TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Cant stand oatmeal anymore... what now?

So i'm getting back into my dieting/workout routine and I am trying to get my meals all lined up. The biggest problem for me is breakfast. I just cannot get back into eating oatmeal. I did it everything for months durring my last diet and I just can't take it anymore (for now at least). I don't really have enough time in the morning to really prepare anything. However, I do have a refrigerator at work and I can prepare things that do not need to be cooked there. I'm just looking for some tasty alternatives I could eat for breakfast that don't taste like garbage and will still allow me to lose fat.

I've been putting off my diet mostly because of breakfast. I like to either go all in, or not go in at all. Please let me know of alternatives. I've read the forum, and articles on breakfast, I just don't have the time to prepare most of the meals I read about. Not quite sure if cold cereal and fat free milk are a good alternative. If so, what cereal?

Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whatever works for you. Cold cereal and some hard boiled eggs don't take long and make a good breakfast.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

Soon to be mean n lean! Dominikm's Avatar
    Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dominikm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can premake a breakfast wrap if you use a decent wrap and healty ingredients the night before...

Thats a poor excuse i'm sorry, you didn't know what to eat for breakfast so you were not sticking to your diet...

Even if you don't have a fridge or kitchen you can still pull it off and stick to a decent diet with a bit of motivation.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120534891 - May 1st Challenge. (Prize!) Thread

27/11 - 92.9kg
    04/12 - 92.4kg
    Dec - Month off for the festive season
    04/01 - 101.7kg
    11/01 - 96.95kg
    18/01 - 93.10kg
    25/01 - 92.95kg
    01/02 - 90.70kg
    08/02 - 90.20kg
    15/02 - 87.5kg
    01/03 - 87kg

Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Saturnal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think cereal is OK in the morning...not the best choice though. As far as what kind...I just look for any cereal that isn't made with white flour or refined sugars. If you see high fructose corn syrup and the words "bleached, enriched, etc." on the ingredients list, it's probably not something you wanna eat. I think most of the Kashi cereals are good, but I'm not sure. I buy one that just says "Organic Toasted Oats" on the box...I'm not even sure what the company is, but the ingredients look ok.

EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheerios seem good for you.

TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TechGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just thought of a couple ideas while reading some more articles on here...

How about these:

1 cup fat free regular yogurt + fruit (banana, apple, or other) + small protein shake

or

Cereal & fat free milk + small protein shake

Will those work out alright? I'm just a really picky eater and have a hard time being able to eat most of the things everyone else eats. Once I find something I really like, I usually stick with it. I just never liked oatmeal that much and i got burned out on it.

EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EazyE15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TechGuy View Post
    I just thought of a couple ideas while reading some more articles on here...

How about these:

1 cup fat free regular yogurt + fruit (banana, apple, or other) + small protein shake

or

Cereal & fat free milk + small protein shake

Will those work out alright? I'm just a really picky eater and have a hard time being able to eat most of the things everyone else eats. Once I find something I really like, I usually stick with it. I just never liked oatmeal that much and i got burned out on it.
    Imo yogurt isnt very filling whichever kind i try. And the fruit is simple carbs so that isnt very filling either.
    Plus breakfast should be the largest meal of the day, so i think cereal would be best. Why fat free milk and a small protein shake? You can have semi skimmed and a large protein shake, as you should be eating around 2000-2500 a day.

Originally Posted by EazyE15 View Post
    Cheerios seem good for you.
    Yes, I like cheerios... I was eating those for a while but wasn't sure if it was OK for me. Maybe I could just add a protein shake with that?

Imo yogurt isnt very filling whichever kind i try. And the fruit is simple carbs so that isnt very filling either.
    Plus breakfast should be the largest meal of the day, so i think cereal would be best. Why fat free milk and a small protein shake? You can have semi skimmed and a large protein shake, as you should be eating around 2000-2500 a day.

I want to start off eating around 1,800 cals per day. My job consists of sitting at a desk the majority of the time, so I'm not very active. I will be in the gym 5 days out of the week for an hour each night, but still. I'm not trying to be a true "body builder" or anything. I just want to drop the fat, and get muscular.

Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't really care for oatmeal, but I throw some oats in a blender along with my shake (egg protein/peanut butter/sweetener) and eat a banana as well most mornings. Does the trick for me.

Originally Posted by Gator Alum 03 View Post
    I don't really care for oatmeal, but I throw some oats in a blender along with my shake (egg protein/peanut butter/sweetener) and eat a banana as well most mornings. Does the trick for me.
    Raw egg? Man, how do you eat that. It sounds pretty gross...

I want to start off eating around 1,800 cals per day. My job consists of sitting at a desk the majority of the time, so I'm not very active. I will be in the gym 5 days out of the week for an hour each night, but still. I'm not trying to be a true "body builder" or anything. I just want to drop the fat, and get muscular.
    1800 isnt enough.

Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1800 isnt enough.
    How do you know, im 198 lbs 6'4" and im losing 1 lb a week or so and yet my lifts are steady or increasing.

This forum really needs to can the "omg online BMR calc says cut on 3500 cals!" commonly spewed rhetorical bull**** already.

If Frank ****ing Zane eats 2000 calories a day to look like he does.......

Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000) Gator Alum 03 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Raw egg? Man, how do you eat that. It sounds pretty gross...
    Nah. Egg Protein, as in the powder form : http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hfit/egg.htm

Originally Posted by Vel View Post
    How do you know, im 198 lbs 6'4" and im losing 1 lb a week or so and yet my lifts are steady or increasing.

This forum really needs to can the "omg online BMR calc says cut on 3500 cals!" commonly spewed rhetorical bull**** already.

If Frank ****ing Zane eats 2000 calories a day to look like he does.......
    Because i dont think anyone has a metabolic rate less than 2500. I dont and i'm only 161lb. I'm 5 ft 10. You on the other hand are 6ft 3! Your metabolism is probably at least 2700 so 2700-500 is 2200. Thats what you should be cutting on.

bevo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bevo51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So i'm getting back into my dieting/workout routine and I am trying to get my meals all lined up. The biggest problem for me is breakfast. I just cannot get back into eating oatmeal. I did it everything for months durring my last diet and I just can't take it anymore (for now at least). I don't really have enough time in the morning to really prepare anything. However, I do have a refrigerator at work and I can prepare things that do not need to be cooked there. I'm just looking for some tasty alternatives I could eat for breakfast that don't taste like garbage and will still allow me to lose fat.

I've been putting off my diet mostly because of breakfast. I like to either go all in, or not go in at all. Please let me know of alternatives. I've read the forum, and articles on breakfast, I just don't have the time to prepare most of the meals I read about. Not quite sure if cold cereal and fat free milk are a good alternative. If so, what cereal?

add some splenda, cinnamon, and a banana. it's good.

Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Because i dont think anyone has a metabolic rate less than 2500. I dont and i'm only 161lb. I'm 5 ft 10. You on the other hand are 6ft 3! Your metabolism is probably at least 2700 so 2700-500 is 2200. Thats what you should be cutting on.
    But you're wrong, and the popular logic is wrong, because i'm living proof that I'm cutting on 1500 (even less soemdays), while mysteriously my lifts are steady or increasing. This is also on 30 grams of carbs daily post workout only, and some days zero carbs period. Although today I'm trying out the same calorie intake but 90-100 grams carbs daily instead of so much fat

But seriously, read the frank zane interview on this site. He takes in 2k cals daily or so. Take a look at his body. Tell me what's up. The general logic (flawed logic in my opinion) on this board given to complete newbies tells them to be eating 500-1000 caloires more daily than Frank Zane eats. But look at Frank..

I'll say it again..Cause this is important.

LOOK AT FRANK ZANE. HE IS 64 YEARS OLD. HE EATS 2000 CALORIES DAILY. HE HAS A BETTER BODY THAN 90% OF ANYONE ON THIS BOARD WILL EVER HAVE IN THEIR LIFETIME.

Make the arguement he's on steroids though, no one has any proof and I severely doubt he is personally.

bka316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bka316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bka316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bka316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bka316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bka316 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have found the best oatmeal, it's called optimum Zen, it has cranberries and nuts in it and is all natural. 5/30/2.5 Macros. You can get it from whole foods