Xanthus[RoMe] has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with my supplement stack

Hey guys just wondering if any of you know something bout supplements and can help me out.

I'm carbin' up and taking a protein shake about an hour before workout (MuscleMilk), taking xpand just prior to work out, taking a glutamine product with 5g per serving just after, and following that another protein shake (muscle milk again), another scoop of glutamine and a MAX ZMA test booster before bed.

The rest of my diet is pretty good as well.

I was wondering if:

Is the glutamine product necessary? I don't know what the rate of absorption the different chemical compositions engender, but I know the muscle milk has an undetermined amount of the compound (L-glutamine) and xpand has 1g of the compound alpha-glutamine. So I was wondering if the extra 5g of glutamine twice a day was needed. Should I cut one or both of the servings, or keep it the same?

I was also wondering if any of the products are counteracting with each other, or stifling each others effects. Should I take the glutamine at a different time, not just prior to the protein shake?

Another question, I was wondering if the amount of creatine in the xpand product is enough, as it is primarily a NO2 product, used for preworkout boost. However it does have traces of creatine. I've heard of people taking a scoop before and after - any ideas on that? Should I look into taking another creatine product to maximize results?

Another, and final thing - Before this, I was on a stack with NO-xplode and Cellmass from BSN, and was making huge gains. I heard that the caffeine in NO-Xplode restricts blood flow - contradicting the NO effect, witch's goal is to increase blood flow. However I got a better pump from that then I am from Xpand, and was wondering as to your thoughts on that.

Again I'd like to reiterate I'm not some punk kid who takes a bunch of supplements just to sound cool - I'm in the gym 7 days a week, doing cardio on my off days, and I work out hard. I just want to know what I'm putting into my body, and how to optimize my performance.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Xanthus[RoMe] View Post
    Is the glutamine product necessary?
    I'm no expert, but in my experience whey protein contains plenty of glutamine. Others, like Derek / Beast are leaner and they do use / like glutamine (and I respect that).

Simply put, results will vary (good luck and welcome to BB.COM !! )
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience