Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe this is a good place to ask a question.....
    I'm pretty turned off from Christianity, but somehow I "wish" I wasn't. People say it can bring stability and joy to one's life, but somehow I can't accept it. I guess what turns me off about it is cheats, total jerks, hypocrites (especially hypocrites), those forcing religion on you, and those not tolerant of others because of Christianity. People who sin all week and then believe one day wipes the slate clean. I don't understand it and I can't force myself to be a part of that. Anyone have any ideas for acceptance?

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Hey man, I'm right there with you. I went to a christian middle school, and I was turned off by those who were "forced" to go to church and then would not act like it outside of those walls. That is why, all throughout high school and last year in college, I refused to call myself a Christian because I KNEW I was living wrong.

My advice for you bro, I don't know if you're in College or what, but my advice is to go to a college specific service. When people WANT to go to hear about Christ and to worship, like in College, it probably means they are not the false type of Christians. We are all here for you bro, and although I have a LONG way to go, as do we all, I feel that small steps are the way to go. And a small step would be to go and see how true Christians treat people.

AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Honez, many people share your feelings. Some good resources I would recommend for you to look at are "A Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel, also "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. Genuine christians have accepted Christ into their lives and seek a personal relationship with him, living according to His standards, and not by the ones of the world. It's by His grace and mercy we are saved. You're in my prayers bro. God bless
    "All that is not eternal is eternally useless." C.S. Lewis

honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I go to Texas A&M..one of the most conservative places around.
    A lot of people seem to be religious, then just get totally trashed on the weekends, screw, etc. I don't know how big those sins are in the book...then again I know a few who are pretty down to Earth Christians. I'll try and figure it out...
    There's a big religious thing every Tuesday I believe, but it's pretty contemporary and I can't get into it. I want to hear something I can relate to instead of falling asleep....
    It's hard for me to accept religion. I'm sort of a rational "have to see it to believe it" type of people. That's probably the main thing holding me back..
    Last edited by honez; 11-22-2004 at 09:56 PM.

AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AaronC has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Big H, I really enjoy Thrid Day, I've seen them in concert a couple of times. You should check out "Telecast" and "The David Crowder Band." God Bless
    "All that is not eternal is eternally useless." C.S. Lewis

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally Posted by honez
    Yeah, I go to Texas A&M..one of the most conservative places around.
    A lot of people seem to be religious, then just get totally trashed on the weekends, screw, etc. I don't know how big those sins are in the book...then again I know a few who are pretty down to Earth Christians. I'll try and figure it out...
    There's a big religious thing every Tuesday I believe, but it's pretty contemporary and I can't get into it. I want to hear something I can relate to instead of falling asleep....
    See if they have Campus Crusade over there. Or, i'm sure you can find another one that is college specific.

I know the people who get smashed etc. man. The earth's temptations are strong.

tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50) tpreitzel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My journey with Christ Jesus won't be complete until I'm finished with the body unfortunately. The only solution to our imperfection is the indwelling power of the Holy Ghost and walking CLOSELY with HIM in reverent, sincere prayer based on ACCURATE translations of HIS word.
    To Non-Christians: Christians are NOT infallible and YOU must be willing to accept that fact. Christians are changed inwardly through the power of the blood sacrifice of Christ Jesus which HE then sends through the Holy Ghost at a time of HIS selection. You don't select Christ. HE selects you by enabling your faith in HIM and faith comes by sincerely seeking HIM through reading HIS word. Even after conversion by the Holy Ghost, the struggles of the flesh such as illness (myself) render a flawed manifestation of Christ Jesus in our lives. Understand that fact completely. Charles Stanley is an example. Charles thought that he was fullfilling Christ's plan for him by devoting ALL of his energy in ministry of Christ's word. As a result, his marriage failed. Was Charles actually fullfilling Christ's plan for his life by ignoring his wife's needs in pursuit of what he thought was God's call? Pursuing a commandment doesn't justify violating another one. With that said, I still respect Charles highly. As a bodybuilder, many of my fellow Christians would probably say that it's a sin. That's OK with me as I respect their opinions based on the conviction of their conscience by the Holy Ghost. I personally don't believe it in my heart because I DON'T pursue bodybuilding to REAP from the flesh, but rather to USE the physical GIFT of bodybuilding that HE gave me to set an admittedly flawed example of Christ Jesus to the world.
    BTW, I don't have a lot of time to post on BB.com. I registered with the forums primarily because I use the commercial services
    of the company and I wanted some outlet for communicating with the world of bodybuilding. My primary motive for posting will be this: To generate a world view that is based on accuracy and not fantasy or entertainment. This world view is not positive because the world is VERY sick spirtually and the mass media is simply a diversion from truth. From my postings such as WingTV (see the video interview with DeCamp, a senator from Nebraska who uncovered the Franklin affair), you just might begin to see the NEED for a savior that isn't some flawed human or based on rituals. Once you see the need, then hope for America and the world exists through Christ Jesus.

PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty turned off from Christianity, but somehow I "wish" I wasn't. People say it can bring stability and joy to one's life, but somehow I can't accept it. I guess what turns me off about it is cheats, total jerks, hypocrites (especially hypocrites), those forcing religion on you, and those not tolerant of others because of Christianity. People who sin all week and then believe one day wipes the slate clean. I don't understand it and I can't force myself to be a part of that. Anyone have any ideas for acceptance?
    honez - Alot of people claim to be Christians, but their hearts are far from God. These are the people that give Christians a bad name. Non-believers look at these self proclaimed christians and say to themselves "if that's what being a christian is all about, I want no part of it". A true Christian would not force their beliefs on you and tell you that if you don't accept Jesus that you are going to hell. Jesus said to feed His sheep, not beat His sheep. I can't make anyone believe what I believe, that's not my job .. Jesus said "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him" - John 6:44

Here are a few more verses that maybe helpful and shed more light on the type of people you have met, and how they have been deceived into thinking their actions are ok.

Mark 7:6 NIV
    He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: " 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

James 1:12-16 NIV
    Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don't be deceived, my dear brothers.

James 1:22-25 NIV
    Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.

1 Corinthians 10:21 NIV
    You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord's table and the table of demons.
    Last edited by PROVERBS413; 11-22-2004 at 11:40 PM.
    Ω OmegaSportsSupplements.com

the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) the rich pimp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Bump.

52 Wins 4 Loses 49 KOs Deadgame's Avatar
    Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000) Deadgame is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm not religious but your thread shines a postive outlook on this forum and the respect board members share for one another.
    I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun.

"A race of people is like an individual man; until it uses its own talent, takes pride in its own history, expresses its own culture, affirms its own selfhood, it can never fulfill itself." Malcolm X

1000 plus, reps returned

Millionaires are made from talent and intellect; not the major you selected when you're coming out of high school. Warren Buffett

Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I want to help encourage all my Christian brothers and sisters on this site.
    Especially nowadays life can be discouraging, just remember there are others out there who have the same values and beliefs as you, and are experiencing the same difficulties. Never give up doing what's right. There's a saying that goes "I would rather be persecuted for doing what's right, than prosper for doing wrong."

Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kaja has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by |}373r/\/\1n3|)
    I'd just like to say that I've just recently been saved. I grew up the first 18 years of my life without God. I always believed there was a higher power but never really thought much of it. My girlfriend (who is a very faithful christian) invited me along to a youth christian convention and while there my eyes were opened and my heart was touched to what Jesus is really about. Ever since then, I've been reading my bible and praying like no other. I had bouts with depression before but now I couldn't feel any better. I just want to thank Jesus for what he did for us and to pray for all that have not accepted his gift yet.
    VERY glad to hear that!
    Stick with it brother!

*Beth* has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread is a great idea, thank you for putting it up.
    I just wanted to say it is nice to meet you all. I have recently found my way back to God, finally realising all the signs he was giving me to bring me back to him. My husband and I had been trying to have another baby for three years, and I have some serious fertility problems. We finally gave up trying, and I threw myself into training for my first show. Two weeks out I went to the doctor because I'd been feeling so sick and couldn't shed the last water weight...yes, I was pregnant. A totaly miracle to get pregnant naturally, after 7 miscarraiges and numerous fertility surgeries/treatments, there was no way it could happen naturally. But I strongly felt it was God shouting to me that he has a plan for us, that there is a time and reason for it all. The pregnancy was lost a few weeks later and I missed my first show, but I know it all happened as part of his plan. I begged for a sign from him to tell me why this all had happened, why give us such a gift to be taken away and on top of it end my shot at my first show....but looking back it was all for the best. I found out I got into Nursing School and had to start immediately, and now I know why it all happened that way. Now I'm back on track, going to school and training again, and my heart is finally healing from all that heartache. I think God knew I needed to heal my heart before I could make my life work again.
    So sorry for the sob story....this post just touched me this morning, and I have not confided any of this to anyone except my husband. Throught it all I strongly felt that I was being shown the way back to God, and I am grateful to return. My life is so much better now, so much more peaceful. It was good to talk about all that happened last summer. Thanks for listening. It is nice to know there are more spiritual persons out there in the Iron World!

DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaIceman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome thread H..

I got goose-bumps reading thru your posts. Hi Proverbs [/waves]

Now for a bit about me.

I grew up in a Catholic family that did not practice anything, Catholic was just a word. I smoked, swore like a sailor, drank, stole, snuck out of the house all the time, and expirimented with pot a little. Then one day I was asked to take pictures at a Christmas play in a Baptist church. Well, alot of you may be aware of how Catholics and Baptists feel about each other, so as you can imagine, I was not all too pleased to go. I really enloy photography, so I went. Now for the rest of the story.

Salvation: I the balcony of a church that I was at taking pictures of a Christmas program for my little step-brother. December 1988, I was 16. It was the first time I was in church in about 10 years other than for funerals and weddings.

I continued going to the same church where I met a girl 2 years my junior. I know, what was a 16 year old doin looking at a 14 yo?? Hey, I was in church, and her dad is a pastor, don't pick on me. Well I married Cindy 6 years later and still lover her to death. We now have 3 boys, the LAST one is 7 months old..

Altho I have been attending service for 16 years now, I still can not believe how much I do not know. One activity that I do regularly is counseling at our summer camps. You can get down and dirty and beat the snot out of the teen-agers during the day and be a mentorin the evenings in service and in the cabins. It is so fullfilling to know that you may have changed someones life for the better. With my past, I enloy telling teens of my childhood, I think it can help them alot to actually talk to someone who HAS been there. All too often I here Bible College grads talking to youth about how bad alcohol is and drugs are, which is good, but when they hear is from me, it seems to hit them a little harder. I am not proud of my past, but GOD gives everyone a tool to use.

Big H, examine yourself and find the tool that GOD gave you and use it. You will be amazed of the electricity that flows thru your body when you are doing work for GOD.

Man-o-man, I can not believe I typed all that!!!

Keep posting guys!!!

Jeff

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hats off H

I to have stepped away from religion FAR away from the beliefs I grew up with. Doing far more wrong things than ..right ones. Something took place recently causing a number of friends are no longer my friends. Long story brought on by a life style I lived. The thing I struggle with daily is the forgiveness issue and not being able to do it. Especially when it comes to two people... how does one forgive when the actions of others affected those they love? Ya its vague but that matters at hand are quite personal. There is less rage than there once was against these two people. The gym and a healthy body able to take the abuse have been a saving grace for me. Sorta of a weak of mind/heart strong of body mentality.

Cool

I hear ya man. I've never really been close to God. It's long story, but basically during my middle school years I went to a Christian school. Well, there was this one kid who I made fun of. Well, anyway, come High School, i went to a public one. Once I got out of that Christian environment (although that is putting it nicely) I wanted to make amends with the kid. So, we got to talking and I told him personal stuff about me.
    Well, turns out he told everyone, and that is where I started to detest Christians. I made it my job throughout High School to bully people, and to make fun of Christians.
    Well, come about a month and a half ago I was in a stage of depression. Started drinking heavily, and sometimes when I feel like crap I like to bring other people down.
    So, I got on one of my AIM screenames and started to harrass this girl who was a Christian. her boyfriend AIMs me and I lay into him for about an hour. That whole hour he doesn't respond with anger, but keeps being nice. So, I suddenly realize, wow, how can someone take that and still be happy a know?
    Then we meet up, and I see the joy he and his girlfriend has and it makes me more depressed then ever, cause then I look at my life and see what I am missing.

So from then on, I've been saturating myself with worship etc. and trying to turn my life around. I want that joy, and I want to live life for a purpose now.
    God uses your past, and does his best work when you are suffering/depressed. Who is going to go back to God when everything is going his/her way? It's times that are hard that people seek out God, and that is why he gives us these times so that we can learn from them and help others.

I feel I can relate to people who: have been around fake Christians, been depressed, been really angry and full of hate ( I still struggle with this), hold grudges (this too) etc.

jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i can totally relate to what your saying the truth is there hypocrites everywhere that call themeselves christians they live like like hell through the week but act like christians on sundays i personally believe that there are millions of professing christians that are nothing more than false converts. But then there are many that have had there lifes changed by jesus christ like myself the bible is trully the word of god it has 100% track record of predicting the future it has about 10,385 predictions i think the most interesting thing about the bible is how accurate prophecy is thats what got me interested.i encourage you to check it out.

Cool

Originally Posted by jake24
    i can totally relate to what your saying the truth is there hypocrites everywhere that call themeselves christians they live like like hell through the week but act like christians on sundays i personally believe that there are millions of professing christians that are nothing more than false converts. But then there are many that have had there lifes changed by jesus christ like myself the bible is trully the word of god it has 100% track record of predicting the future it has about 10,385 predictions i think the most interesting thing about the bible is how accurate prophecy is thats what got me interested.i encourage you to check it out.
    Yes. I beleive that a lot of people accept Christ just "in case" there is a Heaven. They want to be guaranteed a spot in Heaven, but the they still want to reap the benefits of the world.

BODYBUILDER / WARRIOR The Conqueror's Avatar
    The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Conqueror is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Big H
    It's a long story my bro. I got off the path for about 6-7 years, but now I have made the decision and I am re-dedicating my life. It's the hardest thing for me to do, for I have been living "wrong" for 6+ years now. You can tell in my posts, even though I have re-dedicated my life, the flesh is still VERY strong in me.

Proverbs- Very nice posts bro. Glad to have a teacher here.
    Full respect, bro

I myself am changing my ways since my bout with Anxiety/Depression Disorder. I'm closer to God that I've ever been cause I know that only He can get me through this.
    Before you achieve victory in the war without. . .you must first master the warrior within. . . (The Conqueror)

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war (Asian Proverb)

Cool

Originally Posted by The Conqueror
    Full respect, bro

I myself am changing my ways since my bout with Anxiety/Depression Disorder. I'm closer to God that I've ever been cause I know that only He can get me through this.
    Yeah bro. I feel the same way ..

He uses these times to draw us to Him

jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jake24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a long story my bro. I got off the path for about 6-7 years, but now I have made the decision and I am re-dedicating my life. It's the hardest thing for me to do, for I have been living "wrong" for 6+ years now. You can tell in my posts, even though I have re-dedicated my life, the flesh is still VERY strong in me.

Proverbs- Very nice posts bro. Glad to have a teacher here.
    i did the same thing bro i drifted away in did my own thing for a couple of years when i was a teenager but now i have been back for several years i am rooted into my faith stronger than ever,and by the way the hardest thing you will ever have to do is master the flesh i still struggle with that one.

PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PROVERBS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Deadgame
    I'm not religious ..
    I just wanted to say that I am not a “religious” person either. The reason I say this is because a lot of people use that term too loosely. As a Christian, I follow the teachings of Christ and I have a relationship with God. Religion is based on a set of man-made rules and doctrines. It was the religious people that plotted against Jesus because He taught against the Law of Moses. With Christ we are no longer under the law, but under grace. Being a Christian is not about religion it’s about a relationship with God.
    Ω OmegaSportsSupplements.com

Originally Posted by HulkHagen
    I'm not particularly religious but it bugs me that people who don't believe in God or Allah or any kind of god constantly remind everyone of their beliefs all the while complaining that Christians shove their beliefs down everyone's throats.
    thats the truth i find that most not all but most athiest are the most bitter people around everytime you talk about god they always have something negative to say maybee deep down they no there is a god they just dont want to be held accountible for there lifes.

Originally Posted by Umkazar
    I like most Christians. The KKK and Jew hateing type can burn in hell. The Israel loveing, G-d fairing type I like, and will be happy to share paradice with.
    are you jewish? if you are dont worry man we christians exept for a few bad apples love the jewish people.

Excellent replies in this thread!
    To all of you who have gotten of the path in your life, it is never ever too late to turn back. It's great to hear that even though many of you lived for yourselves for a while, you are coming back now. All of us struggle, and needing encouragment is necessary for every Christian - young or old. Remember, no matter what you've done, God will forgive you and and be THRILLED that you have come back to him.
    Keep in mind the Prodigal Son story, and the verse that says "...and the Lord forgiveth seven times seventy-seven."

Umkazar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Umkazar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Umkazar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jake24
    are you jewish? if you are dont worry man we christians exept for a few bad apples love the jewish people.
    Yes, I just moved to America from Israel.

Pressed, but not crushed matpal's Avatar
    matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know my man. I've been trying to get back into praying. It's just so hard for me to do it and feel like God is listening you know. I know he is, but I've just been away for so long IDK what it FEELS like to really pray from the heart anymore.

It does not matter how long you have been apart from God; it only matters that you have returned!

Big H, all this time you have thought that it was up to you to keep the faith. Instead, rely of the faith of Jesus Chrsit who can save. Even though our faith is like thin branches blowing in the wind, He is the mighty oak that holds onto us and will not let go. He has promised that He will never forsake or leave us, and wether His answer is "yes, no or later" He has also promised he hears you.
    "Love Everyone" - Jesus

Ex-CEO/Unaffiliated

I used to make the Holy Grail

FF/Medic

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know my man. I've been trying to get back into praying. It's just so hard for me to do it and feel like God is listening you know. I know he is, but I've just been away for so long IDK what it FEELS like to really pray from the heart anymore.
    Right there with ya brother ... H you do kickass this is the best thread in ages. Hopefully some dip**** won't chime in and jump all over it.

Pressed, but not crushed matpal's Avatar
    matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matpal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Some food for thought:

Philippians 4
    6Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Notice the first part:

6Don't worry about anything

Now how many of us can say that we do not worry about anything? We all worry about everything! Things that should noy bother us do; menial, trivial things. But Here we are given a better option:

instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need

What is this? The Soverign God of the universe is interested in my daily affairs and wants me to seek his help for everything? Yes!! And we are told that when we gather in prayer, Jesus is among us. What am awesome promise to behold!

So why should we do this? Paul tells us:

If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.

Peace. Comfort. Joy. Hope. The hope that is comforting so much, it is unfathomable. Jesus wants us to share our burdens. We were not made to carry them on our own. Seek His Glory and your life will be changed. Notice I did not say your life will be easy. For instance, some of the greatest Christians of all time were the most beaten, starved, persecuted people ever. But the had the hope that comes with the unshakable Grace found only in Christ Jesus that comes from letting Him have our problems.
    "Love Everyone" - Jesus

Ex-CEO/Unaffiliated

I used to make the Holy Grail

FF/Medic

Originally Posted by Umkazar
    Yes, I just moved to America from Israel.
    thats cool,i personally have never been to israel but i know many people that have been there they say its a wonderful place.so how do you like america so far?