Thread: barbell curls

SpringbokBazza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

barbell curls

when i do barbell curls even with an ez-bar i find my left should lifts up is this a prob n does it cause any dis-advantages?

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds like uneven muscle development on both sides. switch to dumbbells for awhile. if your right shoulder isn't lifting up at the same time, it means that your bicep on the left is significantly weaker, and probably smaller as well, when compared to your right bicep. therefore your shoulder muscles are recruited to get the barbell up. dumbbells will help to balance this out.

btw, if both shoulders are moving up a little slightly at the end of the motion, it's normal. only very slightly, and only at the end of the motion.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon

aus_soldier has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpringbokBazza
    when i do barbell curls even with an ez-bar i find my left should lifts up is this a prob n does it cause any dis-advantages?
    Yeah when I first started out, i had the same problem, work with Dumbbells until the strength/muscle in that arm builds up.

Use medium sized weights on your DB.
    I did the following:

Start.....
    3 x 10 DB @ 7.5 KGCurls (on your weak arm), for me it was my right arm. Twice a day, in the every morning and and night for a Month.

5 x 10 DB @ 10 KG Curls (on your, now weakish arm.)
    Once your weak arm has adapted to 7.5 KG increase the weight to 10 KG.
    Twice a day, in the every morning and night for a Month.

Only rest when your muscles hurt and you can't do it anymore. Obvisually, adjust the weights to what you can lift safely.

Still do your regular exercises, but include this in the morning and night, you should notice some improvement over time.