Thread: building out

msvampire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question building out

I started doing lots of ab work outs and it looks like above my belly button it is building out while the bottom part is triming down. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and what I can do to make my upper part flat too?

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what are you doing now

Talk to me as a beginer for I am one

Hi Kane,
    Thanks for the info, but since I'm new at this I don't really know all the terms. I am right now working at loseing weight and trying to get rid of all the rolls and fat I put on myself over the years. I am doing the Ab machine by Jake and doing the winsor Pilates for the abs. Right now I need and want to get rid of the jelly bellly. I need to get fit and trim by Feb 2005 thats when my boy friend comes home. So PLEASE any and all help is excepted.

JohniRocket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What kind of abs workouts or excercises are you doing? If you are laying flat on floor or bench and doing crunches then you will make your stomache bigger. I reccomend doing cardio as much as possible 3 to 6 times a week. Do this for 20 minutes at a time, running, walking or excercise bike etc. Do this first to get initial weight loss. Also keep in mind diet is 80 percent of being able to see your muscles. I have no idea how much you want to lose, 1 to 2 pounds a week is good goal. If you do abs before losing wieght you will get bigger in that area as your muscles will get bigger underneath the layer of fat.
    Lastly if at all possible try to hang from a bar and lift your legs up , this is an abs routione that will sort of lengthen and flatten out stomache area.

hey JohniRocket
    thanks for the information. I am doing ab exercise from a machine and some on the floor. I am looking to lose 30 more pounds by Feb. I have been dieting and have lost 10 lbs in the first month. Lost 19.75 inches all over the body. But even though I have lost those inches, when i look at my abs, above the belly button, it looks like it has not chanced except maybe a little bigger. So I guess my question is even though I am still trying to lose the weight, and 10 lbs in not bad, by exercising before all the weight is gone, will I still get bigger? Looking fater than I was?

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you arn't training your abs with weight other then your bodyweight they are not likely to get very much bigger
    feel your stomach
    how soft is it
    does it feel like it's just a flab of fat or is there some firmness like it's just the way your abdomen muscles are shaped?
    and what kind of cardio are you doing
    do you have a treadmil?

Fit_4_Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats. on your losing weight. My wife has been working out since March '04 and as of Wednesday she has lost 100 pounds! As long as you diet and exercise right you should have no problem losing 30 more.

However, you can't spot reduce. You may firm up and develop your abs, but it is impossible to control the amount of fat around the belly. I am not familiar with the Ab Machine except for those annoying infomercials. It seems that more concentration is placed on the "upper" section of your abs.

My wife has been successful losing weight and dropping her body fat percentage by doing cardio 5 days a week for 45 minutes. She alternates between running, recumbant bike, and the elliptical machine. She also uses the free weights at our gym to increase her lean muscle mass.

Hope this helps.
    The great successful people...
    create their mental picture, and
    then go to work materializing that picture...

well i don't do any cardio which by everyone's replys I should. I have a treadmill, but use it mostly to hang clothes. So with that said.........Out it comes...............I am going to lose this weight and have a very nice body by Feb. and will do it takes to get there. I have been faithful on doing my exercises so now I must start the cardio part of the training. Congrad your wife for me for I know how hard it is, but if she can do it than I can too. It also helps when you have someone to help you and go to the gym with you. I will have that help in Feb when my love one comes home, so until than.... I am depending on help from all of you. Thanks