Page 15 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maffie2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by unlovedwarrior
    ok i read this entire thread and im still confused.. ok so milk is a crab load up day thing.

peanut butter is not the best, so what is? how are u suppose to eat the flaxseed and olive oil? just drink it like water?

im super confused about the diet plan..

can a guru help me figure out a meal plan if its not to much trouble.. if you can pm me and we can work one out.. cuz i really want o try this diet but im just really confused
    read

'Really, keep it for carb-up. Milk has more carbs than you'd think just reading the label (100ml is a small amount) but it slows down digestion of whey, so it's not even suitable for PWO." - Eileen

jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

re

Here's what I've eaten today fellas:

Blueberries (I get this special kind that are full of fiber and very low carb).

Eggs

Cheese

Bacon

Hamburger

Broccoli

Almonds

Salad w/ cheese, chicken breast, ranch, & olive oil.

How's that looking? This is my second full day of the keto diet, and I feel like death. One of my buddies tells me that it'll take 4 or 5 days for me to feel better.... that right now, my body is looking for carbs to use for energy, and its not finding any... so that's why I feel like total ****.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, the first time you do keto isn't fun. The more often you do it, the faster and easier it gets. Eating some extra fat will help with sugar cravings and lack of energy.

Special low carb blueberries? How do you grow those?

What you are eating looks fine. Plug your amounts into www.fitday.com and see how your overall calories and macros look.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen

Special low carb blueberries? How do you grow those?
    From the special low carb blueberry tree of course!

Isn't fruit a no-no?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Generally yes, but you will probably get away with the odd handful of berries. Much lower carb, higher fibre and a higher proportion of nutrients as well. Ideally, grow your own or pick wild ones.

Have you ever looked at the difference between a normal apple that you buy in a shop, and a wild one? It's hard to believe they are the same fruit.

chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ok

I like this diet alot! I think I am going to start tomorrow. I read most of the thread and what it looks like is the atkins diet except for the weekdays? My questions are as follows.

1- on the atkins diet I hear it all comes back when you finish the diet. Does the same happen with this?

2- during the weekdays just pretty much eat all fat and protein doesnt metter what kind and you can have a low carb protien shake after a workout? And the weeknds you can just load up the carbs?

If this is the diet I can do this easily. I am probably 36% body fat with a ton of muscle too. Can I just eat anything fat and no carbs all day weekdays and it doesnt matter how late at nite you eat?

chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chugg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chugg
    I like this diet alot! I think I am going to start tomorrow. I read most of the thread and what it looks like is the atkins diet except for the weekdays? My questions are as follows.

1- on the atkins diet I hear it all comes back when you finish the diet. Does the same happen with this?

2- during the weekdays just pretty much eat all fat and protein doesnt metter what kind and you can have a low carb protien shake after a workout? And the weeknds you can just load up the carbs?

If this is the diet I can do this easily. I am probably 36% body fat with a ton of muscle too. Can I just eat anything fat and no carbs all day weekdays and it doesnt matter how late at nite you eat?
    Also, can I get a list of veggies that I can eat as much as I want? I will stick with spinace for nolw until someone answers this. I am hoping someone answers tonite before I go shopping tomorrow. Also, can I eat all the cheese I want? I love cheese.

jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000) jaim91 is a name known to all. (+5000)

1. It depends how you structure your diet after you go off the CKD. If you get off and then start eating lots of carbs or refined sugars, then yes, you will gain it back. But if you maintain a ratio of macronutrients similar to that of CKD then chances are you will maintain your weight loss.

2. That's pretty much the gist of it. However, I wouldn't "load up" on carbs on the weekend. Just eat clean carbs for anywhere from 16 - 24 hours until you're satisfied. Don't go overboard though, then you'll just lose your progress.

Low-Carb Vegetables: Peppers, Mushrooms, Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Radishes, Bok Choy, Parsley
    Low-Moderate Carb Vegetables: Artichoke, Asparagus, Snow Peas, Spinach, Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash, Eggplant, Brussel Sprouts, Tomato, Cabbage, Turnips, Onion, Zucchini, Cauliflower

Originally Posted by jaim91
    1. It depends how you structure your diet after you go off the CKD. If you get off and then start eating lots of carbs or refined sugars, then yes, you will gain it back. But if you maintain a ratio of macronutrients similar to that of CKD then chances are you will maintain your weight loss.

2. That's pretty much the gist of it. However, I wouldn't "load up" on carbs on the weekend. Just eat clean carbs for anywhere from 16 - 24 hours until you're satisfied. Don't go overboard though, then you'll just lose your progress.

Low-Carb Vegetables: Peppers, Mushrooms, Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce, Radishes, Bok Choy, Parsley
    Low-Moderate Carb Vegetables: Artichoke, Asparagus, Snow Peas, Spinach, Broccoli, Spaghetti Squash, Eggplant, Brussel Sprouts, Tomato, Cabbage, Turnips, Onion, Zucchini, Cauliflower
    I can honestly say thatI stayed up very late last nite and read every single post available on bb.com about this diet because I dont wanna be that guy that posts the same questions. THere are alot of questions I still have and I am starting the diet as I type this eating my eggs.

Can I eat all the cheese I want?

I get hammered once every 2 weeks what alcohol can I drink to do this if I do it on my carb up day?

Is there anything in this diet that can take the place of ketchup (I love ketchup)

What are clean carbs? Food examples?

I dont understand what dextrose is.

some people say do cardio right away and some say waity til progress slows. Which is it?

Does it matter how late at nite you eat?

I can pretty much assure youthat after all my reading I did not see answers to these questions.

Is there anything in this diet that can take the place of ketchup (I love ketchup)

I dont understand what dextrose is.

some people say do cardio right away and some say waity til progress slows. Which is it?

Does it matter how late at nite you eat?
    Mayo on its own, or mayo with tabasco added to it.

Dextrose is glucose. Sold in supermarkets in the baking and baby section, in chemists, in health food and home brew places. Also on-line, but the postage will cost more than the dex, it's very cheap. Maltadextrin can also be used.

Moderate intensity cardio will help you get back to ketosis faster after your carb-up. HIIT (high intensity interval training) a couple of times a week will give your heart a good workout. You probably don't need more than that to start with if you are lifting hard. You can add in more cardio if you need to.

As long as you are eating below maintenance, you can eat in bed if you want. Just make sure you are eating six meals a day.

jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonnyboy92110 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Keto is the GREATEST! After 4 days of feeling like I was dying, my body adjusted. My energy was great. My workouts (oddly enough) didn't struggle. I did 10 days straight for my keto 'induction' period... mid-week, I did have some PW carbs... because I destroyed myself on leg day and bench day... It seemed to work. In 10 days, I went from 205 to 200. My muscles look tighter... less puffy... harder... more ripped. I'm carbing up right now and loving it. I don't know how I'm going to get enough carbs... will probably eat some cereal.

Moving from very high glycemic carbs to lower glycemic as the carb load continues.... keeping the fat intake low... IS THIS RIGHT?

KETO RULES!

Congratulations.

Yes, move from high gi to lower. Start with bagels and cornflakes, and move to root veg and oatmeal.

mellie8it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Second Day...

Eileen thank you so much for your information. This is my second day on Keto. I am feeling really tired and having a very hard time eating enough (all this fat and protein is very satisfying).

I would love to hear about some great success stories...
    Last edited by mellie8it; 08-31-2006 at 03:04 PM.

There's a lot of them out there. After years of struggling with low fat diets and gallstones, I switched to keto and not only lost three stone (about 42lb) with amazing ease, all the gallstone attacks stopped too.

There's a lot of other people here who lost a lot of weight, and better still, a lot of bodyfat while gaining muscle.

Originally Posted by mellie8it
    Eileen thank you so much for your information. This is my second day on Keto. I am feeling really tired and having a very hard time eating enough (all this fat and protein is very satisfying).

I would love to hear about some great success stories...
    http://www.c-k-d.com/forums/viewforu...5473c279093920

All/ most of these people have good things to say about their experiences on the keto diet
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

Twitter: FrigginLean
    YouTube: Jaim91

Unless you faint, puke, or die....keep walking
    - Jillian Michaels -

Thanks...

Great link...

I am pretty excited... I bought Ketostix today and I tested 40mg/dL and I could not believe it.... I got my brother to test himself and he tested 5 mg/dL... Now is 40 a good number or is it a little high?

Also, I do not want to lose motivation but I am going on a business trip next week for seven days. I am wondering if any of you have some good tips for traveling and eating out... I will be traveling with Udo Erasmus so I will have a lot of Udo's oil near by....

Originally Posted by mellie8it
    Great link...

I am pretty excited... I bought Ketostix today and I tested 40mg/dL and I could not believe it.... I got my brother to test himself and he tested 5 mg/dL... Now is 40 a good number or is it a little high?

Also, I do not want to lose motivation but I am going on a business trip next week for seven days. I am wondering if any of you have some good tips for traveling and eating out... I will be traveling with Udo Erasmus so I will have a lot of Udo's oil near by....
    Chicken salad, tuna salad, greek salad, chicken wings, buffalo wings, chicken dinner, steak dinner.. I'm pretty sure these are all staples in most restaurants. You'll be fine
    Contest Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146273283&p=911273403&posted=1#post911273403

- Jillian Michaels -

jhnsnty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BurritoJimmy
    I have found that being on a ketotic diet is much better for fat loss than being on a low carb diet. 0 carbs is definitely the way to go. Here is some more of what I have found works really well.
    Instead of working out all through the week, do a full body workout at the end of the carb up and have a post workout meal with carbs after that workout. Do as much low intensity cardio, ie walking, as you can. I would do low intensity as much as 4 hours a day. Drink a ton of water. Eat a lot of vegetables that only have fiber as their carbs. Don't eat unless you are hungry. Keep protein intake fairly low at around 0.8 g/lb bw. Saturated fats are okay, but unsaturated seem to work better. Lastly do not worry about losing too fast. If the loss comes mostly from low intensity activity rather than dropping calories then you can achieve phenomenal losses in fat.
    how many calories would you recommend for this type of diet. right now im at 1400.http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tajhnsn/...11575977#page1

Red face Day 7

I started the Keto diet 7 days ago... and it is going really good... I am finding the diet really easy... the only thing that is a bit difficult is eating enough food. I have not noticed any weight changes but I have not been workingout 100% the last week since I was feeling so tired from the diet but I finally have my energy back. I will probably wait a few more days to have a carb-up day!

Great isn't it? Finally, a diet where you are not constantly hungry. Yes, wait two weeks before you carb-up, and make sure you've worked all muscle groups.

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have a few quick questions

I've decided to give this diet a shot (I've been lifting about 3 months now and have put on 5 pounds just following a regular balanced diet... I seem to be carrying the weight ok but at 6' 190 I am carrying a bit too much fat)

I bought 1 gal of skim milk. I have always been a big milk drinking however I see that milk is prohibited on this diet. Is cheese ok or something to pass on?

I also bought 1 gal of orange juice to take with the whey suppliment after lifting. Is it best to just get rid of the orange juice and use water with the whey?

One other question. Is it ok to have 2 glasses of Gin and Diet tonic a night with this diet? I have developed a slight dependancy on alcohol and would prefer not to give it up entirely.

Oh yeah,

I'm not really looking for extreme and quick results to be honest. Just something balanced to lose maybe 20 lbs. I'm lifting/cardio merely to increase my strength and atheletic ability.

thanks to however responds.
    Last edited by klootzak; 09-05-2006 at 03:44 PM.

klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) klootzak has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have a few quick questions

I've decided to give this diet a shot (I've been lifting about 3 months now and have put on 5 pounds just following a regular balanced diet... I seem to be carrying the weight ok but at 6' 190 I am carrying a bit too much fat)

I bought 1 gal of skim milk. I have always been a big milk drinking however I see that milk is prohibited on this diet. Is cheese ok or something to pass on?

I also bought 1 gal of orange juice to take with the whey suppliment after lifting. Is it best to just get rid of the orange juice and use water with the whey?

One other question. Is it ok to have 2 glasses of Gin and Diet tonic a night with this diet? I have developed a slight dependancy on alcohol and would prefer not to give it up entirely.

Oh yeah,

I'm not really looking for extreme and quick results to be honest. Just something balanced to lose maybe 20 lbs. I'm lifting/cardio merely to increase my strength and atheletic ability.

Thanks to whomever responds.

Sorry for the double post. 'Edit' doesn't seem to be functioning properly at the moment.

Cheese is fine, keep skim milk for the carb-up.

Give the oj away. Fructose will kick you out of ketosis and isn't even helpful during carb-up. After lifting, go for plain whey and a small amount of a high-gi carb like dextrose. Typical amount is 30g whey, 15g dextrose.

I hope you are joking about the gin. Even with diet tonic, two gins a night is a really bad idea. Apart from anything else, alcohol tends to hit you much harder on a keto diet. If you can't give it up, then you have a much bigger problem than an extra 20lb.

Planecrazy1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Planecrazy1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Planecrazy1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Planecrazy1980 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Keto Diets Rule!

So here's the thing with me, I have a high percentage of bodyfat now, and everyone tells me to bulk, then cut. Not really excited about that - don't want to gain anymore fat. Then I read a book called "Ironman's ultimate guide to bodybuilding nutrition" and this diet was mentioned in there. I've been on it for 5 weeks. Not real strict, but dude, I've been building muscle AND cutting at the same time with it. My weights have all gone up, and faster than if I was just "eating clean". There are also a number of anabolic hormones that come into play aside from isnulin. This diet RULES ASS and really is rewarding...dude...ben and jerry's lowfat frozen yogurt. HOLY SHIZZ dude....carbs, low fat...I can actually indulge on this diet. Killer stuff.

Peace and chicken grease!!

I really hope that lowfat frozen yogurt was on carb-up....

Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fizzeek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "Eat fat and protein all day everyday except on workout days because after workouts, you will need to consume strictly just protein—no fat or carbs."

Is that just the post-workout meal where you can only consume protein, or does that mean for the entire night after the workout?

I aren't sure I understand this part.

Pete

Eat a protein and carb meal (preferably whey and dextrose) immediately after your workout. Wait at least 60-90 minutes, then return to normal keto meals for the rest of the day.

jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay1514929 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Meal Plan Regarding CKD

To Blindfaith and all who will listen and provide constructive criticism:

I am roughly 250 lbs.

I am trying to begin a cyclical ketogenic diet (for the second time) but I am having a hard time turning my daily caloric needs into a manageable meal plan. This has always been troublesome for me. Math is simple, creatively eating the correct math is much more difficult. My issues aren't with discipline;

( My story http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trans2.htm )

they are with preparing the correct roadmap... I have read Lyle McDonalds book along with Body Opus and agree with the principles but need to put the meals to paper.

For instance, during my low carb period, I know I need roughly: 50 grams protein / 6 grams carbs / and 42 grams of fat per meal over 5 meals in a day... But I am having a hard time equating this into which foods to choose.

I even have a calorie book (NutriBase Complete book of food counts). I have tried to assemble a plan several times but end up with terribly undesirable results.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate it greatly!
    Jay
    "The important thing is this: to be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."

~Charles Du Bos~

"The best thing you have to offer the world is yourself. You don't have to copy anyone else. If you do, your second best. To acheive success is to be first, and that's being yourself."

~John Denver~

Lift Bests @245 lbs
    Bench 450
    Squat 600
    Dead Lift 585
    Leg Press 1500

Start with the keto diet samples to see what other people's meals look like. And pick and choose what you like from there according to you individual tastes and needs. You don't necessarily HAVE to have 30 g of carbs throughout the day. You can have less, and lots of veggies (those don't really count because they're mostly fibre)

- Jillian Michaels -