Thread: Hoodia Plant

New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hoodia Plant

I heard this is a plant grown in South Africa.
    It is supposed to curb your hunger.
    They are trying to synthetically manufacture it under the name
    p-57
    I have looked up info on the web . There really is not much out there except companies trying to sell there version of it.
    I would not know how many MG to take if i was interested. I did see a 60 minutes report on it ( you know the old saying a little knowledge is dangerous) They mentioned what is out there today does not have enough mg's in it to make a difference( such a slimspa)

any one know anything about this?
    or where I can look up some REAL info ??
    Last edited by New York; 11-22-2004 at 12:11 PM.

indentured servant velikimajmun's Avatar
    velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by New York
    I heard this is a plant grown in South Africa.
    It is supposed to curb your hunger.
    They are trying to synthetically manufacture it under the name
    p-57
    I have looked up info on the web . There really is not much out there except companies trying to sell there version of it.
    I would not know how many MG to take if i was interested. I did see a 60 minutes report on it ( you know the old saying a little knowledge is dangerous) They mentioned what is out there today does not have enough mg's in it to make a difference( such a slimspa)

any one know anything about this?
    or where I can look up some REAL info ??
    So I did a pubmed search and that showed only one semi-related article. So I looked up all of phytopharms published patent applications (~12) and issued patents (3) for hoodia. It seems that an effective dose of pure compound is in the range of .5mg/kg/day, for pure extract its 5mg/kg/day, and for crude extract 50mg/kg/day...thus using a crude extract you would need 5 grams per day for a 222lb man. This is what the company is aiming for in their meal replacements I am sure as you aren't going to get that in a pill. The sythetic method for the compound wasn't scaleable..(which means you could make big quantities but it would cost more than its wieght in platinum to do so). My guess is any product on the market is using a crude extract in pill form at ~100mg a dose which would do nothing for you in all likelihood.

You can search for patent apps at www.uspto.gov
    Avant Labs Rep

Sesalean the fat burning oil is now available

zOaib has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    they had a documentary on 60min yesterday sounds like somethign interesting

New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50) New York will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    https://secure.host-matrix.com/aloe/index.asp

so the amount sold here would not be effective ??

velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) velikimajmun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    https://secure.host-matrix.com/aloe/index.asp

so the amount sold here would not be effective ??
    So that would be a crude preparation. Its simply dried and milled ( it 20:1 more potent because the water is gone) so according to the patent data 488 mg would unlikely get the job done...but also you really never know. If you really are interested and that site does seem to ship from africa so its probably not a cheap US supp company knock off and could likely escape patent prosecution as Patent protection enforcement in africa is a non-entity. My advice...give it a try its only 28 bucks and you should know if its working right away as opposed to most supplements that have rather nebulus observable effects. If you do try it please keep us posted.
    Avant Labs Rep

ok
    just bought some. I will let everyone know
    Hmm gave my credit card to an African company over the internet ..
    I could end up with an elephant at my house....

ok
    just bought some. I will let everyone know
    Hmm gave my credit card to an African company over the internet ..
    I could end up with an elephant at my house....

lol...its more like there will be a few bushmen with some new sneakers this chistmas

Please do update this thread and keep us posted I am definitely curious to see a first hand opinion
    Avant Labs Rep

Daisy Duke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've used it, and I definitely noticed less hunger when dieting for a show. I'll definitely keep using it. I used 20:1 extract, 400mg caps.
    www.LeanGirl.com

whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) whutevr has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Bump

forgot to ever update this
    Hoodia did nothing for me. As I learned more about it you would Need ALOT more to really work. or get an actaul plant. the stuff they sell now has to little to be of any effect for you.

sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sixzero has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    forgot to ever update this
    Hoodia did nothing for me. As I learned more about it you would Need ALOT more to really work. or get an actaul plant. the stuff they sell now has to little to be of any effect for you.
    Are you serious? 60minutes does something on this? Hoodia is mentioned in many magazines and it does nothing? Damn what a bunch of idiots everybody is... If it doesn't work then whats all the hype about?
    Daily dedication...

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It DOES work, you just have to find a good quality version of it.

Most products on the market are bunk, as usual.

hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000)
    i believe the plant is illegal to take to the US, so everyones version of hoodia is not the real thing. i wouldnt really trust the companies versions of it

Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Random907 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hxcBB
    i believe the plant is illegal to take to the US, so everyones version of hoodia is not the real thing. i wouldnt really trust the companies versions of it
    I'm Canadian, sooo...

My stuff is directly from Africa.

Tired of being lied to resurrected's Avatar
    resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000) resurrected is just really nice. (+1000)
    I bought some from a local vitamin shop and it seems to work fine.
    Every now and then it seems to cause me to have the ****s. But it sure does control the hunger.

Let's put it like this, gents.

There are some people who buy/take Saw Palmetto and get nothing out of it, and then there are some people who buy/take it from a good source and feel its effects within 2 weeks. The difference is in the quality.