makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) makeitwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help, I have a question about showering with cold water

I've seen a lot of people doing that, but I don't really know why. Someone told me that hot water to shower burns protein and it's better to use cold water. I'm not sure if it's true or not, can someone let me know?

I shoot people like you.. The Director's Avatar
    The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50) The Director will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol..I highy doubt it. Just like laying in a tub of ice helps you burn calories.

Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mourning Tide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ive heard cold water can make your muscles cramp
    risk nothing, gain nothing

MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000) MA5Bergey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I find that a hot shower is better for relaxing i.e. at night, and a cold shower helps you feel awake i.e. better in the morning.

adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I learned this from my Highschool football trainer. For relaxing muscles and overall energy, take a shower increasing the temperature till you can barely stand it, then do the same but decrease the temperature until you can barely stand it. I take them after a hard cardio workout. More info here;

http://www.healthfree.com/incurables...rotherapy.html

rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) rabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i always do the heating up cooling down process. not because of any health benifits. I like the warm water. But i cool it down to help me fall asleep easier

Soon to be mean n lean! Dominikm's Avatar
    Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stuff like this, blasting your muscle you just worked out with as hot as you can and as cold as you cant and anyhting like this... its to extreme... you dont really need to do it unless your on stage IMHO where everything counts...

Enjoy your warm shower...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120534891 - May 1st Challenge. (Prize!) Thread

27/11 - 92.9kg
    04/12 - 92.4kg
    Dec - Month off for the festive season
    04/01 - 101.7kg
    11/01 - 96.95kg
    18/01 - 93.10kg
    25/01 - 92.95kg
    01/02 - 90.70kg
    08/02 - 90.20kg
    15/02 - 87.5kg
    01/03 - 87kg

adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Dominikm View Post
    Stuff like this, blasting your muscle you just worked out with as hot as you can and as cold as you cant and anyhting like this... its to extreme... you dont really need to do it unless your on stage IMHO where everything counts...

Enjoy your warm shower...
    The problem is, I truel do enjoy it after a hard cardio workout. Wife also thinks i am a little weird, to each their own....lol

limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) limniade is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well, think of it logically. What are the most effective ways to change your body? Diet first, right? Followed by lifting, then cardio, then supplementation if it helps.

So, let's think here. You spend a few days in the gym, lifting so hard that the next day you can barely crawl out of bed. These days alternate with days where you spend half an hour or so turning yourself into a sweaty, heart-pounding mess with the cardio of your choice. Followed by monitoring your diet with scientific care and precision, making sure you eat a carefully planned balance of carbs, protein and fats.

And after about a week of ALL this effort and planning, if you did everything right, you see a *tiny* improvement. And yet, you really think that standing under a stream of water for 10 minutes is honestly going to have some kind of significant impact? If that were true, we could all be on the Shower Diet and not waste our time busting our butts in the gym.

It's true that a cold shower when you're warmed up can cause you to cramp up (that's just physiology, cold makes muscles contract to preserve blood flow), and that warm water is relaxing, while hot water can be energizing. But it's not going to have ANY impact other than that.
    "This," I said pleasantly, "is known as getting it on."