was on a CKD for about 3 months; I followed it very strictly and lost some fat, but I definitely feel that the weekend carb-ups limited my fat loss.

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned is that if you do a keto diet, you NEED a fiber supplement or you will be in pain. It's absolutely necessary. Konsyl brand works the best because it has practically zero digestable carbs, whereas Metamucil and other brands have carbs. It's a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it.
    1. Post workout, protein only (as close as possible anyway).
    2. The whole point is to empty the body stores of glycogen and switch into fat burning during the week.
    3. The weekend is to refill the stores tp pervent muscle being burnt off.
    4. cut out the carb up if you want, you just stay in ketosis all the time. I did that for 9 months, lost 51lbs of fat (hooray), but by my body-scales (Tanita, fat measuring) I also lost 19lbs muscle.

Originally posted by brooklyn mike
    i wanna try keto and i know every one says it works i just feel so dirty eating like that i feel like not healthy but then again ive always stuglled with my weight and ive never looked cut in my life even when i dieted and weighed 140 pounds....can u eat any veggtables...and should u try to stay away from fried stiff or what?...
    You've been brainwashed by the establishment that fat is bad for you. We have evovled to eat meat, fish etc as the main source of food. It is only the last hundred years or so that sugar, refined carbs (white flour etc) came along. Also in the last hundred years things like diabetes, heart disease, heart attacks have become major killers. Coincidence?

Any dark green vegetables are ok - stuff like brocolli, kale etc.

Fry whatever you like, good way to get more fat..

Originally posted by brooklyn mike
    is keto dangerous my grl freind was telling me that keto can be daingerous is that true are there any cases of people getting sick and aslo am i gonna loose all my energy when on keto...
    You are thinking of ketoacidosis that diabetics experience, *that* is bad for you, this type of ketosis isn't. Stop by http://www.atkinscenter.com and read up about it or check out your local Barnes & Noble in the dietary section.

You will find you have far *more* energy....

Originally posted by DIABLO
    I have a question about this diet. Would it be safe to combine this diet with a suppliment such as Xenadrine (either form of) to help speed up the fat loss?
    I'm doing both...still here to tell the tale ;-)

DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000) DIABLO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by hokkers999

I'm doing both...still here to tell the tale ;-)
    ....LOL.... Thanks.