DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The "basics" to get a low body fat percentage?

Honestly, this sounds bad, but I don't care much about muscle. I bulk too easy, and really want to invest on just working hard and getting a low body fat percentage. I do weight lift--I know muscle burns calories. I do mostly cardio, and have a bit of loose skin that I'm confident it will shrink with time..

I've stopped taking premorning protein powder. I feel as though it's there mostly to protect muscle. And I've been doing cardio on an empty stomach, which I feel has been really productive..

Should I be eating a small casein meal before bed? Cottage Cheese and natty peanut butter? Or will I burn more fat/muscle sleeping if I choose not to?

Again, burning muscle isn't a huge deal for me.. I honestly want to look good.. Toned, not huge. Just low body fat, ripped... Any thoughts? And foods to stick with (just the usual clean foods?). Thanks in advance guys.

DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DTSalvation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Case in point (forgot to mention):

I do 3 sets of 15-25 reps.

For post-lift/post hiit (i lift for 20, do hiit immediately after for 15-25), I drink whey protein. I read in Men's Health that simple carbs are not necessary if you're goal is strictly to lose weight.

Also, will creatine help me at all? I know it (supposingly) gives a creatine-bloat, but will it help protect muscle a bit (if necessary)? Just a bunch of questions and advice needed I guess.. :-)

adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just throwing this out there, if you don't care about losing muscle, good luck on lowering your BF %. BF% is a ratio of muscle to fat, lower fat and maintain muscle BF% goes down, Build Muscle and maintain fat and BF% goes down, lower fat and muscle and BF% stays the same. I know you will probably never loose fat and muscle at the same ratio but why hender yourself by not caring about the current muscle you have.

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    saying you dont care about muscle on a forum like this will get you very little support.

if you dont care about muscle, im gonna guess you dont care about a lot of other things that are important to your body, so just go ahead and try to burn the fat off. and i do mean that literally.

Originally Posted by pologod05 View Post
    saying you dont care about muscle on a forum like this will get you very little support.

if you dont care about muscle, im gonna guess you dont care about a lot of other things that are important to your body, so just go ahead and try to burn the fat off. and i do mean that literally.
    Hey, thanks for the advice.

I'm sorry. I've been big for most of my life. And now that I've lost the 110 lbs. I've lost, I'd like to get more lean. And I just feel like I'm bulking too much, and I'd like to shed some of it. I'm sorry if that makes you angry. Or upsets you.

jasons123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasons123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jasons123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DTSalvation View Post
    Hey, thanks for the advice.

I'm sorry. I've been big for most of my life. And now that I've lost the 110 lbs. I've lost, I'd like to get more lean. And I just feel like I'm bulking too much, and I'd like to shed some of it. I'm sorry if that makes you angry. Or upsets you.
    first of all the more muscle mass you have the easier it is to burn fat. Having muscle speeds up your metabolism, they kind of work hand in hand. Keep lifting eat clean and do your cardio. No need to complicate things. If you dont lift and eat right and go nutz with the cardio you'll end up weighing less with near the same body fat. Also you say you have loose skin, why not fill that in with some lean mass.

Originally Posted by jasons123 View Post
    first of all the more muscle mass you have the easier it is to burn fat. Having muscle speeds up your metabolism, they kind of work hand in hand. Keep lifting eat clean and do your cardio. No need to complicate things. If you dont lift and eat right and go nutz with the cardio you'll end up weighing less with near the same body fat. Also you say you have loose skin, why not fill that in with some lean mass.
    Thanks for the help.