Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User ExtremeGenetics's Avatar
    ExtremeGenetics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How do you build your biceps?

Hey, i have a guestion which form is best burn out,superset or failure because i just did burn out, and i want to know which one is the best out of these three.
    "When i wake up in the morning the first thing on my mind id growing."

KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50) KillerTrees will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ooooo oooOOOO AAHAAAHHHH AAHHH AHAHHHHHH ooo ooOOO OOO AHAAAAAAAAH AAAH AAAH AAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

EATING BANANAS MAKE BICEP GROSW FASTER BURNOUT OR FAIL OR ANYTHING.
    I should very much like to throw my glass at you sir but I shant for I fear that I will spill an ounce of more of my beer and that would sadly defeat the purpose of revenge because I will have suffed the loss of but one ounce of my precious firewater.

Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000) Templar is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi ape.
    The only way to predict the future is to create it.

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Either that's ape... or another one of his buddies that has zero grammar skill.

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    to me : non of the above three.

the only thing that has ever worked for me to get to the arms i have now is simply by doing more sets, less reps, more weight, and no failure.

Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles Muscles
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    to me : non of the above three.

the only thing that has ever worked for me to get to the arms i have now is simply by doing more sets, less reps, more weight, and no failure.

What do you mean
    Muscles

Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    well, he asked what was best to build the biceps, and he mentioned three things.

now IMO, none of the three are effective enough.

i got 17" biceps now, and i noticed the best results were when i did : big weights, low reps, many sets (1 minute or less rest in between sets)

burn-out, failure and supersets didn't work for me. i started out at 14", i was stuck 3 months with that because of the above three. then i went the way i train now, and i went from 14 to 17 in 6 months

i usu. do barbell curl for 5 to 7 worksets, going no higher in reps than 6, and i stay away from failure. (that doens't mean the reps are easy tho'... the weight is heavier)

maxotatlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxotatlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to build maximum muscle watever bodypart u must overload the muscle, this is best done in the 4-6 rep range, a great bicep workout woud be

Barbell Curls 3 sets 4-6 reps
    Alternate dumbell curls 2 sets 4-6 reps

take each set to failur making sure you use a weight u can get at least 4 reps out but not more than 6
    Think Maximum overload think MAX-OT

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by maxotatlee
    to build maximum muscle watever bodypart u must overload the muscle, this is best done in the 4-6 rep range, a great bicep workout woud be

Barbell Curls 3 sets 4-6 reps
    Alternate dumbell curls 2 sets 4-6 reps

take each set to failur making sure you use a weight u can get at least 4 reps out but not more than 6
    you are the biggest max-ot spammer I have ever seen. it's ok though, I like the program.

maxotatlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) maxotatlee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the only reason i preach MAX OT is becuase it works, and is based on science not just myth.

Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    actually guys, i'm going back to max-ot myself, i tried 8-12 range for a while now and i've kinda stayed the same so...
    'i won't hit a girl but i'll slap the **** out of a bitch'

i tell u the thing that amazes me on these boards is the group of ANTI MAX OT bb's who obvioulsy havnt got a brain because MAX OT puts all the requirements for building muscle into effect. Some peple for instance will argue tooth and nail other programmes are better however these programmes have no scientific proof. People such as CAT are ANTI AST so seem to disagree with MAX OT simply bexause its from AST

Hey, I love Max-OT... it works, i'm just saying that you preach it alot... it's just funny... but yes, I agree, the program works.

how does max-ot work? by that i mean, how do you 'perform' it?

i like going low in reps : more weight = more tension, combine that with a pump and you got great gains

4-6 reps to faliure - 2-2.5 minutes rest in between
    usually 3 sets compound exercises, 2 sets secondary
    only about 45 minutes to complete the workout
    complete intnsity to faliure.

go to www.ast-ss.com and sign up for max-ot, it's free and they give you the program and all the info... it works great!

Jacko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4-6 reps is incredibly low, that's more for strength than increase in muscle size. i'd say roughly 8-12 reps is optimum for size.

Get squats / deadlifts etc in your routine, you may not believe me but these exercises enable your upper body to get better gains also.

irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000) irpker is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Jacko
    4-6 reps is incredibly low, that's more for strength than increase in muscle size. i'd say roughly 8-12 reps is optimum for size.

Get squats / deadlifts etc in your routine, you may not believe me but these exercises enable your upper body to get better gains also.
    Within the 4-6 rep range, you can achieve maximum overload and higher intensity to induce muscular hypertrophy.

Originally posted by Jacko
    I'd say you have a lot to learn. You obviously don't know what you are talking about... Max-OT has been proven to work, and it works great for pretty much everyone using it... I don't know where that BS about low reps comes from, but it will probably give you the same if not better hypertrophy then 8-12 reps

BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

I wonder why little guys don't make the connection.....

They are busting away at 25 sets of straight barbell curls, using their backs more than their biceps and getting nowhere, while the huge guys with mountain-top biceps are doing complex movements like Barbell Rows, Chins, Power Cleans and maybe 6 sets (at the most) of bicep work.

How interesting!
    "You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world."

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Originally posted by Luke530

I'd say you have a lot to learn. You obviously don't know what you are talking about... Max-OT has been proven to work, and it works great for pretty much everyone using it... I don't know where that BS about low reps comes from, but it will probably give you the same if not better hypertrophy then 8-12 reps
    Max OT is bull****. I'm not sayin git doesn't work, but when you come on here preaching about it w/your boyfriend saying it works for everybody you sound really stupid.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    well, he asked what was best to build the biceps, and he mentioned three things.

now IMO, none of the three are effective enough.

i got 17" biceps now, and i noticed the best results were when i did : big weights, low reps, many sets (1 minute or less rest in between sets)

burn-out, failure and supersets didn't work for me. i started out at 14", i was stuck 3 months with that because of the above three. then i went the way i train now, and i went from 14 to 17 in 6 months

i usu. do barbell curl for 5 to 7 worksets, going no higher in reps than 6, and i stay away from failure. (that doens't mean the reps are easy tho'... the weight is heavier)

3 inches in 6 months. Okay. How much did your bf increase too?
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

Jacko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know exactly what i'm talking about.I know about HIT, but 4-6 reps is more likely to increase your strength than size. 3 sets of pretty intense 8-12 reps is optimal for gaining size.
    Last edited by Jacko; 06-08-2002 at 11:21 AM.

Originally posted by damnJeff

Max OT is bull****. I'm not sayin git doesn't work, but when you come on here preaching about it w/your boyfriend saying it works for everybody you sound really stupid.
    listen bitch, I don't preach max-ot, I use a similar program to theirs and all I said is it works... Think before you speak and stop making stupid and pointless comments like that! obviously you don't know ****, so I would advise you to shut the **** up!

well my bf increased 2%

Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fatal Error is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    are powerlifters small? they do 1 rep sets...
    'i won't hit a girl but i'll slap the **** out of a bitch'

bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000) bigkid is just really nice. (+1000)
    4-6 reps is too low and hard on your joints. Maybe on set, but not all your sets at 4-6, that is just retarded.

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by BigWard
    I wonder why little guys don't make the connection.....

They are busting away at 25 sets of straight barbell curls, using their backs more than their biceps and getting nowhere, while the huge guys with mountain-top biceps are doing complex movements like Barbell Rows, Chins, Power Cleans and maybe 6 sets (at the most) of bicep work.

How interesting!
    Listen to this man, he knows his stuff.

BigWard, are you a fellow abbreviator by any chance??

P.S.: To gain bicep size, increase your muscle mass in your entire body.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by CyberGod

Listen to this man, he knows his stuff.

BigWard, are you a fellow abbreviator by any chance??

P.S.: To gain bicep size, increase your muscle mass in your entire body.
    Kinnda. I definatly have cut my load since I started out. Still do 2-3 sets for the majority of my excersises though. I remember one day just doing bicep work, maybe 35 sets, till I literally couldn't curl ANY weight. Back then I thought that was going to faliure and I would grow like a madman. How times have changed.....
    "You're going to get criticized no matter what you do, especially if you're trying to achieve something and rise above the flock. Do it anyway. Negative criticism from others is often a sign that you're on your way up in the world."

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by BigWard

Kinnda. I definatly have cut my load since I started out. Still do 2-3 sets for the majority of my excersises though. I remember one day just doing bicep work, maybe 35 sets, till I literally couldn't curl ANY weight. Back then I thought that was going to faliure and I would grow like a madman. How times have changed.....

lol, i remember giving arms its own day and doing like 30 sets for biceps, triceps and forearms

Interesting..... I still do 3-4 sets for the major exercises, going to failure MAYBE on my last set.

Can you post your workout routine??? PM me if ya prefer.

Thanks.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Originally posted by CyberGod

lol, i remember giving arms its own day and doing like 30 sets for biceps, triceps and forearms

Interesting..... I still do 3-4 sets for the major exercises, going to failure MAYBE on my last set.

Can you post your workout routine??? PM me if ya prefer.

Thanks.
    Sure.........

Mon - Legs
    Tue - Back
    Wed- Rest
    Thur- Chest
    Fri - Off
    Sat - Back or Chest
    Sunday: Off

LEGS:

Superset: Hack Squat 3x8-10
    Calf Raises 3x12-15

Superset: Front, Back or 1-Leg Squats 3x8-10
    Leg Press 3x6-8

Superset: Leg Ext. (1 or 2 legs) 3x10-12
    Leg Curls (same) 3x8-10

Superset: Standing Calf Raises 2x12-15
    Seated Calf Raises 2x 12-15

BACK:

Superset: Power Cleans or Chins 3x5, 3x6-10
    Close Grip Underhand Pulldowns 3x8-10

Bent-Over Rows or DB Rows 3x8-10

DeadLift or Curls (if I am doing Chest on Sat.) 3x5, 3x8-12

CHEST/TRICEPS/SHOULDERS:

Incline Bench 3x8-10

Incline DB Bench 3x6-10

Dips 3x6-10

Fly's 2x12

Lateral DB Raises 3x8-12

Tricep Ext. (various) 3x10-12

Tricep Pushdowns 2x10-12 (only if Back is on Sat.)

BACK/BICEPS or CHEST/TRICEPS:

I alternate these bodyparts because my chest needs most improvement and though my back is good, I believe big backs will win competitions. I just do islolation work with machines and cables and focus more and I do some sets or biceps or triceps. Though I had to set my schedule up this way because the weekend is my only chance to drive to a gym that has all these cables and machines, it worked out great for me. Also, the gym that I go to on the weekdays has very little machines, but is loaded with bumper-plates and thick floor pads so I can do all the compound movements (Power Cleans, DeadLifts, ect.) that the gym I go to on the weekend wouldn't have room for or would bitch about because it's noisy.

I like my routine split because I havn't overtrained on it yet and I have a day to use for improving a lagging bodypart. I put my leg workout on monday so I was fully refreshed and ready to work. Chest and Back are in the middle because I am working one of those twice a week, so it's not as important to be totally rested. My leg routine has been giving me the best results since I started training. After I pop a few Ripped-Fuels and get the hardcore music on my headphones going, I go at the weights with intensity that Tom Platz would be proud ofl! Ever since I started doing my leg routine I have been incredibly sore for at least 5 days after. Leg days are the days I live for!

Now it's your turn to put down all of YOUR routine :-)