Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starky1177 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What does it mean when your Muscle Still hurts like hell 4-5 days after you worked it

I did some really good HIIT on monday, and my front upper thighs Still hurt like hell, and now its friday! Did I work them out to much? is it ok to still do cardio while they hurt?

bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigboihustle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I say you've overtrained or are not getting enough to eat.

adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    More than likely DOMS (nothing really to worry about, I get it after a hard leg workout for 3-4 days with the 2nd and 3rd days the worst.)

read up on it hear:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/i.../aa010600.htme

TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000) TheKansan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The first time I walked 5 miles(which seems short by now), my legs were extremely sore for a week. It gets better, and next time you won't get sore like that again.

skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10) skuZZitude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some people get it worse than others. Give your muscles ample time to recouperate (48 hours) then hit them again, whether they are sore or not. Anytime you work muscles for the first time they will be much soorer. I haden't worked out in like 2 years and my chest muscles were killing me. My other muscles had all "healed", but my chest muscles kept hurting. Then I realized this is the first time in my life (not in 2 years) that Ive ever really worked my chest muscles. Even when I went to the gym I would just do the circuit cause I didnt want to go to the free weights section cause I was a fat ass and had no self confidence. Well, the circuit didn't have a machine that really worked the chest So my chest never ever got worked.... so yeah I am working my chest for the first time ever and man does the pain ever feel good!

crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10) crimsonanger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adm793 View Post
    More than likely DOMS (nothing really to worry about, I get it after a hard leg workout for 3-4 days with the 2nd and 3rd days the worst.)

read up on it hear:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/i.../aa010600.htme
    Yeah, the second and third days after a killer leg workout, I can barely walk straight. I have noticed, however, a difference in the soreness depending on how I lift. Years ago, when I used to do 5 sets of 10 on squats, my legs would hurt so bad I couldn't climb steps, and going down steps was even worse. These days I stick to 4 sets of ~6 reps, and though my legs get sore, I can still walk, and it's more of a "good" soreness, like they really got a good workout and I can almost feel them recovering.

adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10) adm793 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by crimsonanger View Post
    Yeah, the second and third days after a killer leg workout, I can barely walk straight. I have noticed, however, a difference in the soreness depending on how I lift. Years ago, when I used to do 5 sets of 10 on squats, my legs would hurt so bad I couldn't climb steps, and going down steps was even worse. These days I stick to 4 sets of ~6 reps, and though my legs get sore, I can still walk, and it's more of a "good" soreness, like they really got a good workout and I can almost feel them recovering.
    Isn't that the truth, I had one week off from legs (vacation), then did them last friday and decided I would punish them with 5 sets of 12-15 reps, plus leg extension, curls, ect. Ran later that night to keep them loose. Saturday they hurt, Sunday and Monday I didn't want to move they hurt so bad, I drive a lifted manual transmission truck, that sucked. lol.

Moral of story, I cut back on some of the reps, but not intensity, lets see what happens tomorrow.