Registered User JustinStephan89's Avatar
    JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinStephan89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From rack jerks.....

anyone do these ? for how many reps and sets ? whats your personal best ? how do you feel the isolation of the lift helps when doing full clean and jerks?
    Powerlifting

ATG S - 370 - 335 x 4
    Bench- 280 - 255 x 3
    Deadlift-460 - 402 x 6
    Total - 1110

Olympic lifting

front squat - 257
    Clean - 242
    squat + Behind the neck jerk - 222
    C + J - 210

magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50) magicman531 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do these quite a bit, moreso than cleaning the bar first. Normally I work my strict press, head into some backbending, then use a bit of leg drive and work up to push presses. My jerk doesn't look much different than my push press. I've done 240 pounds from the rack with a push press. Reps start out at 6 and eventually go down to doubles or singles on the heavy lifts.
    I pander to the lowly scum of the world. So if you enjoy my posting, you're probably a rotten lowlife.

I'm negged for my cynicism and undying wit.

I post not for your edification, but for my entertainment.

Consummate master of insults.

Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Arlecchino has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not really, as my problem on the C&J was always racking it successfully. If I could rack the clean, I could jerk it. Did this with a very deep split under the bar, and just sort of came naturally.

I had a friend who did them, as this was his worst portion of the lift. He would usually perform them following heavy overhead pressing, to make them harder, and force himself to split deeper under the bar as he had less 'gas in the tank' at this point.

A decent progression over the course of a few weeks to work on your power might be something like this:

Press
    Push Press
    Push Jerk
    Jerk

Work each lift for a couple of weeks, with the reps decreasing each week. You can increase the sets if you wish more volume, but a brief rest can allow you to be more explosive in later sets. Think of this as something of Dynamic Effort work, and more sets of fewer reps gives you more first reps.